All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Post Operative Nausea/Vomiting new
      #212053 - 09/09/05 11:25 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I will echo the replies of others here Kim, one word = drugs!!! Ask for phenegran and zofran - zofran is stronger. I was on that for a little while I was weaning on to my immunosupressants for CD. It works wonders! Good luck with the entire process!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#212060 - 09/09/05 11:47 AM
Tina in NYC

Reged: 09/09/05

Oh, you've wanted this for so long that I'm sure you'll be so pleased! Good idea about the nude before and after for your own files. It will be a great reminder as to how big they were and just why you did it.

I think it's great and if you can get that monster tattoo, this surgery ain't nothin!

--------------------
------

Tina

#212071 - 09/09/05 12:44 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks Tina!!

It's funny....you'd think I'd be nervous about the actual surgery but it's the puking part that freaks me out the most....hahaha.

I have a high tolerance for pain so I'm not worried about that at all....I'm sure I'll be just fine.

I'll be sure to post before and after pics when it's done!!

#212074 - 09/09/05 12:47 PM
Tina in NYC

Reged: 09/09/05

Lukcy you, I'm a wimp and have a low tolerance to pain!

--------------------
------

Tina

#212102 - 09/09/05 02:28 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I was under general anethesia when I had my two children and when I had my appendix out. I did get very nauseated when I first woke up. They gave me a shot of (I think it's Pheneragan (sp) and that really helped.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Kimm!! new
      #212178 - 09/09/05 10:27 PM
Stephie

Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Kimm,

3 weeks?! Yay!! I am so excited for you! I have to send off some forms tomorrow for my own reduction, and then I get put on the waiting list so I counting on you to be my guide once you've had yours done, hee hee!

I think everyone else has given you really good re: the post op puking. I think if they already know you are concerned, and are really assertive on the day that they'll drug you up nice so that your tummy stays as calm as possible. I also think asking for something for afterwards, and to take home with you is a great idea.
I really feel like you won't throw up BUT if you do, my mom just came out of surgery a few weeks ago and although she did get sick after because she was so out of it she didn't even seem to notice OR remember what happened.
I just know you're gonna be fine, I am rooting for ya!
I cannot WAIT to see your before and after pictures, you're gonna look kick-ass!
So excited for you!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Kimm new
      #212183 - 09/09/05 11:44 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

The first surgery I had I woke up feeling sick. I told the Dr. and they immediately put something in my IV. I always make sure I tell the Dr. that I am prone to feel sick from the anesthesia and they always put the meds in my IV during the surgery so I haven't had a problem since.

You have already told them so I am sure you will be fine. If you wake up and feel sick say something immediately and they will take care of it.

I find with surgery I tend to worry about little things that when I look back they don't seem that important. Your mind needs something to focus on.

Just try to think about the wonderful outcome of your surgery. It will all be worth it whether you get sick or not afterwards.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Janey

Steph!! new
      #212400 - 09/11/05 02:37 PM
Kimm

Thanks!! I'm hoping I'll be fine too....

I will be sure to post on here and let you know how the surgery goes and give you a play by play so that when you get yours done you'll know exactly what to expect.

Sorry so late new
      #212415 - 09/11/05 04:50 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Kimm,

Sorry this is so late but I wanted to respond anyways. I was terrified of post-operative nauseau/vomiting when I had my first surgery and I was FINE I came out of the anesthetic really well...groggy but not nauseaus at all...I was in a bit of pain but the recovery room nurses took care of that right away and I was good. THe only nauseau I experienced was on the drive home, my surgery was a day procedure and they sent me home about 3 hours after I came out of anethestic, so I was still pretty groggy, and the driving didn't go over so well.

My advice would be to talk to the doctor about it, if you're really concerned they might be able to give you something in recovery to make sure that you don't vomit. Also, if you're not staying overnight you may want to ask for something for the transportation home (even if it's just Gravol)

Good luck!
Kelly

Re: Sorry so late new
      #212462 - 09/11/05 07:40 PM
Kimm

Thanks alot!! I feel better hearing other people's experiences with being put out. I spoke to my mom today and she said that she's never felt sick after being put out and I read something somewhere that said you usually take after your mother with things like that....so it's kind of eased my mind a little.

I'll definitely ask about taking something for the car ride home. Luckily the hospital is only about a 5 minute care ride from my house so I won't be in the car for very long.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the response!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3639 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review