All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
The kids went back to school today...
      #205510 - 08/15/05 06:29 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

and I dare say my house is dreadfully quiet! Both are very excited about their new school and my daughter still gave me a kiss before we turned onto the street her school is on! My son was beyond kisses a couple of years ago!

I will miss them so...I enjoy the holidays and summers when they are home.

With the move, being sick and all that has been going on since July not to mention my having a brain fart and ordering a creamy pasta dish last week my stomach has been in knots so I know that quiet will do me good.

I am so blessed to work from home where I can see my kids off to school and be here when they get home not to mention make breakfast and such. It is sooooooooo quiet this morning...I think I will let the dogs in!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The kids went back to school today... new
      #205513 - 08/15/05 06:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Enjoy the quiet! I'm sure the house seems empty but they will be home soon enough! Use the time to feel better and get some work done!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#205520 - 08/15/05 07:04 AM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

I too can't wait to start back. I don't go back until the 5th of Sept. I look forward to seeing all those cute little faces every Sept! Since I don't have kids of my own (yet) I treat my 25 little Grade 3s as mine!!
Enjoy your first day "off"! Christmas holidays are just around the corner...he he he

Rachel new
      #205532 - 08/15/05 07:27 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I bet your house IS quiet this morning! It's always such an adjustment to get back into the school routine. I always had mixed feelings when mine went back---I was sad not to have them home to eat lunch with me and go to the pool with, but I was excited to have the free time on my own to go places like the mall.

Enjoy those hours while they're at school! Fix you a cup of hot tea, read a good book, or call a friend and go shopping! You deserve it after being home with them all summer!

You gotta get ready for that school supply shopping (the thing I always dreaded)!!! Now that mine are both going to be in college, I get this thick feeling in my stomach when I'm in Wal-Mart and see the Moms and kids picking out school supplies. I wonder where all the years went.....It's kind of sad.

What grades are your kids in this year?

BL new
      #205576 - 08/15/05 10:07 AM
poochibelly

I have school supplies in bulk...I usually buy them the first week of August. I could run a small Wal-Mart with the stuff I have right now.

My son is in the 6th grade and my daughter is in the 7th. I drove them to school this morning though they want to ride their bikes, I haven't bought them a lock etc.

I acutally work from home so I am able to get more work done now without distraction which is nice. I miss them already...but the relaxation is blissful!

--------------------

I am...the quiet is so deafening! I will be used to it soon I am sure! ~nt~ new
      #205577 - 08/15/05 10:08 AM
poochibelly

--------------------

#205598 - 08/15/05 11:28 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I'm not looking forward to my kids starting school most days. Today is one of those days since they have been angels. It will be nice to put Zoe down for a nap and not have to keep them quiet. My girls start back on Sept. 7th I think.

Getting organized for school new
      #205641 - 08/15/05 02:41 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

So you are already organized for back-to-school. Good for you! There are hardly any school supplies left in the stores here, and school doesn't start for several more weeks.

I'm curious. What kind of work do you do from home?

Your kids are starting a new school, right? I hope the adjustment will be an easy one for them.

#205720 - 08/15/05 06:42 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Oh, how nice to hear a mom say they love having their kids at home with them! It seems like more are saying they can't wait until they go back to school!

I'm sure you'll start to enjoy the quiet again!

What grade are the kids in? And what do you do for your job, Rachel? If you don't mind me asking!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth new
      #205746 - 08/15/05 08:09 PM
poochibelly

I have one in 7th grade and one in 6th.

I work for an entrepreneur so we are starting up a new business, maintaining a non-profit and have a small family foundation. I do the PR for all three, development for the new business and community relations for the non-profit.

It's a crazy job that makes no sense but I love it. Not to mention I can work from home and I essentially schedule all of my appts around my kids. I am so blessed....

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review