Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
questions about meds???
      #204362 - 08/10/05 05:35 PM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

HI everyone
I am hoping you can fill me in on the proper usage of meds for IBS. I was on buscopan and modulan 4 times a day. I am also on amitriptaline at night. I am starting to feel better. However, at my last docs app't, he was vague about when and how I should continue using the two anti-spasmodics. I know I have to stay on the amitriptaline (for migraine reasons) but what do I do about the others. Do I take them if I feel a tummy ache coming on?? Please help clarify.
Thanks!
8-)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: questions about meds??? new
      #204373 - 08/10/05 06:16 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello,

You would probably want to ask your doc again, but I'm on Modulon as well and I'm suppossed to take it 3 times a day, about a half hour before each meal. I don't think it does much if you take it "as needed" As for the Buscapan, when I was on that I was told to take it as needed...so only when I felt a tummy ache coming on.

Hope that helps!
Kelly

#204491 - 08/11/05 07:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I've never taken either of those two medications. If they are just antispamotics than you should be able to take them "just as needed." I have taken Bently, levsin and donnatol. I liked the donnatol the best although I can't say it was a miracle drug or anything but sometimes it helped. When I took them all the time, even if my tummy didn't hurt, the side effects were really bad. I would get an awful dry mouth and blurry vision. You could probably call your pharmacist if you don't want to call the dr for clarification!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#204494 - 08/11/05 07:35 AM
MichelleB

thanks for the reply Kelly!
I will ask my doc about the modulan.
How long have you been on it?
8-)

Thanks Michele! -nt- new
      #204495 - 08/11/05 07:36 AM
MichelleB

#204571 - 08/11/05 10:49 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Um...that's a good question I started on Dicetol first (which did nothing for me) and I think I was switched to Modulon about a year and a half ago now. Since then the doctors have said they are not really sure I have IBS, it may be more of an emotional issue combined with severe endometriosis so I've been tempted to try going off it, but I don't want to stop taking it and have things get worse!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1737 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review