Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advice about bugs??
      #201952 - 08/02/05 10:41 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

So as some of you already know, I live in the basement suite of my parent's house. It's totally 'finished' and everything, it's really nice BUT we still get so many bugs!!
I hate, hate, hate spiders and totally freak out if I see them. Other bugs don't freak me out as much, but I'm not saying I am a fan!
We get lots of little beedle like things, and TONS of wood bugs (Adrian calls them wood lice, if that helps). I just hate finding bugs everywhere I go, floating in pools of water on the floor of the shower.. all over the rugs, the bathroom tiles.. everywhere!
I vaccuum a lot, we have screens on the windows.. I just am wondering if there is anything else I could do?
I don't want to walk around, stomping on bugs all day! I hate to kill them 'cause Adrian makes me feel like a big killer (except spiders, I cannot sleep if they aren't dead).

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks all!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advice about bugs?? new
      #201960 - 08/03/05 03:19 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Steph, there are usually traps you can buy at Home Depot or Wal-Mart. They have bait in them, the bugs go in and they don't come out. There are also an assortment of sprays and things of that nature. I tend to stay away from the sprays because I have asthma. I also am not sure I would recommend sprays for a basement apt unless you have a lot of ventilation. I am sure the others have some suggestions. Good luck!

--------------------

#201975 - 08/03/05 06:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

he he, my suggestion is to move!

#201993 - 08/03/05 07:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

When we moved into our house we had a spider epidemic, but we did a rigorous campaign and now we don't have much of an issue. I got a spray (but liquid not like air freshener) bug killer and sprayed it around all the places like the edge of the floor where they were coming in.

I have had success with traps, too. -nt- new
      #202033 - 08/03/05 08:29 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3971 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 684

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review