All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nervous!
      #201215 - 07/31/05 01:21 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

I made all sorts of plans for later this week. Im getting my drivers licence, I have plans with friends, family, everything! You know, things I wouldn't normally do because of IBS. Because, I thought to myself: Im starting Heather's IBS diet, and I'll feel fine. I can relax and move on with my life.
But now ..Im just freaked out. Like what if this doesn't work? Should I rely and trust a diet this much?
By making all these plans, I created all of this possible false hope and Im also creating some major depression once I get bloated again while still on the diet or just before some important event/plan.
I swear, if there was such a thing as a surgical operation to get rid of this, I wouldn't think twice about going under the knife.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nervous! new
      #201219 - 07/31/05 02:23 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

This diet will work. It may take a little time, though, until you feel (mostly) normal again. Take it one day at a time. I would say go ahead and make plans but if you are not feeling well, do not be afraid or guilty about breaking those plans. You need to take care of you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

#201220 - 07/31/05 02:26 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Try to chill out. Stress can be a big trigger. It's good that you feel that you can make plans. That shows a positive attitude and I'm sure that helps. Good luck.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#201294 - 08/01/05 01:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Chill out, remember that even if you have a bad day at least you now know alot of techniques for helping and get on with your life. Letting the IBS control you is not a good plan.

Good luck!

#201326 - 08/01/05 07:47 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Something that helped me a lot in dealing with the psychological fallout from IBS was to stop making definite plans whenever possible. I just started telling people that I would love to do whatever they were suggesting, but that with my health problems I couldn't commit to anything. If they wanted to make tentative plans, knowing I might bail out at the last minute, I'd love to do so. If they needed a firm commitment, I was very sorry but I couldn't do it. That gave me the breathing room I needed to take each day as it came and do what I felt well enough to do that day.

As I've gotten more sure my IBS is reasonably under control, I've begun to feel more comfortable making some commitments, but I'm still taking it very slowly.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Thanks new
      #201358 - 08/01/05 09:58 AM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

I just hope all of my 'positive attitude' won't enable me to fall within an unbearable depressive state. I just hope I can do this. And fast. IBS has been controlling me for too long..

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 624

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review