All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
I am back again!
      #199656 - 07/26/05 06:37 PM

Unregistered

I am about to run off to bed because I came down with a bad cold yesterday afternoon right at the end of the trip and I just back early this evening so I am exhausted. But just thought that I'd let you all know I was back.

The trip was fabulous. My friend Laura and I spent 4 days driving up to DC to meet my family, then we were there for 4 days, and then spent 4 days driving back. Along the way we went to Savannah, Charleston, Richmond, Raleigh, Williamsburg and a few other places. And we visited Mount Vernon (George Washington's home), Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home) and then BMW factory in SC.

AND I got to meet up with Nelly which was very cool. She is just as funny in person as she in online. And I am so short next to her!! I'll post a pic of us when I get the others uploaded too. My friend came along with me to meet up with her and she's so jealous of our good times on the boards from the stories Nelly and I were sharing that she wants to just join for fun . I'm bummed our other rendevous didn't work out, but I'm glad we at least got to meet up the one time!

I promise I'll try and get those pictures up tomorrow! Hope everyone is doing well since I have no clue what has been going on around here for nearly 2 weeks now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

And the photos... new
      #199672 - 07/26/05 07:44 PM

Unregistered

Picture of my friend and me in Charleston, SC (I'm on the right)

Us in Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia.

Me and my mom in front of her old house in Bethesda, MD

Us at Mount Vernon

The White House of course!

Me and Nelly!! She's the tall one...lol

I couldn't get the picture to rotate for whatever reason, but I had to include this because I love it. This is me and my friend in these little kid bomber jackets that they were selling at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum gift shop. I'm thinking I'm on to a new trend here, what do you think?

So that's it for now. I don't want to bore you all with the album..lol. The pictures from Boston and such are still on the way.

Brittany!!!!!!! new
      #199679 - 07/26/05 08:00 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

You are such a cutie! And is that our Nelly of the Living Room board? If so, I am in shock! I always visualized Nelly as very short with short hair. I don't know why, but I had that picture of her in my mind. So imagine my shock when I see this picture!

Re: I am back again! new
      #199695 - 07/26/05 09:42 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

cute cute cute pics britt!! I want to see the ones from boston.. I'm sure those are exciting as well.. and I'll recognize everything.

Although to be honest.. being from reston va and traveling most of the eastern seaboard I recognize most of your other pics too.

you guys look like you had so much fun!!

and as for nelly.. every pic i've ever seen of her, she looks different in every one!! haha what do you really look like nelly?!?!

--------------------

TOTALLY agree! new
      #199727 - 07/27/05 04:41 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Brit, you are so hot and cute and sweet looking!

Nel...did NOT picture you having long blond hair! Love it. Doesn't brushing that kill your arms tho? I've just had half my hair cut off. And yep, people, I'm gonna try and post some piccies next week.

Re: Brittany!!!!!!! new
      #199752 - 07/27/05 06:13 AM

Unregistered

Haha thanks!! That is indeed Nelly. It's funny since she is one of the few people on here that we never see a picture of, so you kind of make up a picture in your mind - though I did know she was tall from other posts she's made.

And if I'd had more time I would have loved to see you but I didn't know where in North Carolina you lived. I could have met my online mom

Re: TOTALLY agree! new
      #199754 - 07/27/05 06:18 AM

Unregistered

Thanks Linz! You are too nice.

I can't wait to see a picture of you and your new hairdo! I'm thinking of parting with my beloved long hair again soon to donate it to the Locks for Love program we have here in the states. You have to have at least 10 inches of hair and they cut it off in a ponytail and make a wig for kids with cancer that lose their hair. I did it like a year and half ago and decided I'd do it again after my friend got leukemia a year ago and lost all her hair. Haha...long story, but essentially I think I'm going to cut my hair again soon too.

Re: And the photos... new
      #199755 - 07/27/05 06:18 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Aww...glad you're back! Beautiful pics too. I LOVE SC, want to move there someday....

--------------------
~Cara~

#199760 - 07/27/05 06:29 AM

Unregistered

Thanks Cara! I really liked South Carolina too. Charleston was such a beautiful city. If I had a ton of money I would totally live in one of those awesome houses on the water. Maybe some day...

Hey Brittany!! new
      #199802 - 07/27/05 08:01 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You're home safe! Yeaa!

I'm so glad I got a chance to meet you! Thanks for braving my lame tour of Georgetown ("Um, there's where an FBI agent was found floating in the canal!" ), and the wicked heat!! Come up and visit anytime, and hopefully we can get the whole IBS gang out next time!

Oh no, what a terrible shot of me!!!! Brit's lucky because she looks perfect in every shot!! I'm going to have to post my pic of us, cos I look way better on my shot than on yours!

~nelly~

Re: Brittany!!!!!!! new
      #199815 - 07/27/05 08:20 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know its funny.. I have a pic of BL in my head and I'm sure its not even remotely what she looks like haha.

--------------------

Alright, what do you think I look like? new
      #199825 - 07/27/05 08:28 AM
BL

So you have a picture in your head of what I look like? I can only imagine what that is!

Ok, fess up....what do you ladies think I look like? Maybe if you're even remotely close, I'll post a picture.

Re: Alright, what do you think I look like? new
      #199830 - 07/27/05 08:31 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha well I picture you average to skinny build, average height, with long straight light brown hair, brown eyes and glasses.. brown tortoise (sp?) shell glasses.

so lets see you!!!

--------------------

Haha I was thinking the same... new
      #199840 - 07/27/05 08:41 AM

Unregistered

...though I think I imagined you to have more medium length brown hair - like around your shoulders. And DEFINITELY with the tortoise shell glasses!!

Alright post that pic now!

thats the length I was thinking too actually!! -nt- new
      #199942 - 07/27/05 10:31 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

#199947 - 07/27/05 10:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, great pictures!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!!

Thanks for sharing!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Nope, I have short hair! --nt-- new
      #199966 - 07/27/05 10:53 AM
BL

I hate to disappoint you new
      #199985 - 07/27/05 11:10 AM
BL

but I'm not as glamorous as you imagine me to be! I'm an overweight middle-aged woman who, in her younger days, was thin.

Since I haven't been able to exercise this past year because of my back/foot problems, I now wear a plus size!!! (just barely, but I'm there).

The rest of my features? Well, you ladies guessed right on some---and wrong on others.

I am 5' 6", with short brown hair that's highlighted. Yes, it's very straight!

But I have BLUE eyes, not brown.

And yes, I have dark glasses. How in the heck did you know that????(But only until my contact lens come in!)

Your perception of me is interesting! What else do you ladies think about me?

Re: I hate to disappoint you new
      #199988 - 07/27/05 11:17 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

You can still be glamorous even if you're larger than you'd like to be. There are lots of plus sized models who are absolutely beautiful- and a good personality goes much further!

What I've noticed about you BL is that you're kinda a traditionalist. I think it's the age gap and the fact that you had all boys.

And... from your description, I sound like a young version of you! Blue eyes, 5'6", dark glasses... brown hair that's highlighted...

Ahhh,,,,,,,,,, new
      #199999 - 07/27/05 11:29 AM
BL

now you're making me sound old-fashioned. I'm not such a stick in the mud!

Do I sound that conservative to you?

Just wait until you have children. You'll be the same way!

You're very sweet new
      #200003 - 07/27/05 11:34 AM
BL

but lately it's been so hard to be glamorous when I have to wear sneakers everywhere because of my foot problem. All of my friends have on the cutest sandals, and I have to wear ugly tennis shoes!

Try being sexy in the summertime with those on!

Re: Ahhh,,,,,,,,,, new
      #200033 - 07/27/05 12:12 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, I don't think you're a stick in the mud!! Remember that thread where we were talking about spoiled kids? I just thought it was different how people were talking about young girls and marriage- most of the girls I know (even the spoiled ones) think more about their own careers and then marriage these days. I just haven't run across many girls (and I taught 800 college aged ones last year) that want to be trophy wives.

Oh, and making the bed. I don't make the bed, so I honestly won't care if my kids or their friends do it.

But you're right! I can't talk until I'm a parent. We'll have to check back in in 20 years.

Edited by chinagrl (07/27/05 12:14 PM)

Re: You're very sweet new
      #200091 - 07/27/05 01:50 PM
michele

I want to see a pciture of you bl!!! I had in my mind for some reason that you were short, I don't think 5'6 in short! I did think you had short hair but for some reason I thought it was curly!! And, don't you HATE how all the stores consider a 14 a PLUS size!!!!

Oh, and for the shoes, have you ever checked out http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?productId=1054&srccode=WD892749&cm_ven=PR&cm_cat=050726&cm_pla=best_1choices&cm_ite=p08? I order lots of shoes and slippers from them! I have to wear orthodics in ALL my shoes and it sucks not being able to wear cute sandals like everyone else. I actually own two pairs of ortho sandals you see in that link! Not exactly overly cute but do-able! They have a really good return program also, if you don't like them or they don't fit, just send them back!

--------------------

Michele new
      #200123 - 07/27/05 03:58 PM
BL

Thanks for the info on the shoes. How do you order them without trying them on? I don't think I could do that, because I have such weird feet.

I have 2 problems with my feet, and what alleviates the symptoms of one problem, makes the other problem worse. So all shoes hurt my feet!!!

Do you wear the hard custom orthodics or the soft ones? I've tried both and have had to discontinue them. (This last doctor I saw told me to.)

He's supposed to be the best orthodist in town (that specializes in foot problems). I waited 3 months to get in to see him, and he didn't do a thing for me. Now the pain is in a different location.

He said I have plantar fasciatis. The podiatrist thought it was a heel fracture. I wore a removeable cast for 2 months. Now my right foot is even worse. (I have extremely flat feet, and I turn my right foot when I walk.)

My husband says I need to go back to see the ortho doc, but the guy basically told me there was nothing that could be done. I'd let him do surgery if I thought it would help, but he says they don't do surgery for this kind of thing. (They used to. My dad had it years ago, and it worked for him.)

I am so sick of being in pain. I feel like a cripple! Sometimes I can hardly walk!

Any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end with this. I'm only 46, but I feel like I'm 90 years old!

By the way, this has been going on for YEARS....and is getting worse every day. It's depressing.

Re: And the photos... *DELETED* new
      #200130 - 07/27/05 04:14 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

#200180 - 07/27/05 06:38 PM

Unregistered

Aww thanks Shelby! And I agree, I love to see pictures of everyone-it makes our bonds that much stronger.

#200182 - 07/27/05 06:39 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for sharing the photos! They're beautiful Looks like you had a really great time. And how neat to finally see a picture of Nelly...(if you're reading this Nelly it's great to finally "see" you!)

Glad you had a fun time,
Kelly

for some reason I pictured Nelly as a brunette....~nt~ new
      #200268 - 07/28/05 05:49 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: for some reason I pictured Nelly as a brunette....~nt~ new
      #200337 - 07/28/05 08:53 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Yeah, I don't know if I pictured Nelly as tall, but the long hair and the cute, funky hat definitely jive with my mental image.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re:BL new
      #200344 - 07/28/05 09:13 AM
michele

I typically take an 8.5 which is a little bigger than I need to accomodate my orthodics. I've been wearing orthodics since I was about 10. I've had both the hard and soft ones. I like the hard ones better because they last SO much longer! The current ones I have were $350.00 but they have lasted me years! I think the key is to make sure they cast your foot while you are sitting down!! I've had them do it before where you step into the mold thing and they are never as supportive or comfortable!!

I don't even get up in the middle of the night and pee without them! I wear slippers or shoes constantly. It Is hard to find shoes to accomodate the orthodics that don't look like grandma shoes! I was SO excited when I found those sandals!!

I think the planter fasciatis thing is different from my problems and I've heard that it can be very painful and there isn't toomuch treatment available. Did you used to wear a lot of high heels?

I pretty much find a pair of shoes I like and order it in a couple of colors! I have a pair on tenny shoes, two pair of those sandals, a pair of lace up brown shoes and a pair of little ankle black booties.

Maybe call around to some of the area foot drs and ask if anyone specializes in the planter fasciats? I wonder if some of your feet problems aren't making your back hurt worse?

--------------------

Nelly.... new
      #200399 - 07/28/05 10:20 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

....there youa re....gotcha!

You will make me look like a real ankle biter when we meet. he he

#200400 - 07/28/05 10:21 AM
Sara-Sage

What a fun time Brit. Way to go!

Re: for some reason I pictured Nelly as a brunette....~nt~ new
      #200405 - 07/28/05 10:28 AM
Sara-Sage

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones and have seen a couple photos of her before.

Thanks, Michele for the info new
      #200534 - 07/28/05 01:10 PM
BL

Which shoes did you order from this company? (I'm just curious.)

I can't wear lace up shoes (except tennis shoes) or slip on ones. That pretty much takes care of all shoes!

This doctor I went to is THE LEADING authority on foot problems. He's supposedly the best in the region, and he said this just takes time to heal. Well, it's been years and I'm sick of it!

There is a new treatment they're doing for it, but insurance doesn't pay for it. It's $700 a week, and you are required to do it once a week for 8 weeks. Don't think I can handle that!

And no, I never wore high heels. I just have bad foot structure. (very flat feet and the doctor says the mechanics of my foot is just not right.)

Dang it! Why can't they just correct it? I feel like I got every bad GENE in my family!!!!!!!!!!

Gene pool new
      #200570 - 07/28/05 01:40 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Me too. I think they got me out of the shallow end of the gene pool. I look like my father, am built like my mother. My feet are flat and my a$$ is wide. My brother has perfect teeth, mine are crooked and damaged. IBS and now Celiac. Not to mention all the emotional stuff I've had. Good grief!

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Thanks, Michele for the info new
      #200583 - 07/28/05 02:31 PM
michele

I ordered two pairs of the ortho sandals that come up right away on the link I gave you above and two pairs of propet shoes a couple of years ago. They are not real cute but fine with slacks for work. The ortho sandals are VERY comfy and you don't nned an orthodic to wear them, they have a nice soft footbed in them. I like the fact that they are velcro and easily adjustable! I've also ordered several pair of slippers from them!

I actually have very high arches but they go flat when I stand up. I don't have the proper connective tissue between the bones on the tops of my feet. My ankles buckle very easy and my knees knock together when I walk without my orthodics! Like I said, I don't even go pee in the middle of the night without them! I even sit most of the time in the shower!

--------------------

Thanks Tina! -nt- new
      #200656 - 07/28/05 06:20 PM

Unregistered

Aiiigh! my cover is BLOWN! new
      #200878 - 07/29/05 12:32 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I am the big, blonde goofball. Yes! There are pics of me available!! But you have to look for them!!

I'm still trying to get the pic of me with Brit off of my camera! Stay tuned!!

~nelly~

Re: I am back again! new
      #200885 - 07/29/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh goodness... I THOUGHT I replied to this one already.... brain fart day #2 I guess!! LOL Great pics... nice to finally see Nelly too!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9025

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review