All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
You're very sweet new
      #200003 - 07/27/05 11:34 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

but lately it's been so hard to be glamorous when I have to wear sneakers everywhere because of my foot problem. All of my friends have on the cutest sandals, and I have to wear ugly tennis shoes!

Try being sexy in the summertime with those on!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ahhh,,,,,,,,,, new
      #200033 - 07/27/05 12:12 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, I don't think you're a stick in the mud!! Remember that thread where we were talking about spoiled kids? I just thought it was different how people were talking about young girls and marriage- most of the girls I know (even the spoiled ones) think more about their own careers and then marriage these days. I just haven't run across many girls (and I taught 800 college aged ones last year) that want to be trophy wives.

Oh, and making the bed. I don't make the bed, so I honestly won't care if my kids or their friends do it.

But you're right! I can't talk until I'm a parent. We'll have to check back in in 20 years.

Edited by chinagrl (07/27/05 12:14 PM)

Re: You're very sweet new
      #200091 - 07/27/05 01:50 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I want to see a pciture of you bl!!! I had in my mind for some reason that you were short, I don't think 5'6 in short! I did think you had short hair but for some reason I thought it was curly!! And, don't you HATE how all the stores consider a 14 a PLUS size!!!!

Oh, and for the shoes, have you ever checked out http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?productId=1054&srccode=WD892749&cm_ven=PR&cm_cat=050726&cm_pla=best_1choices&cm_ite=p08? I order lots of shoes and slippers from them! I have to wear orthodics in ALL my shoes and it sucks not being able to wear cute sandals like everyone else. I actually own two pairs of ortho sandals you see in that link! Not exactly overly cute but do-able! They have a really good return program also, if you don't like them or they don't fit, just send them back!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele new
      #200123 - 07/27/05 03:58 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Thanks for the info on the shoes. How do you order them without trying them on? I don't think I could do that, because I have such weird feet.

I have 2 problems with my feet, and what alleviates the symptoms of one problem, makes the other problem worse. So all shoes hurt my feet!!!

Do you wear the hard custom orthodics or the soft ones? I've tried both and have had to discontinue them. (This last doctor I saw told me to.)

He's supposed to be the best orthodist in town (that specializes in foot problems). I waited 3 months to get in to see him, and he didn't do a thing for me. Now the pain is in a different location.

He said I have plantar fasciatis. The podiatrist thought it was a heel fracture. I wore a removeable cast for 2 months. Now my right foot is even worse. (I have extremely flat feet, and I turn my right foot when I walk.)

My husband says I need to go back to see the ortho doc, but the guy basically told me there was nothing that could be done. I'd let him do surgery if I thought it would help, but he says they don't do surgery for this kind of thing. (They used to. My dad had it years ago, and it worked for him.)

I am so sick of being in pain. I feel like a cripple! Sometimes I can hardly walk!

Any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end with this. I'm only 46, but I feel like I'm 90 years old!

By the way, this has been going on for YEARS....and is getting worse every day. It's depressing.

Re: And the photos... *DELETED* new
      #200130 - 07/27/05 04:14 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: And the photos... new
      #200180 - 07/27/05 06:38 PM

Unregistered

Aww thanks Shelby! And I agree, I love to see pictures of everyone-it makes our bonds that much stronger.

Re: And the photos... new
      #200182 - 07/27/05 06:39 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for sharing the photos! They're beautiful Looks like you had a really great time. And how neat to finally see a picture of Nelly...(if you're reading this Nelly it's great to finally "see" you!)

Glad you had a fun time,
Kelly

for some reason I pictured Nelly as a brunette....~nt~ new
      #200268 - 07/28/05 05:49 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: for some reason I pictured Nelly as a brunette....~nt~ new
      #200337 - 07/28/05 08:53 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Yeah, I don't know if I pictured Nelly as tall, but the long hair and the cute, funky hat definitely jive with my mental image.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re:BL new
      #200344 - 07/28/05 09:13 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I typically take an 8.5 which is a little bigger than I need to accomodate my orthodics. I've been wearing orthodics since I was about 10. I've had both the hard and soft ones. I like the hard ones better because they last SO much longer! The current ones I have were $350.00 but they have lasted me years! I think the key is to make sure they cast your foot while you are sitting down!! I've had them do it before where you step into the mold thing and they are never as supportive or comfortable!!

I don't even get up in the middle of the night and pee without them! I wear slippers or shoes constantly. It Is hard to find shoes to accomodate the orthodics that don't look like grandma shoes! I was SO excited when I found those sandals!!

I think the planter fasciatis thing is different from my problems and I've heard that it can be very painful and there isn't toomuch treatment available. Did you used to wear a lot of high heels?

I pretty much find a pair of shoes I like and order it in a couple of colors! I have a pair on tenny shoes, two pair of those sandals, a pair of lace up brown shoes and a pair of little ankle black booties.

Maybe call around to some of the area foot drs and ask if anyone specializes in the planter fasciats? I wonder if some of your feet problems aren't making your back hurt worse?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2400 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9025

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review