All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
A full plate
      #199485 - 07/26/05 12:16 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I am feeling totally overwhelmed. I was up until 1 a.m. crying. This is what I have on my plate right now:

1. Back pain (day and night)--can't get comfortable sleeping
2. pain in my right foot --it hurts like heck to walk!
3. IBS ---alternating between C and D
4. a toothache (I'll be getting a crown on Thursday!)
5. one son who needs $1,000 worth of security deposits on the house he's renting
6. another son getting ready to go off to college
7. 2 college tuition bills and books to buy (and a computer required for one)
8. We have decided to sell the house (and downsize because of my back problems) so I have to get the house ready to put on the market
9. We are looking with a realtor for a smaller place
10. My hair is still falling out at an alarming rate and I am bruising easily which is frightening me.

On top of all of this, my husband and I are having problems. I think the stress of all of this is affecting our relationship. All we do is argue!

Not to mention my problems with bipolar disorder.

I would like to ask you to pray that I make it through this difficult time. I was thinking yesterday how it would be easier for me if I just weren't here. I feel better today, but that thought scares me. I do not deal well with a lot of stress, and I feel like I'm barely hanging on.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A full plate new
      #199487 - 07/26/05 12:21 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

A wise lady (YOU) said something similar to me just a few weeks ago - and I bought the book you recommended about helping your spouse who has bipolar. You recognize the triggers. It sounds like you're heading into a depression. If you have any more suicidal thoughts, GO TO THE HOSPITAL. Things with hubby will get better - as you said, you're under a lot of stress.
Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#199512 - 07/26/05 01:17 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry you have so many stressful things going on right now. Stress is very hard on a marriage but I'm sure when things settle down, it will get better. I find that communication is key. When I get down like this, I find it really helps to tell Will whats going on and let him now I'm down so he doesn't think I'm mad at him and he is more patient with me.

I think the smaller house is a good idea. Now that the boys are off to college, it will be easier to upkeep. I've only ever bought one house and have never sold any, so I"ve got no advice, other than find a relator you like!

Hang in there, things will calm down and you will feel better. Its hard when you are in constant pain, I understand. Big hugs.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#199524 - 07/26/05 01:52 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Aww...BL, I'm sorry you have so much to deal with!
I wish I had a way to help, or some good advice for you!

Marriage always gets rough when there is stress involved...it'll work itself out, you know that...

Take care of yourself. <<Hugs>> You're such a great person!!

--------------------
~Cara~

#199535 - 07/26/05 02:10 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

BL,

I'm pulling for you! Just be patient and be proactive about the things you can control. Feel better soon!

Hugs,

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#199571 - 07/26/05 03:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

When it rains, it pours, huh?

I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. You CAN and WILL get through this. Deep breath, take life one day at a time - it's all you can do, really - and vent to us when you need to!

Sending prayers your way -nt- new
      #199578 - 07/26/05 03:39 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Sending prayers as well--nt new
      #199605 - 07/26/05 04:33 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Thanks, ladies new
      #199613 - 07/26/05 04:57 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I feel much better. I'm having one of my bursts of energy. I've been going through family photos and trying to get them organized.

One day at a time. At least my husband and I did talk (ok, yell!!!) at each other last night. That's an improvement over the silence I usually get from him.

#199620 - 07/26/05 05:09 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh BL! You do have a lot on your plate right now. Must be very stressfull dealing with college fees and all. My Aunt just put three girls through college and she will have three weddings now after it so it could be worse (good thing you have boys!)

This will all eventually go away and you and your hubby will have all the tuitions paid and you will be able to live your lives for you two(money wise that is). Money matters always put stress on a marriage. We haven't had that yet cause our boys are young but I'm sure it will happen to us too.

Downsizing should help. I worry though about you having to pack all your stuff. That's gonna be hard on your back. Moving is such a stressful adventure. Downsizing though will probably make your mortgage less and you might not worry so much about bills and stuff.

Don't ever think you'd be better off not here young lady! WE don't want to hear that. You are a wonderful person and everyone needs you. Hope your day got better and vent to us anytime ya hear!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1710 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review