All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A tea question
      #197878 - 07/20/05 04:19 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Is there anything in this tea that would make me feel very sleepy and even sort of "blue" or anxious like? I'm trying to pin down what's going on with me past several days, I'm VERY sensitive to medicines and herbs causing weird side effects so just thought I'd ask. I've been taking this Ginger Aid several times a day since Sunday for the nausea from my gastritis/ulcer/whatever this is:

manganese (6%DV), essentil oil from ginger, gingerols, ginger rhizome, blackberry leaf, stevia leaf, lemon myrtle leaf.

Maybe this is a dumb question but I figured it was worth a shot. There's nothing else I'm taking right now, quit all meds...

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A tea question new
      #197956 - 07/20/05 06:33 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Not sure about the anxiety, but do you know that ginger triggers GERDs? Not sure if that will effect you, but be careful!

Hang on tho...wholehealthmd says that myrtle can lower your blood sugar! Low blood sugar makes you feel tired and anxious in my experience!

Here's a link if you want to check that out.

You are SOOOO helpful!!! new
      #198043 - 07/21/05 03:48 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Seriously, thanks. I did NOT know that about ginger - geez, trying to treat the nausea, which is does help that. Mercy! But the blood sugar thing is a real factor here, I am borderline hypo or hyper glaucemic (can't remember which it is) and diabetes is a family issue, SOO, better lay off this stuff and see if that helps me.... and just live with nausuea for a little while.

THANK YOU LINZ - you are always so helpful with your knowledge and what you don't know you go find out, I appreciate it so much.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4814 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 388

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review