All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: So sorry! new
      #196000 - 07/15/05 09:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Switching dr's does suck but maybe this new dr will be the one to get it straightened out! I wouldn't wait for weeks either, your just going to stew about it the whole time! Call him up and get the refferal, no sense in waiting!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A not so good day yesterday new
      #196020 - 07/15/05 10:43 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I know it can be scarry... but at least he is honest and telling you HE needs help treating you...I admire that. Plus, as a referal... I think he will still get reports on your progress...I think. And you will still see him for everything else right?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: A not so good day yesterday new
      #196039 - 07/15/05 11:10 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sorry BL. I've been given the same speech by a former GI doc. Told me to go to Mayo in Minnesota. Well, who can afford to go out of insurance coverage let alone travel and hotels.

I felt like a total lost cause.

I don't know what advice to give you...maybe look up some experts in your area, other than this long distance doctor. I got a book out of the library on the best doctors in the Chicagoland area...and you could look up psychiatrist and then see who list Bipolar as their interest. They might have a book like that for your City.

Also, tell him your concerns. Maybe he could consult with some other doctors and still treat you himself, but with some help.

Finally, it seems like there are a lot of us who get every side effect listed, and not listed, from any drug. I know I have been on about 8 different ADs because I couldn't tolerate any of them. I wonder if this is common with IBS folks in general. Maybe we have super hypersensitivity to food, pain, drugs, and emotional battles?

Lot of love, sweetie.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Part of me..... new
      #196067 - 07/15/05 11:35 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

just wants to know just how bad it would be if I took nothing.

I'm terrified of taking anything new since this last new med I tried really screwed me up! (While on it, I felt like I was going to pass out several times, my hair started falling out, and it prolonged my period. I had menstrual cramps for weeks and had to take progestrone to restart it.)

Last night I reduced my usual med a little---and this morning I did the same. Probably not a good thing to do since we are leaving in the morning to go to the mountain inn.

I guess before I subject myself to more side effects, I want to convince myself that any med is necessary.

I know I'm probably not making any sense. Does anyone understand?

I'll probably make it 24-48 hours and then I'll get scared and up the dose again. I really would like to have a good cry, and I can't while on this med. I feel so sad, but I just can't cry!!!

BL...remember what you've told me! new
      #196082 - 07/15/05 11:53 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I was on Sarafem, low does prozac for YEARS! I went off everything this March which means it was still in my bod through April. NOW I am a MESS. If only we'd known something chemical was wrong...no doc would have let me off those meds.

I BEG you DO NOT GO OFF YOUR MEDS! PLEASE! I will call you on the phone and share with you how AWFUL I feel right now if that is what it takes!

Part of the illness is to go off the meds cause we think we can make it without em'. You DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS TO YOURSELF!

Seriously...I will e-mail you my # if you want to hear from me and I can tell you all about it. I'm not joking. I do NOT want you to be where I am right now. I almost checked myself into a hospital last night cause I can't do this without HELP!

I love you...

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I have to agree with Shell on this one new
      #196087 - 07/15/05 12:04 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

It will be ok - It can be scary or disappointed that there still hasn't be a conclusion to the cure but it's much better that he is getting help instead of stringing you along for the next year not giving you straight answers.

And he never said he didn't want to see you anymore - he just said he needs someone else to help him. Sounds like you have a great doctor who isn't afraid to get your the proper help you need without dragging it out!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Part of me..... new
      #196089 - 07/15/05 12:06 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey BL,

So sorry to hear you're going through this. I totally hear where you're coming from with medications, I'm super-sensitive to psychiatric medications and have had a heck of a time find something that works for me...I also seem to get the rare side effects and/or every possible side effect! It's really frustrating

Try and hang in there, maybe this new doc will really help. You have bi-polar right? So it would probably be bad to go off your meds altogether alothough I certainly understand the desire to. I'm currently being evaluated by a psychiatrist for the first time for what my GP thought was just generalized anxiety disorder, but now it looks like it could potentially be borderline personality disorder and/or somatization disorder and I'm worried about having to go on meds again.

Just a suggestion, I found a really good site for psychiatric medication info and support. I really like it, it's frank and the people really seem to know what they're talking about it. If you want to check it out it's www.crazymeds.org I remember reading a post where you said you didn't like people to refer to BP as "crazy" and I totally understand that...I think the title of the website is entirely in jest...I think it's actually run by someone with BP. Anyways, you may want to check it out...they also have a message board which is www.crazyboards.org with a specific forum for BP.

Feel better soon,
Kelly

You're not alone... new
      #196092 - 07/15/05 12:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

I too am sensative to every med out there!!! Part of why I'm so scared of meds *hugs*

I'm glad your doc was so honest...but I'm sorry that he isn't the one who will be helping you witht his particular aspect of your well being from now on. It is SO HARD to find a good doc. BUT if he is giving you a referal...hopefully it will be for ANOTHER good doc and then you'll have TWO trustworthy docs on your side!

Please take care of my friend BL for me?

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Michele...what a great idea! n-t new
      #196101 - 07/15/05 12:26 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: BL...remember what you've told me! new
      #196107 - 07/15/05 12:32 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, I have to agree BL, don't stop the meds. You know I consider you a friend and we have "talked" via email many times over the last year or so and if you remember, you have stopped or decreased your meds a couple of times since I've "known" you and each time, it isn't good.

Please, especially with a FUN weekend planned, stay on your meds. Don't change anything until you meet this new doctor! Hugs and have fun this weekend!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4871

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review