All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Ugh
      #190139 - 06/29/05 09:17 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

The past two mornings I've woken up feeling like I've been run over by a truck! Yesterday I had a migraine as well, and just felt icky, today I'm just sore, and I have no idea why. My back and shoulders are killing me, and the muscles in the fronts of my thighs hurt when I walk. IBS is ok, finally getting a bit better, which I hope/think is due to the Acacia I started taking last week, though I'm still on a low dose, and I'm drinking more water.

Just wanted to vent, because as my roommate said this morning, apparently I need truck repellant! Having classes all day isn't helping. Darn being a college student!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sorry you're feeling crummy new
      #190236 - 06/29/05 12:33 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Maybe if you don't start feeling better soon you should call a doctor. If you have no idea why you are so sore. I'm sure it's probably nothing...sometimes you just feel icky when you get over tired and stressed from school work. Maybe you are tensing up and not realizing it??? Maybe even in your sleep.

Anyhow, at least the IBS is behaving. Is this your first time on an SFS? Hope the acacia goes well.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

That stinks! new
      #190239 - 06/29/05 12:36 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just to commiserate slightly, for the past 3 or 4 days, I've had this horrible pain in the back of my neck - up onto the back of my head, down into my shoulder. The first day I thought I just slept funny or something, but I couldn't possibly have done that for THAT many days. And then yesterday, I had that same ache in my legs as you, but I didn't do anything to cause it, either. Being uncomfortable sure makes getting things done difficult, huh?

Hope you feel better soon!

Re: Sorry you're feeling crummy new
      #190341 - 06/29/05 05:55 PM
melitami

Part of the shoulders and back thing may be my backpack, so I may be getting a new one soon. This isn't the first time this pain's happened though, been off and on the past six months, so it's just frustrating.

The only other SFS I've tried is Equalactin, and it made me very C. So far so good with the Acacia, so my fingers are crossed. I hope you're feeling a bit better too, and aren't stressing too terribly much with the new car!

--------------------
Melissa

#190345 - 06/29/05 06:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Melissa,

Do you have other symptoms?

Maybe take sugar out (if you even eat any...I don't think you do?) I know I get a LOT of pain when I eat sugar.

Did this begin with the onset of stress?

Have you EVER had this before in a period of your life...that it has come and gone?

FEEL BETTER!!!!! Sending you love and GENTLE hugs

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#190348 - 06/29/05 06:09 PM
melitami

What other sort of symptoms do you mean? I'm exhausted, my shoulders and back are sore, as are the muscles in the front of my thighs, I've had a headache off/on all day though not as bad as yesterday, yesterday I had a bit of a runny nose for about 10 minutes which was weird but happens sometimes. Nothing else really out of the ordinary.

The pain in my shoulders and legs has happened off/on for about the past 6 months-year. I also had problem with my shoulders in high school, to the point my arm was in a sling for a week or so.

And yeah, classes are a bit more stressful this week, so it may just be that.

I do eat sugar, it's just usually baked into things, like muffins I eat. Unfortunately sugar is the only way I actually get enough calories most days. But it's definitely something to consider maybe cutting down on or cutting out.

gentle hugs back!

--------------------
Melissa

Melissa.. new
      #190349 - 06/29/05 06:10 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I am IBS-A, mostly D and pain too, and acacia has been a god send. If it starts making you C, you may need to increase it. I started out at 1 tsp 2 x day, now I am at 1 TB 2 x day, and I have been taking it for about a year.

It really helps! But, I also found having insolubles at Breakfast with my acacia AND soluble fiber food is necessary.

I hope you will have success, also!

--------------------
-Sheri

Fibro girls...what do you think? new
      #190350 - 06/29/05 06:12 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I may not be the one to say, but, could it be fibro? Am I just an alarmist? or does this sound like a possibility? If I'm an alarmist, please throw me to the water (but not with the frogs, ok?)

I hope you feel better soon sis and that it's nothing but some aches and pains!

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Fibro girls...what do you think? new
      #190354 - 06/29/05 06:30 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Could be fibromyalgia, but I get pains like this when I take fiber too. When I take citrucel (rarely!) I get sweats, leg and back pains and sleeplessness for 2 days until it's all out of me. Barring more information, I vote fiber's the culprit.

~nelly~

Re: Fibro girls...what do you think? new
      #190359 - 06/29/05 06:46 PM
melitami

Honestly, I've debated it, but I've had a huge problem with doctors insisting that I'm just stressed and there's nothing wrong with me since I'm a college student.

So even if there is something like fibro wrong with me, I'm not sure I'd even be able to get myself diagnosed.

--------------------
Melissa

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1230 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4124

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review