All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Talked to the doc this morning new
      #193276 - 07/08/05 12:05 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Thanks, Jen. It's just getting hard to deal with all this pain and school. Had another breakdown last night about being sick and tired of being sick and tired. I feel bad that Mac has to deal with being sick all the time, and me freaking out about being sick all the time. Forcing myself to get schoolwork done isn't helping either.

How are you feeling? Your IBS a little better?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#193332 - 07/08/05 01:30 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Thanks, Jen. It's just getting hard to deal with all this pain and school. Had another breakdown last night about being sick and tired of being sick and tired. I feel bad that Mac has to deal with being sick all the time, and me freaking out about being sick all the time. Forcing myself to get schoolwork done isn't helping either.

This sounds so familar - I went through this the last two weeks. Although I only have one summer school class, I was mostly cranky because I couldn't miss work to stay home sick (too much going on). And Mike had just told me when we were in Seattle that he was happy that I was feeling better! I personally think he jinxed it.

From what it sounds like, Mac is a pretty understanding guy and I'm sure he's just worried about you.

Quote:

How are you feeling? Your IBS a little better?

Well, I saw a doctor yesterday and demanded my regular prescriptions that I was getting at my last healthcare provider. To my relief, the instant I took my allergy medicine, I felt SO much better. It's a decongestant so it's doing double duty for my allergies and my cold. And I've been popping Beano like there's no tomorrow, which has helped tremendously. So hopefully if I can stay away from sugary substances, I can get back on track. Hopefully you can too once your doctor figures out whats going on.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#193485 - 07/08/05 07:45 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so lousy Glad that all your bloodwork and everything came back negative though, that's a good sign!

I think it's a really good idea to try and get in to see a rheumatologist, you don't want to be taking Advil all the time if you don't need to (or if there's a better treatment).

Good luck and feel better soon
Kelly

Update! new
      #194048 - 07/11/05 07:23 AM
melitami

I've got an appointment with a rheumatologist Friday at 3:30, I was surprised they got me in so soon being a new patient, but works for me! I've stopped taking the massive amounts of ibuprofen, since they weren't helping. Only thing that seems to help is a hot shower and occasionally my heating pad. This week is already getting busier and busier and it's only Monday!

--------------------
Melissa

Fibro? -nt- new
      #194049 - 07/11/05 07:25 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Re: Update! new
      #194068 - 07/11/05 08:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's so fast! Wow.

Try Tylenol Extra instead of the Ibuprofen. If it is something like Fibro, then the anit-inflammatory bit would've had nothing to work on, whereas Tylenol and codeine have a far better effect on my Fibro.

I have to say..this is sounding more and more like Fibro. Moist heat is the best remedy for Fibro aches I know.

Re: Update! new
      #194090 - 07/11/05 08:35 AM
melitami

I'm wondering if it is Fibro as well. I got a copy of my blood tests to take with me to the rheumy's on Friday, and finally got a look at exactly what he tested me for:

blood count stuff - normal
metabolic rate panel - normal (which means my dad can shut up about my diet and saying that I'm not getting enough nutrition!)
lyme disease - negative
rheumatoid arthritis factor - normal
red blood cell sedimentation (if too fast, indicates infection or inflammation) - normal
TSH (thyroid hormone) - smack in the middle of normal range
creatine kinase (indicates muscle damage if elevated) - normal

Just spent a bunch of time looking up those tests, and I'm happy that they all turned out normal, but it is making me think Ihave fibro more and more. Not to mention my not being able to concentrate on my work at all lately, but I was just blaming it on being in pain and fatigued

I'll keep y'all updated!

--------------------
Melissa

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4144

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review