All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
AHHH! STRESS!!!!
      #190000 - 06/28/05 08:58 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi guys! Okay, I'm having a panic attack (a REALLY long one!). I went to my GP on Friday (I posted this before but it disappeared for some reason ) and it turns out these lumps I keep feeling on each side are more than likely a hernia. I always thought it was my intestines swelling from being irritated. I have to go and have an ultrasound to confirm it. If I do have one it will only get worse not better and can have some pretty scary complications if it's not fixed. The only way to fix it is surgery (which scares the absolute life out of me, I'm a hospital phobe and have been my whole life. I left the hospital within 12 hours of giving birth in order not to stay there!). All this comes on top of finally starting to feel a bit more stable since going GF (which I kinda hoped wasn't my problem but it would seem it contributes to it in a big way). AHHHH! I'm stressing. Thanks for letting me vent guys

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: AHHH! STRESS!!!! new
      #190010 - 06/28/05 11:16 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Amy, I don't blame you for wanting to be as far away from a hospital as possible. The smell alone somedays is enough to bug me even when I visit someone, let alone having to go in for a procedure. I hope things go well and they are able to figure out what is going on from the ultrasound. *hugs*

-Michelle

I'm so sorry... new
      #190038 - 06/29/05 05:06 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Every time something comes up wrong with me (like I'm still waiting to get surgery to fix my fallen bladder/rectocele) and I get VERY frustrated and stressed at the idea of having to go through all that and wonder, good night, why one more thing??? My Mom always reminds me (though I hate it at first) "Just thank God it is something that can be FIXED. Some people get diagnoses back that cannot be fixed... " So, as tough as it is, keep that in mind okay? Hang in there!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#190054 - 06/29/05 05:45 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Aww. I'm so sorry. I know this doesn't help much, but surgery is so much easier these days. And they can give you meds right away if you are really nervous or anything...it goes by so fast and you can't believe it's over with.

I know it's still not very comforting! I'm sorry you're going through this.
<<HUGS>>

--------------------
~Cara~

#190056 - 06/29/05 06:17 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I'm so sorry Amy. If you do need surgery you'll have to do it. Unpleasant but it might be necessary. You're tougher than you think Amy.

#190071 - 06/29/05 07:12 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Honey, from one Hospital Phobe to another, You WILL be OK. I was hospitalized 6 weeks before Quinlan was born. I SUFFERED THROUGH and so will you if you have to. Let's see how the test goes. Take it one step at a time. Once you get in there, and get used to it, it's really OK. The people there are really great, and you're out of it for the procedure, so you have had 3 kids, you can get through this, too. If you've had kids, you can get through ANYTHING. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#190081 - 06/29/05 07:35 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Like Michelle said...if it's a hernia, it's fixable, and we are just lucky to be alive at a time when SO many thinks are fixable. I know 4 people who have had the surgery recently and all are doing great. It's much less invasive than it used to be, and they were all in in the morning and out by early afternoon. The worst complaint I've heard is a little soreness afterwards. If that's what it is, you'll be ok!!

--------------------

#190124 - 06/29/05 08:54 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Amy, I'm sorry you're having this tremendous stress. (not good for your tummy). I would be having a panic attack too. Maybe it's not a hernia afterall. Let's pray for the best and see what happens.

When the back doctor told me my X-ray was abnormal, I freaked out too, worrying about cancer and all kinds of horrible things. I was relieved once I had the test and had an answer to what was causing my pain. Not knowing is the worst thing!!!

When are you having the test done? Hopefully, you won't have to wait long.

((((Big hugs)))))

Oh no! new
      #190247 - 06/29/05 12:54 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Amy, I'm sorry to hear this! Try not to fret until you get a definate diagnosis, okay. I know, easier said than done. But if they can actually fix something that is causing you pain, that is a good thing! You'll get through the hospitalization...You got through Phil leaving for so long and you didn't think you would. And maybe you wouldn't even need to be in a hospital...Maybe it is out patient surgery, or only a day or two??

But again, wait for a definate diagnosis before jumping ahead of yourself, sweetie.

And the GF diet helping is also a good thing. I've been on it 1 1/2 years and you get used to it. I'll help as best I can. And if the GF diet helped me, I would rejoice! Yes, it sucks not being able to eat bagels, pretzels, and it's a pain to eat anything you haven't prepared yourself because you don't know what brand ingredients are in the product... Well, yeah, it does suck being GF...but is it worth it to feel better? 100% absolutely yes. I prayed that GF would help me and it didn't. Any diet that makes you feel better is a blessing, not a curse. Try and think of it that way, okay?

But you can still tell us how much it sucks having to eat GF because it is a major pain in the butt! And rice bread is sort of yucky...But order from Kinickinnick! It's the best! I swear!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth. new
      #190432 - 06/30/05 02:00 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Thanks Beth. Yeah, I KNOW it's a good thing both that it can be fixed (well temporarily in some cases but...) and it's also a good thing that I'm feeling much better. It's mostly the whole bread thing that's depressing me. I just can't make myself eat it. Even toasted it's all crispy outside and liquid in the middle (shudder just thinking about it!). I'd love any lunch idea's you have. Or super speedy dinner ideas. Lunch is my main problem though. I miss bread . Most other things I can happily live without, but bread (groooaaaannnn). I am grateful that the hernia can be fixed. Going in for another procedure though just terrifies me. Well being cut is what terrifies me the most. I have my ultrasound next wednesday so I'll know for sure then.
Sadly I can't try the Kinickinnick brand of bread as you can't get it over here
Thanks for the support. Hope your belly finds some help soon!

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1008 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3287

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review