BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

And Bev, Laura Sue, Kandee, Angie, Abby82,,, new
      #189979 - 06/28/05 07:18 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Michele posts some, but I miss her everyday posts! She really adds a lot to the board. I miss Bev's sense of humor, and Kandee's wisdom and kindness, and Laura Sue's wonderful inspiration... I hope they are all okay. Gayla too! Where are they?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

and stephs, rachel, ibsgirl, and so many more!!! -nt- new
      #190006 - 06/28/05 10:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Where are Michele, and Tissy, and Heather? I miss em'! n-t new
      #190046 - 06/29/05 05:29 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I know StephS is very close to her due date, so I'm sure she's pretty busy!

I don't know about the others!! I haven't heard from Michele in probably a week! Where are you girls?

--------------------
~Cara~

Kandee's been on vacation! -nt- new
      #190093 - 06/29/05 08:07 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

I'm here Ruchie!... new
      #190145 - 06/29/05 09:31 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have been lurking but not posting b/c my life is so crazy right now don't have much time to myself.

My AC broke a couple weeks back and I had to deal with that ordeal but it has been replaced and my house is cool again.

A friend of the family offered me a job but I still had to do the whole interview thing with his partner (twice). I decided to take it even though it is not in my field b/c at least it is stable. But I also decided to give my current boss 3 weeks notice b/c we are right in the middle of an 88 page catalog that I am laying out. So I didn't want to leave him in the lurch, that wouldn't be right!

So with the catalog layout deadline I am REALLY busy at work. And I am going on a short vacation this weekend for about 5 days and I am trying to clean house and pack and all that good stuff.

And I am working on a website for a friend!

Sorry I haven't been around but I have been reading posts and keeping up to date.

Ruchie I will e-mail or call ya soon. I miss you too!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: I'm here new
      #190161 - 06/29/05 10:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry I haven't posted much lately (or emailed you Cara!) but I've been struggling and I don't want to be a downer. I actually feel a little better today as I went to the RE's office this am. I was worried that I had cysts or something from the clomid because my right ovary has really been hurting but she said everything was fine.

She gave me scripts for this months stuff. I'm switching to femara instead of the clomid. Its a newer drug, actually used for breast cancer but some dr's use it when the clomid doesn't work or there are too many side effects. But I am a little upset she started me on a lower dose of the femara when you compare it to the clomid. I've had three good follicles the last two cycles so I guess a lower dose of a better medication should be fine. Thats about the only thing we are changing. I'm still on all the vitamins and other hormones. I go in July 8th for an ultrasound and more blood work to make sure the follicles are good, than I'll get an injection of hcg and then start the progesterone right after I ovulate.

Will and I have been having some issues. Mostly about the fertility stuff. He is tired of trying and tired of me being moody, he says I'm different. Well, after three miscarraiges in 9 months and trying to have our first baby for 17 months, of course I'm different! We have hashed things out and decided we will try until the new year and relook at things then.

I booked a bed and breakfast get-away for the weekened of July 8 and 9. I will be ovulating then and thought a change of scenary might make is seem less like sex on a schedule kinda thing. Plus, we really haven't had a vactaion of any sorts since all this started. Its just for the weekend but its right on lake huron so it should be fun and relaxing.

So, sorry I've been MIA, I at least scan the boards everyday but just haven't had much to say lately!

I know Heather is getting ready to go on vacation the end of the week and has been very busy. I saw her on Saturday and otherwise she is doing ok. Her new haircut looks really cute! Hopefully she will post a picture soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I'm here Ruchie!... new
      #190182 - 06/29/05 11:08 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Life sounds SOOO very chaotic...T ti sounds like many things have worked themselves out. I'm soooo greatful to hear that *hugs* Keep praying and I'll do the same...

Sending you much love, happiness, and SERENITY...and a WONDERFUL vaca!!!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Michele!!! new
      #190185 - 06/29/05 11:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

SOOO good to see you! I missed you *hugs*

I'm sending you mail now...

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Christie new
      #190218 - 06/29/05 12:18 PM
Augie

I've been wondering about what you decided to do about the job. How did your boss take the news?

What's the new job?

--------------------
~ Beth

Don't worry about being a downer, Michele new
      #190228 - 06/29/05 12:27 PM
Augie

We all love ya know matter what the mood. Unconditional support here! So, don't leave when you need us the most!

Good plan on the B&B!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Aw, Thanks Beth and Ruchie! new
      #190244 - 06/29/05 12:49 PM
michele

I appriciate the kind words! I just feel like everything revolves around my fertility and I'm sure you guys have heard more than you care too about my hormones and my sex life!

I'm hoping the b&b will be exactly what Will and I need to not only get us pregnant but to re-connect with eachother.

--------------------

#190250 - 06/29/05 12:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

Beth is right! We are ALWAYS here for you NO MATTER WHAT! This is a SUPPORT group

We love you ALWAYS Michele...remember that *hugs*

With love and hope,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Don't worry about being a downer, Michele new
      #190251 - 06/29/05 12:57 PM
BL

I agree with Beth. Don't be a stranger because you feel like you don't have anything positive to say. We want to hear from you regardless. I've missed your posts lately!

The B&B sounds like a terrific idea to me too. (Can I tag along?) I know how you feel about sex being unromantic when you are required to do it at certain times. It can take the enjoyment out of it!

Hang in there, and hopefully you won't have to continue this rigorous schedule much longer. And if you do decide you've had enough of the planning, waiting, and doctor's appointments, you know you could always apply to adopt a baby.

That's not giving up on getting pregnant. Maybe that would take the strain off of your relationship and give you both something fun to look forward to. Just think, you'd be parents, and you'd get to decorate a nursery and love that little baby ---just the same. And then maybe later, you would get pregnant. That's what happened to my good friend. She tried for years to get pregnant and couldn't, adopted 2 beautiful children (a girl and a boy!) and then she found herself pregnant ----TWICE. So now they have 4 children, and she couldn't be happier!

If the ultimate goal is to be a MOMMY, which I know you want so desperately, then maybe there's a baby out there for you, one that someone cannot raise because of their circumstances. I say find yourself an attorney that handles adoptions and when he gives you a call that there's a baby for you----and you hold it in your arms---you will be IN LOVE, and won't care where the baby came from.

I hope I'm not stepping on toes by saying this. But my sister-in-law has tried for years to get pregnant and now she regrets not adopting. I think being childless hit her like a brick when she turned 40 recently. She would like to adopt now, but her husband refuses, saying they are too old (and set in their ways) to add a baby to the family now. When I think about all she and her husband have missed by not being parents, it breaks my heart. What difference would it have made where the baby came from? If they had just gotten a baby years ago, they would have a family now. Instead, it's still just the two of them. They buy all kinds of material things---a boat, a new house, a new Jaguar, expensive vacations, but they're still not happy.

Sorry, I didn't intend to lecture you on this, but I've just seen adoptions give so many people so much JOY. We met a couple recently who adopted two girls from a Russian orphanage (they're sisters) and they are so precious! This couple already had 2 boys (of their own), and the girls have really completed this family.

Good luck to you! And hope you have a great trip.

#190252 - 06/29/05 01:01 PM
Augie

There's much more to you than your hormones, sweetie! That's just one aspect of your life right now. It probably just seems like it is "everything" because you live with this every minute of everyday...But trust me, your posts and replies are much more than fertility reports!

I'm glad you realize how important it is to keep your relationship with Will strong....as you are each others best supports. You are both in this together and no one can know what you are going through as much as each of you. Yes, we can empathize...but the two of you are the only ones who can fully experience the entire ups and downs...together.

--------------------
~ Beth

Good for her! She works hard!-nt new
      #190253 - 06/29/05 01:05 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Beth new
      #190261 - 06/29/05 01:26 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

My boss was and is in shock. He thought I would stick it out till the end. But you'd think he would understand I have a family to support I can't afford to gamble at this point in my life. I told him I was giving him 3 weeks notice so I could finish the project I am working on and so he could hire someone else. He said he couldn't hire anyone else in good conscious with the current situation! I couldn't believe it!! He was willling to in good conscious let me hang in there til the bitter end and kept telling me we would be fine and not to look for another job. So I am so sure I made the right decision now.

My new job will be a staff coordinator for an elderly care company. They send out caregivers to people's homes to assist with the care of elderly relatives. I will do the scheduling of all the caregivers with the patients/clients. It pays the same as my current job and it is a busy job so at least the day will go by fast. But the best part is no deadlines to have to work weekends and overtime for!!

Thanks for asking Beth! Congrats on your new car by the way and I hope you figure out how to work the payments in before it reaks to much havoc on your tummy.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: Thanks BL new
      #190288 - 06/29/05 02:37 PM
michele

I have checked a little into adoption. I agree, I just want to be a mom and if I had to skip the morning sickness and stretch marks to do it, I don't think I would feel left out! HEHE!! The problem is, money, isn't it always? I mentioned to Will that you can adopt overseas for about $15,000 and he said no way can we afford it. I told him we would take out a loan like everyone else but with him owning his own small business, I doubt it would even be possible. I'm hoping we won't have to find out but I am not oppossed to adopting at all, just not sure we can financially aford it. It seems so sad with all the orphans that its so hard for people who are willing to take them in, care for them and love them like there own, that they make it so expensive and difficult!

Off to the drug store to purchase this months hormones and then off to swim class! I promise I'll try and post more tomorrow!

--------------------

Michele new
      #190337 - 06/29/05 05:29 PM
BL

I guess I was thinking that all of this fertility treatments have got to be extremely expensive t
oo, but I guess you have insurance that helps with that.

My husband was telling me of about a couple that adopted a child from overseas and this guy's employer, Bank of America, helped pay for a portion of the adoption fees. Isn't that cool? I guess only big corporations are doing that these days.

It is a shame that they don't make it easier to adopt children, especially those that are in orphanages and have no family. You would think they would make it affordable so babies could easily be placed in homes.

I am going to pray that something works out for you. You never know what God has in planned for you! You are going to be a mother someday, and I know you will make a terrific one!

I had NO idea adopting was so expensive! new
      #190338 - 06/29/05 05:32 PM
Snow for Sarala

That is OUTRAGEOUS! I can't believe it! That just made me so upset

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I have adopted two..... new
      #190412 - 06/29/05 09:10 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

It is expensive but with my second one, I had adoption assistance from my company and they picked up the entire cost!

We had to take out a loan for our first one...isn't that funny?

It's all worth it though...I would do it again in a heartbeat if my husband would agree!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: I had NO idea adopting was so expensive! new
      #190423 - 06/30/05 12:35 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Maybe it's so that not just any old person who takes a fancy to being a person can adopt? If someone really really wants a baby and scrimps and saves and borrows, it might mean less chance of children going to neglectful or abusive homes.

Or maybe it's just lawyers being ridiculously expensive. I'd like to look at it the first way though.

--------------------
*Emma*

Re: I had NO idea adopting was so expensive! new
      #190479 - 06/30/05 07:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm with you...I hope it's the 1st one!

How are you doing these days Emma? How's tummy/life/studenthood? What are you studying btw?

Nice to see you...and I adore your new pic! Black and whites are gret fun. And you're VERY photogenic!!!

Have a nice day

*hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Expenses new
      #190483 - 06/30/05 07:44 AM
michele

Luckily, since I have the oh-so lovely diagnosis of "habitual aborter," which is technically a "medical" diagnosis and NOT a fertility diagnosis, most everything has been covered so far! I have some office visit copays and some drug copays but so far, I have gotten out of it all with only having to pay a few hundred dollars out of pocket!

If we decide to do iui (artificle insemenation) that will cost $400.00 each month. Because my problems are hormonal, this won't really increase our chances of not miscarring again and will only very slightly increase the chances of me getting pregnant faster, so I'm going to wait another month or two before doing that!

As for getting assistance financially for adoption, I don't think so. I work for a private eye dr in a very small office and my hubby is self employeed. Since hubby is just getting his business going, we are taking a LOT of "expenses" out of his income. So, as far as uncle sam is concerned, Wills business doesn't make very much money. Its pretty much all legit, he works from home so we get lots of deductions for that. We have a good accountant! But, when it comes to things like getting loans and that kinda stuff, our reported income doesn't look so great! If anyone knows of anywhere to get financial aide stuff for adoptions, I'd LOVE to hear about it!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1083 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review