All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
doing my business during business hours ...
      #188384 - 06/22/05 03:09 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Okay, those of you who work full time ... how the HECK do you poop at work? I rarely have D anymore, I'm just talking about regular old #2 like all working people must have at some point in the day. I am working as a summer associate at a fantastic warm wonderful law firm for the summer, and it's my first "real" job. I've hostessed before or worked at day camps, but somehow the bathroom situation is much more difficult in an office. The only bathroom for women has 3 stalls. If I can get in when nobody is in there and go real fast, I'm fine. It usually doesn't take me a long time to go, thanks to the wonderful IBS urgency that I still get. But, twice in a row today, I went in to use it and each time someone was in there applying makeup or something. I don't mind if the other person is in the stall when I get there, because then I can stay in until after they leave, and they'll never know it was me. But I can't walk past a person putting on her makeup, and sit on the pot and poop while she's making small talk with me. HELP!!! What do you people do about this? I finally got a decent BM on my last trip, but I finished way too quickly because someone came in towards the end and I had to flush fast. Now I have that incomplete evacuation feeling, which I almost never get. I'm afraid that all of this paranoia is going to swing me to C. What do I do?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: doing my business during business hours ... new
      #188386 - 06/22/05 03:35 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I have looked this one right in the face!

We have about 60 female staff and four stalls.
The way I see it, we all gotta poop, that's what bathrooms are for.

Therefore, if I gotta go (i get the old urgency too) I go.

Sometimes, I go into the stall and flush to cover the noise. Or I go in, they go about their business and I start to go about mine. Other times I go in to terminate the conversation but wait until they turn on the hand drier or something to eliminate the sound effects.

If someone comes in they will be in a stall before you come out so you don't have to face them so don't let them rush you.

Embarrassing story: I had a D-ish attack yesterday at work. I was washing my hands when a colleague came into the bathroom. She went into the stall that I had come out of and then came right back out and said that there was no TP in there. (I knew there was, she didn't know that I had come out of that one) Obviously there was a stench left behind by me

Maybe I am rude??

--------------------
S.

#188387 - 06/22/05 03:38 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I never thought about that. I guess I'm spoiled because just about every place I've ever worked just had "one-holers."

Even before IBS, I've always subscribed to the "When you gotta go, you gotta go" school of thought. Can you find a way to avoid the small talk or just make the smallest of small talk and then hope the other person goes away soon?

#188388 - 06/22/05 03:41 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Hee hee. At home, I will warn people "You don't wanna go in there" if it's been especially unpleasant. I've even done the "light a match" trick to make the aroma goes away. This amuses my husband for some reason.

Hell is other something... new
      #188397 - 06/22/05 04:26 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Poor AP! You so don't need the stress!

We've all totally had this problem!!!! If I have to be in the office to go, I go at odd times so that I don't run into anybody. I hate people who talk to me while I'm in the stall. It's like, go somewhere else, Now! NOW!

I also find different floors with fewer women/quieter bathrooms/less foot traffic and use the toilet there. If I'm in dire need of a one-seater, a restaurant across the street is nice and anonymous. But only if I can get there in time.

If worse comes to worse, I will ball up tp in my hands and press my face into it, closing my eyes and plugging my ears, and wishing I was on an M class planet all by myself. Urgency, pain, loss of dignity and a strong suspension of disbelief are a must for that one.

I guarantee, the other people in close proximity will be shocked into silence.

Good luck!

~nelly~

#188416 - 06/22/05 05:45 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Oh sinead...thats so funny and that must have been so awkward! I HATE those people that make small talk, even while I am peeing...how can they not know that people need their alone time when they poo??????? Its common sense to me. The only person I can chat to and poo at the same time is hubby and maybe my Mum, but noone else.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#188438 - 06/22/05 06:32 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

It sucks doesn't it!!!!! These people that don't work full time just don't know how good they have it LOL!!!!!

We have about 10 women and 3 stalls. We have one private bathroom which is technically the "big" boss's. If I have to go twice (which is when I'm having an attack)I go once in the stall bathroom and then go in the private one. Our "big boss" isn't there that often. We have spray in each bathroom which is good. I've often contemplated keeping wipies in there too for those really sore days.

Oh and about no one knowing who's in the stall next to you? Well with only 10 women, you can tell who is who by their shoes. We have all different ages and sizes so it's easy for us to tell who's who. Sad huh!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Huge deal for me new
      #188549 - 06/23/05 07:24 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Unless I am in D mode, I absolutely refuse to go AT ALL. Which I know is horrible, but I just can't help it. I used to be one of those people that would go home from school because I had to use the bathroom. We have over 500 female that use the four restrooms in the building and I still won't go. Please help!!

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#188552 - 06/23/05 07:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It's a hard one!

Find a bathroom that is private if one exists.

Also, buy some room freshner and keep it in the washroom that you use. Nobody will know who bought it and everyone will appreciate not smelling poo. Just buy a light fragrance light lemon or something.

I never bought one but the janitor here has put a SUPER good apple scented one in the washrooms that could cover the smell of a skunk! it's industrial strength. he he

"Courtesy Flush"
      #188555 - 06/23/05 07:37 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I have been blessed in that I rarely poop after I leave the house but the standard "courtesy flush" every time a poop falls (now isn't this sexy!) is supposed to help those with odor insecurity.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review