All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Update and question - StephS???? new
      #187686 - 06/21/05 05:53 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ok so last night was the worst night yet - I took my zofran like I have been....then around 8:30 I starting throwing up...I was in the bathroom for an hour before it stopped. Then I was SO weak and tired...I got ready for bed, got in bed, and couldn't lay down because then it would hurt again.

I sat up and was dry heaving...thought nothing was left in my tummy....went back to the bathroom around 10:30 and was throwing up so hard my face was bright red and I could barely breath! Not much was coming up, but it was such hard core puking that it was miserable.

Steph - I'm just wondering if you ever threw up this hard?? Should I just wait this out and hope it goes away soon??? Do you know if there's anything stronger than the Zofran??

I hate calling my doctor right now because I don't really HAVE one since I switched my records yesterday and haven't met the new guy yet. Plus I think they'll just say, 'oh it's just MS'...which it could be I guess.

This is just insane and I was crying myself to sleep because I can't take much more of this!

Do you think that being so C can make you throw up?? I took milk of mag this morning, so it BETTER work! I have tried everything else, you name it. I am so bloated and just have so much pressure built up besides the baby.

Any suggestions anyone??? I'm sorry to keep bothering you all with my puking!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

CARA!!!! new
      #187690 - 06/21/05 06:16 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm very worried about you. You need to call the doctor now---new doctor or not! Call the office and tell them how sick you are and demand that he see you right away. I used to work for a dentist---and I know doctors ALWAYS have time to work emergencies in their schedule.

This cannot be good for the baby. You have got to think about that.

When I was pregnant, I got a horrible stomach virus and the doctor prescribed pheneregan (not sure of spelling) suppositories. That calmed my stomach down immediately ---and knocked me out (it makes you very drowsy.) Maybe they could give you one or 2 of these to stop the vomiting.

If you don't do something, you are going to end up dehydrated (if you're not already.) You've got to be losing potassium and other vital minerals. And this could put the baby in jeapordy.

Call the doctor! This is not normal morning sickness!

Re: CARA!!!! new
      #187693 - 06/21/05 06:41 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Cara, I agree with BL. I am so sorry you are suffering like this. I only know of one woman who had MS that had it like you, you might have the severe kind and you have every right to call the Dr, even just for reassurance. I think the C could definetly be adding to the stress. If I were you I would get some suppositories and make them make me poo it all out. You need to get the poo out. But more then that, call the Dr NOW...you deserve it and are owed it. Good luck. You can always email me if you need to vent dalia_yael@hotmail.com

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

BL.... new
      #187704 - 06/21/05 07:15 AM
Cara4503

Thank you!
I am a little nervous about it, but then during the day I am ok! It is really weird...I can feel fine all day, eat a lot, drink a ton, etc...and then come about 7:00 at night is when it sets in. I am gaining plenty of weight and I don't feel dehydrated because I am drinking a lot during the day.....but then again who knows what I'm losing when I throw up.

I just called my new doctor....I had to leave a message with the nurses, so we'll see when one calls me back. I hate that!!! I just wish doctors and nurses could get back to you faster, it always has to be so complicated.

Anyways, I probably would not have called if not for you and Dalia, so thank you...and I'll let you know what they say!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: I agree with Dalia and BL, new
      #187736 - 06/21/05 08:29 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Your MS is too severe. You need to see a Doc ASAP. There has GOT to be something that they can give you to stop the vomiting. Isn't there an anti-vomiting med that they can give you? I mean this is desperate times, here! This is way too excessive.

Seriously, INSIST that you see at doc TODAY. Even if it's not your regular Doc. This cannot continue.

I hope that you can teast your child about this at their wedding! And when they give you grandchildren! You deserve the barf award for this one! (sorry, my desperate attempt at humour in a very terrible time for you! please don't be offended!)

I'm sending you huge, barf free hugs.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Please ask for suppositories new
      #187740 - 06/21/05 08:34 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I know it sounds disgusting, but if you can't keep down your medication it isn't helping you. I am so sorry that you are soooo sick. I know it is a horrible experience. Please keep us updated.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Re: I agree with Dalia and BL, new
      #187755 - 06/21/05 08:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope you are feeling better sweetie! Call me whenever you need to!!! Big, big hugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#187759 - 06/21/05 09:06 AM
Cara4503

I have definately thought of this...and I will. Although right now I don't think I'm throwing up the Zofran. You have to take it every 6 hours...and I take it between 3 and 4:00, and I'm throwing up around 8:00...so it's either not working for the full 6 hours, or it's just not working for me.

--------------------
~Cara~

#187765 - 06/21/05 09:08 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Cara...please go to the Dr TODAY...you should not have to suffer like this. PLEASE do it...I know its a bit awkward right now since you are changing Drs, but you are entitled to care and so is your baby!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

The nurse just called me... new
      #187766 - 06/21/05 09:09 AM
Cara4503

And basically said nothing...she said that hopefully it will stop soon, and she's sure it's just MS, and that some people have it more severe. She said that the C isn't causing it...I don't know if I believe that or not.

She said to keep giving the Zofran a few more days, and if this doesn't ease up by Monday when I have my next appt, they'll give me a different, stronger prescription.

So basically I'm at the same starting place, and planning on being miserable for at least another week.

Say some prayers that this is just MS and it goes away very soon. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 568 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7292

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review