All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.... new
      #187493 - 06/20/05 01:09 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I think Cara was just speaking as a "tall girl," and they are always hunting for guys "tall enough" to date, so they don't look too big by comparison. Just a personal preference, nothing against shorter guys. And since Katie Holmes is tall, it's kind of unusual. That being said, I once dated a guy who was 5'2", and my current bf is about 5'8" I think. I'm 5'4", so just about anything works for me.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tommy new
      #187498 - 06/20/05 01:14 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

There is nothing wrong with tall girls and shorter guys. I think seeing a taller man and a shorter woman is something that the media portrays as the right image for a couple. This is the same as women feeling they must fit a mold of being thin and in perfect shape. As long as everyone involved in the relationship is happy it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.... new
      #187499 - 06/20/05 01:16 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

It's no big deal. I was more curious than anything. I would think if Katie Holmes is truly in love then it wouldn't matter how tall Tom is. Just curious. Personal preference is personal preference.

--------------------

Re: Tommy new
      #187500 - 06/20/05 01:18 PM
TommyNY

Thanks Janey. I'm not offended at all. I am very independent minded and I don't subscribe to what teh media thinks is right or wrong. I was curious more than anything else. It takes A LOT more than that to offend me...

--------------------

Sorry Tommy! new
      #187502 - 06/20/05 01:24 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

No need to get all defensive! I really didn't mean to offend or hurt feelings. I have just been tall my whole life, and I was ALWAYS taller than boys, and got made fun of for it a LOT growing up!
It's definately a personal preference, I just would hate dating a guy shorter than me - makes me feel umcomfortable. I think about 80% (at least) of woman would agree with that. They might not SAY it out loud, but they are thinking it.

I have NOTHING against short guys (besides dating them! ), I was just saying that from a very tall girl's perspective!

--------------------
~Cara~

Ergonomics.... new
      #187512 - 06/20/05 01:38 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I don't know if I spelled that properly. I am 5'8" tall and my husband is 5'10". When I am in heels it makes it slightly uncomfy for him to put his arm around my shoulders.

I would have married him had he been 5'2' or 6'10"...6'1" or so is the perfect height for me but I would rather have my hunny at 5'10" that a tall guy who isn't the man my honey is any day!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Sorry Tommy! new
      #187525 - 06/20/05 01:56 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Eh, I think it depends upon the guy. I mean, in general I would say it prefer that a guy be taller than me, but in real life I've had crushes on several guys who were very short. So I think the person matters more than the height.

#187531 - 06/20/05 02:22 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sure I've had crushes on shorter guys too! lol. I mean, Tom Cruise isn't exactly ugly. But how many did you actually date???? Of course the person matters more, I'm not stuck up like that or anything...I'm just saying that if you prefer the man to be taller, you probably won't get too close to any guy that is shorter to begin with. I'm not talking an inch or so....but Katie Holmes is 4-5 inches taller than him. I would just be very uncomfortable! She obviously is not, and that's wonderful for her!

--------------------
~Cara~

#187535 - 06/20/05 02:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well, you can't go by my dating record, as I only really dated one other person before I met my husband. But, I will just have to respectfully disagree. I do think I would have dated someone shorter.

#187542 - 06/20/05 03:17 PM
TommyNY

I don't think I was being defensive at all & I was not offended. I was just asking a question is all. So, no need to apoligize at all.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2721 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9239

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review