All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
A few words from a moderator... please read
      #174214 - 04/27/05 04:09 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

1. If someone's posting habits bug you, don't read the posts. I know it's difficult when there's 20 redundant posts from the same person in a span of less than 5 minutes, but I do it, so I know it's possible! Set your page preferences to "Collapse" and viewing of 50 posts on a page, and believe me, you'll see a LOT of posts by other people, some of whom have only gotten 1 or 2 replies. Make an extra effort to reply to THOSE posts - you'll save yourself the stress, and you'll make some people who genuinely need assistance *very* grateful.

2. It's nobody's decision but Heather's as to whether or not someone is a problem user. But personally, I would consider ANYONE who disrupts the normal, helpful, friendly atmosphere of the boards to be a "problem", even if they're not being specifically abusive in the way past banned users have been.

Many, many people have emailed me, Heather, and probably even other moderators to complain, and when someone prevents regular, helpful, contributing users from being comfortable even being on the boards, then that person presents a problem. Obviously, Heather agrees. If you have an issue with her decision(s), take it up with her - don't whine about it and start arguments here on the boards.

3. C'mon, people. Remember who we are (friends!) and why we're here (IBS support). Play nice (and I will too, I promise!). Nobody specifically meant anybody any harm, as far as I can tell. Stop the witchhunting, and if you have a point to make, make it, but leave names (good or bad) out of it.

You guys are all like family to me, and I love y'all, and it bugs me to see us all ruffled like this. Knock it off, darn it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah, I hate the rows too. new
      #174216 - 04/27/05 04:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd like to make the point though that people who get stressed at other people on the boards are actually perpetuating the problem and so could be called a problem themselves. IGnore the stuff that annoys you, guys!

Just my two cents...do not kill me.

Agreed... new
      #174218 - 04/27/05 04:21 AM
atomic rose

...and I feel pretty bad about my part in it, which is why I'm posting this. I'm sorry to anyone my post last night might have offended or miffed, but man, was I pissed, and I'm not exactly clear-headed when that happens.

No killing allowed! This is a feel-good thread. Heh.

bump new
      #174241 - 04/27/05 05:48 AM
atomic rose

And darn it, I'm going to keep bumping it all day... so there!

Well said, Casey! I agree with you completely. -nt- new
      #174264 - 04/27/05 06:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Re: From another moderator..... new
      #174266 - 04/27/05 06:48 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I am a moderator on the diet board. It is up to ME to monitor the posts and report anything suspicious or strange or rude or whatever to Heather. I take my job very seriously. Don't worry. I'm monitoring the situation. I don't know about Mags, Jenx or Jennifer Rose, but I'm sure they're doing their jobs as well. I'm not trying to speak for them.

Furthermore, it is up to Heather and Heather only what is appropriate and what isn't. I just report to her. She decides.

This person might just be another person honestly looking for help. They deserve that. If it's a banned user, eventually they will show their true colours and it will be obvious. Please stop fighting amongst yourselves - love to all! Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#174277 - 04/27/05 07:33 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

The reason I emailed Heather a second time is because she asked me to do that. She told me that she wished everyone would email her so that she could check the posts out. She encouraged and thanked me.

Alicia, you are an awesome moderator, and I am sorry if I overstepped my boundaries. I thought anyone was free to contact Heather if something was bothering them about the boards.

Again, you are an awesome moderator. But I realize you are also a mommy who cannot be on the boards 24/7. I was sincerely trying to help.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Agreed! new
      #174288 - 04/27/05 07:49 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,

I just made my apology in the other thread, but I will stick one here as well:
I'm sorry for any trouble I may have caused or helped along.. I hope there are no hard feelings and I will in future just pass over posts that bother me.

Here's to our support board being really supportive!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#174310 - 04/27/05 08:18 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Not at all, dear Beth. You didn't overstep anything. I'm sure Heather likes to hear from others, too. She cares a lot about this board and likes input. Thanks for giving us all a hand. We're in this together! I was simply trying to put peoples fears to ease. I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't e-mail Heather. So sorry if it came across that way.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Ditto Casey & Alicia new
      #174336 - 04/27/05 09:04 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

As I said in another post, I may not be able to answer posts as often as I'd like, but I still read the posts and let Heather know if there's a problem.

Hopefully things can calm down now and we can just get back to normal.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 721 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1807

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review