All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
I've got some great news! :)
      #172115 - 04/21/05 08:13 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

We just found out that I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First off, you know I had my gallbladder removed 2.5 weeks ago, and when I had the surgery they did a blood test and said I wasn't pregnant....well, turns out I was - about 12 hours pregnant so it didn't show up. (I'm guessing I was about 12 hours pregnant cuz that's the only time we had sex for about a week before my surgery!)

SO - I went to the doctor yesterday and since we're not sure of the due date becasue my cycle is so screwy, I'll have an early sonogram in 2 weeks. She felt the little bean in me! Also, she took 9 viles of blood (I about passed out), to check my HCG levels since I was on all those pain killers and everything - kinda scary. But she thinks everything should be ok. I have to be retested tommorrow to make sure the levels doubled. So I'll keep you all informed!

I knew I was pregnant - my boobs are KILLING me, even the water in the shower hurt. And they are bigger - yay! And - I was SO nausous a few nights ago and I thought I had a migraine all night....and the past few mornings I've had the worst stomach ache and D. So I think I'm about 2.5 weeks right now, and I should be due around Christmas! Crazy huh?? So keep me in your thoughts that this goes smoothly, I'm so scared and so excited at the same time. I'll be crying one second and jumping up and down the next. My family is so excited. It is just is amazing - it hasn't completely 'clicked' with me yet....it's just so emotional when it actually happens. So many things go through your head right away.

It's funny....we've been really trying for over a year...and this month we tried NOT to because of my surgery. God has a way of telling me who's in charge I guess

I'm so happy!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congratulations! new
      #172116 - 04/21/05 08:15 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Good to hear all that hard work paid off

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: I've got some great news! :) new
      #172118 - 04/21/05 08:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cara...that's super terrific!
I'm sooooo thrilled or you!

I hope everything goes smoothly and that you have a healthy, safe, happy pregnancy/baby!

Keep us updated!

Doing a super happy dance over here!

Love ya,
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Congrats!! new
      #172121 - 04/21/05 08:27 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Cara,
Congratulations!!! That is amazing news!!
It is so ironic that it was when you stopped trying that voila, BABY!
I am so happy for you, I'll bet when you get a sonogram and all that it will really sink in more for you.

Let us know how all your tests go and everything, and don't forget to take pictures of your growing belly over the next few months!!

Congrats again, I am so happy for you!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#172128 - 04/21/05 08:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Congrats!! I think we got cut off on the phone yesterday but I wanted to let you know to expect a book in the mail! I ordered you The girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy! I LOVe this book! I think its a riot! I think any first time expectant mommy should read it! So, its on its way!

As for the boobs, I hear ya sister! Mine would hurt SO bad, I had to start sleep in a sports bra! Go to target or somewhere cheap and get some sports bra's and TRUE drawstring pants. By TRUE drawstring pants, I mean NO elastic in the front! Target has some cute ones on sale right now! I found that I got even more bloated (didn't think that was possible ) when I was pregnant.

The emotional rollercoatser isn't fun, I was the same way, laughing one second and balling my eyes out the next, poor Will couldn't keep up! LOL!! I was NOT rational about anything. And the SMELLS, OMG, I swear I could smell a mouse fart three counties away! HEHE!! I had to stop feeding the cats because there food would make me gag! I couldn't eat anything unless I smelled it first and it didn't turn my tummy! But, I'll gladly do it all again!!! Hopefully, I'll only be a month or two behind you!

Keep us posted on your testing! Lots of Love and Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Congratulations, Sweetheart! new
      #172129 - 04/21/05 08:36 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

That's just wonderful news! I know how it goes with the boobs. That and the nausea will likely ease in say oh, 10 weeks!???! Get yourself some ginger root for the nausea. Slice the size of a quarter in a mug of boiling water. It really helped me a lot. Don't worry about the painkillers. The implantation doesn't even take place till like what? 10 days after sex? That means baby wasn't even hooked up to your system when you were taking the most painkillers.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Congrats!! -nt- new
      #172134 - 04/21/05 08:41 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Congratulations!!! new
      #172147 - 04/21/05 09:02 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Congratulations Cara! That's so exciting And it is strange how it happened now isn't it?

Take care of yourself and keep us posted!

#172163 - 04/21/05 09:38 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Congrats sweetie....I'm so happy for you...I have a little tear in MY eye.... I can tell how very very happy you are. Keep us up to date on that Christmas baby!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#172169 - 04/21/05 10:10 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Congrats! What a great Christmas present!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2931 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6903

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review