All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I guess I'll make my return
      #169385 - 04/12/05 07:23 PM

Unregistered

So I was realizing just how long it has been since I last posted and I figured it was finally time to stage my comeback.

So tons has been going on, some good and some bad. A close friend of our family died right before easter weekend from a year or so battle with colon cancer (she worked for my dad so we've known her our whole lives) and that was just really sad especially since she was only 35 and had 2 little kids.

Then my best friend was home for her spring break and I was trying to see her and do school at the same time.

And school has been quickly approaching the end and I have been absolutely swamped with work that I feel guilty for sleeping or wasting time eating meals. Thank goodness there are only 2 more weeks after this week - though I can't promise that I'll be around a whole bunch until all that's over.

Then I don't know why but I have felt kinda depressed the past several weeks. I think it has something to do with how out of control I feel with all that has been going on, but it's just no good. And I have felt so fat and ugly that I have to remember that eating is good (feel like I used to when I dealt with all this a couple years ago and I know that's a bad road to head down) but I definitely think it's a control thing. And then I feel like I've been stress eating at the same time and it's just a mess. Enough rambling about that now...

But I've also been trying to sort out some jobs for the summer because I need to make some good money. Well I went and met this great family over the weekend that I'm going to nanny for this summer and they just have one little boy that's 3 and they're paying me quite a nice hourly rate, and then the mom says that they're going to NYC and London and wondered if I was opposed to traveling along - of course not! So I'm pretty excited about that.

AND just a few days ago I found out that I was chosen for a "Best of" exhibit competition that my school does each year and I was chosen among a few other from our department. Just trust me, it is quite an honor to be chosen for that.

Well anyhow I am tired and off to bed but I felt bad staying gone when you all were asking about me. For someone who was so addicted to the boards, it's amazing how once you stay away for a bit it's hard to get back into it. Hope everyone is doing well though and I'm not even going to try and catch up on everything I've missed. Big hugs to everyone!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I guess I'll make my return new
      #169388 - 04/12/05 07:40 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Brit!

It sounds like alot of good things have been happening to you, but you still sound really depressed in your post

I hope its just a stage and not something serious. Especially seeing that i'm a psychologist- so I know a thing or to about how crappy being depressed is.

I'm really sorry about you parent's friend, but try to keep your chin up and think about your new job, and the fact that you were chosen to showcase your work. AWESOME JOB!

I know how you feel about school too.. I have about 2-3 more weeks and its crunch time. I am gonna have a nervous breakdown, its like a trillion things due in two weeks so I know the feeling.. hopefully things will get easier when thats done.

--------------------

Ashley new
      #169389 - 04/12/05 07:46 PM

Unregistered

Thanks for your post!

Yeah I hope it's no big deal either. I'm making myself wake up and go to the gym tomorrow before I start my day and hope that I'll feel better about myself if I do.

Good luck to you too with the end of school coming up! It's going to be so great when summer is finally here. I'm looking forward to the sleep!

Hey there! Good to have you back. new
      #169427 - 04/13/05 03:16 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Wow! You really HAVE been busy! No wonder you haven't been around much!
I'm sorry to hear about your family friend. It's always hard when we lose someone we love. And when children and partners are left behind we take on a little of their grief also.
Good luck with the end of year exams! I'm sure you'll do great!
Try not to feel down about yourself. You are definately NOT fat or ugly. I look forward to seeing your smile on the boards. I know what it's like when you get into one of those spirals. They're not fun, not good for your body and definately not good for the tummy. Big hugs. I hope you start to feel better soon. I get the stress eating too. It's hard cause it goes hand in hand with the other. You overeat at one point in the day then beat yourself up about it and then overcompensate trying not to put weight on. More big hugs. Hang in there. You've obviously gotten past this before, you can do it again.
Congratulations on the job (and travelling too, what a bonus!) and an even bigger Congratulations on the Best Of Award! Wow!
Look forward to seeing you round when your exams are over. Let us know how everythings going.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Hey there! Good to have you back. new
      #169439 - 04/13/05 04:27 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Nice to see you Brittany, you have been busy.
Congrats on the "best of" and the job. Hope your charge is not a little terror!

--------------------
S.

#169493 - 04/13/05 07:22 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good to hear from you Brittany. It sounds like you have alot going on. So sorry about your family friend. Life doesn't seem fair when young people leave us too soon. Congrats on your honor for your exhibit. That must have made you feel really good. It is really hard to catch up or get back on the boards when you are gone for awhile. I have only been posting here and there because of how busy life is. I hope that you start to feel better about things as life hopefully slows down for you. School is so tough and I remember those days of just cramming and never thinking there were enough hours in the day to get things done. All of your hard work will pay off though! Unfortunatley life will always be crazy at times! Hang in there and good luck!

Amy new
      #169514 - 04/13/05 08:43 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for the good thoughts I'm doing better today I guess - it just kinda depends. I don't have classes on Wednesdays so I'm trying to be productive.

You seem like you've had lots of crazy stuff going on in your life so I hope that you're doing well too. How are the kids doing?

Sinead new
      #169517 - 04/13/05 08:45 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for the welcome back. How have you been doing?? Wedding plans going well? What is the countdown at now?

The little boy I'm nannying for seems like he'll be okay. He's just turning 3 next week and thank goodness is potty trained. These people seem great because they said I can take him out and do whatever I want - so the summer is a great time for movies and hanging out at the beach. Hopefully it will be good.

Angela new
      #169518 - 04/13/05 08:48 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for the nice welcome back

It is hard to keep up with everything when you've been away - you don't have time to respond to everything but it's hard not too. Hope things are going well with you in your busy life

#169529 - 04/13/05 09:22 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hey, great to see ya back....hope you will have more time for the boards in your BUSY schedule!! Take care.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Brittany! You're back! new
      #169533 - 04/13/05 09:35 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

It's so good to hear from you. Boy, have things been busy for you. I'm sorry about your friend that died. That's so sad, especially since she was so young and had little kids.

Only 2 more weeks of school? I know you are looking forward to a break. It sounds like you landed a fabulous job. Traveling to NYC and London and getting paid at the same time? Hey, I want that job!

And congratulations on being chosen for the "Best of" exhibit. That is fabulous! We knew you had talent. It's about time someone else recognized it.

I can't imagine you feeling down right now with all the good things you have happening, but I know that feeling can come (and go) at anytime! Hang in there. You're almost finished with school. This summer will be a big break for you---and so relaxing. One little boy....that's sounds fun.

Let us hear from you again. I've missed you.

#169544 - 04/13/05 10:14 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am glad your back babe!! I ahve missed ya! I hope your feeling better. Depression has had me by the neck lately to.
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Brittany new
      #169556 - 04/13/05 10:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello! Nice to see you around again! I'm so sorry about the family friend, thats just so sad, especially being only 35 with two kids. I couldn't imagine.

It sounds like you have some good things going though! It would be great if you got paid to travel this summer!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 591 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review