All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: For Amy and Chrissy new
      #158907 - 03/09/05 05:49 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hey Beth! Hope you're feeling better these days. A vega test is where electrical currents are passed through offending foods and a sample of your saliva. The strength of the currents tell the naturopath whether you are able to tolerate that food type. I had it done last year (I've been calling it an allergy test as I've only just found out the true name!). Going gluten, diary, soy, alcohol and sugar free really helped, but [censored] its tough! The benefits are enormous but you need extreme willpower.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Linz, Ruchie and Sheri. new
      #158909 - 03/09/05 05:53 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a little better today although I think I'm in for a long visit to the loo later
My emotions are totally all over the place atm. One minute I'm depressed, the next I'm violently angry and the next I'm cracking up about something only I think is funny. It's very weird. Thanks for listening to me. And yes I can have carrots so I'll be eating a few of those!

--------------------
Amy

I don't eat dairy, gluten or sugar....... new
      #158955 - 03/09/05 07:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Or chicken (makes me sick) or tomatoes (same) cucumbers (same)....

So I hear ya!

I DO eat a lot of gluten free tummy stuff, veggies, whole grains, and a bit of fruit.

Do you like/can you eat garlic? Olive oil? Vinegar? Mix together for a yummy drssing. You cna also add a bt of lemon juice o it...mmmm!

I put that or tahini/hummus on rice cakes or corn thins. I will also use it in my salads.

I like a bit of olive oil on a baked potato with soem chives.

I also enjoy olive spreads or guacamole too.

Do you eat tofu? there's tons you can do with it!

Search the boards for recipes. If you still feel stuck...let me know and I'll help as much as I can *hugs*

You WILL get through this...you're strong Amy! i belive in you!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Okay guys (deep breath). I REALLY need your love and support... new
      #158967 - 03/09/05 08:46 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

It seems you've done one thing i was going to sugest and that was to confess you hiding places to you husband.

I also find that the little things, although by themself only help a little, but if you have a handfull of them they can help get you throw. ex. one i use is there's others out there with it the same or worse. No judgment just one that helps me. That the future, by the presence of ingnorance, can't be a curtanty. things like that.
Also;
Quote:

what I did find was that once I'd been following the diet for a couple of weeks I was feeling great (energy and good moods)and the cravings went. I can't wait to get back to that feeling because it was a real high!

is true to me.

Man, my memory isn't good. I though i had more to say. Well I'll just have to remember to keep my eye on the board here for future posts.

peace.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

Re: Linz, Ruchie and Sheri. new
      #159024 - 03/10/05 02:57 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Amy!
I hope tomorrow goes heaps better for you. When DH stops being ill, give your sweet things to him and get him to EAT THEM ALL! If he's anything like my Hamish, your stash will last about five minutes. I hide food too.... but only because it doesn't stand a chance if Hamish finds it! (I may be just a little bit NO SHARE! about my junk food also)

I think you're amazing for committing to your health like this, and I know you can make it through this. Are you allowed kumara (or sweet potatoes? Do you have kumara in oz?)

--------------------
*Emma*

Me neither...or Soy new
      #159221 - 03/10/05 11:19 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

If you need some help with figuring out a menu, let me know. It is so doable Amy. Rough in the beginning, but I can't believe I've been Gluten free for over a year and a half already. And dairy free for like forever!!! Sure I miss my bagels and pita breads (the GF versions are sky high in fat--like 8 grams per bagel), but there are other options and yummy foods out there that don't have gluten: rice and rice breads, millet, quinoa, rice rolls, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, Kettle Chips, rice crackers...

And Rice Milk instead of dairy or soy.

Plus, it sounds like this is only temporary for you. So you can do anything if you know it's going to make you feel better. Nothing tastes as good as feeling good!! Remember that! It gets me past the temptation of having a cup of coffee, or a piece of melted cheese on a tuna melt!!

I'm here for you, Sweetie! YOU WANT TO FEEL GOOD. That is number one priority. No food is worth giving that up.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Bump for Amy-nt new
      #159418 - 03/10/05 07:25 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Sorry Beth, must have missed this before. new
      #159421 - 03/10/05 07:36 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I'm a bit spacey at the moment. I think a lack of caffiene and sugar maybe?-lol. I had the worst nights sleep on top of it too. Really bad leg cramps. I had to leap out of bed about 6 times and walk them out and Jacinta also had a bad night and ended up camping in with me and DH so I woke her up every time I jumped out and in between she kept poking my eyes out and sticking her fingers up my nose. Would have been quite hilarious if you were a fly on the wall.
I'd love some dinner ideas. Especially ones that the rest of the family could eat too. We all like chicken. Are you off red meats like Heather suggests? I'm allowed to have red meat apparantly. I've had a bit of lamb but my tummy's feeling awful right now so I don't really want to risk it too much. Other than that I've been faithfully grilling plain chicken and eating mashed potato with it. Also which makes things hard other than the no wheat, no sugar and no dairy (which I have to confess I'm cheating on a tiny bit after some extensive reading)I also can't have preservatives or yeast for at least 20 days. I'll be given a review on that on the 28th and am hoping she'll loosen the reins a little, he he.
If you have any yummy chicken dinners that are wheat, milk, preservative, yeast and sugar free I'd love to hear them. Just email them to me or post them on the recipie board (just let me know if you do or I'll never see them). Thanks Beth. Did you get my email?

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 532 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review