All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Amy I've had that test done and understand!! new
      #158589 - 03/09/05 03:05 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

OMG you're the first person I've found on the boards who have had the vega test done! I too have had the test done and have multiple food intolerances - gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, caffeine, red meat.... my list goes on. The new diet was really tough at first, but I learn't to adjust. The hardest thing for me was sugar as I LOVE chocolate. But I've got heaps of tips and support for you, its so good to find someone else who's been there!! I'd love to hear how you go and what your naturopath had to say.

Not sure what your symptoms are but mine were C, bloating, lethargy, cloudiness and moodiness. After 2 weeks on the new diet I had regular BMs (what a godsend!), after 6 weeks I was full of energy and the bloating had gone down. It really was the best thing ever. HOWEVER, it is tough and you'll need all the support you can get (thats why we're here ). Unfortunately I have been cheating lately and now feel crappy again, but starting tomorrow its back on the bandwagon, and back into good health!

I'd love to stay in touch and hear how you're going. I've got lots of substitute recipes and know of good GF products in Aus.

And about the overeating, your post could have been written by me!! I gorge myself at night, usually with sweet food, and its all to do with my depression and anxiety. But what I did find was that once I'd been following the diet for a couple of weeks I was feeling great (energy and good moods)and the cravings went. I can't wait to get back to that feeling because it was a real high! So I promise this diet will do you wonders!!

Take care and drop me a line anytime you're struggling.

Chrissy xx

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

you've got it.... new
      #158590 - 03/09/05 03:15 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Amy, that is going to be tough....I went cold turkey on sugar for a month and I have to say it really was the hardest hardest thing....my whole life Ive never gone a day without lots of sugar....I have such a sweet tooth and to give that up killed me. I found the first 2 weeks were the toughest....the first week in particular....I found myself just sniffing chocolate and stuff....my body craved it like mad! After that first initial time though it got easier and easier and I felt so much healthier! Having said that I found heathers diet soon after and I started all over again. Heathers diet however has been WAY more beneficial to my IBS than that particular diet was. Im with you every step of the way with this....from one sugar addict to another! And about the binge eating....I do that sometimes too...I did it last night....I had a dairy milk bar, pack of chocolate mini eggs and a bi bag of fatty crisp all within half an hour and felt sooo sick! I dont know why I do it to myself but I understand you completely. I know you CAN do this....we're all here for you so keep venting!!!

--------------------
Natalie

For Amy and Chrissy new
      #158625 - 03/09/05 06:13 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What is a Vega test? Amy is that what you had done too? Do they put little clips on your fingers and test you that way? I am interested.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Amy, how's it going? new
      #158642 - 03/09/05 06:30 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You hanging in there with your new diet? It's rough to break habits of over 2 years.

Sounds like your eating at night is emotional eating. This is very difficult to beat. But nothing to be embarrassed about, sweetie! I don't want to offer an inaccurate suggestion, but do you think you may have an eating disorder? I only mention this because in a latter post you mentioned that you hide the "stash" of food, and do this in secret and then feel ashamed and guilty, like you did something horrible by eating.. That is a common Eating Disorder behavior.

I hope I have not offended you. You know how I feel about you, sweetie. I just want you to be happy and healthy and get this under control. Keep us in touch with your progress and your need for support. You know we are all cheering you on and hear to listen and help you through this struggle.

Lots of hugs and love to you.
Beth

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Sorry I haven't posted today, really struggling. new
      #158643 - 03/09/05 06:32 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Just stick through it Amie, things will get better and easier! You will fall into your groove of what foods work for you and it will become second nature to you.

--------------------
-Sheri

Beth... new
      #158899 - 03/09/05 05:37 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It's pretty hard. I could give up the sugar okay, but having to give up wheat and dairy too is driving me crazy. It feels like there's nothing left to eat once you remove all 3 from the diet!
I did wonder about an ED because I do hide my stash. Every now and then I'll let DH look in my drawer at just how much stuff I have in there and he's always completely shocked. Mostly though I hide it in there, in shoeboxes, drawers, under the bed. And every night I promise myself I won't eat like that tonight, then I sit there for 5 minutes being really good, decide 'well maybe just one piece won't hurt' then gobble like half a block of chocolate, a tub of frozen yoghurt, a packet of chips and then start on the chocolate again. When I feel sick enough I'll finally stop and lie there with my washing machine tummy groaning and protesting and feeling guilty about having put that much junk into my body and wondering why I can't seem to stop. It's really an awful thing.
On the plus side I'm suddenly sleeping again. I think all that sugar was giving me insomnia!
And I keep telling myself that this way of eating is only temporary. I plan to try and stay off the sugar for good but would like to have just the tiniest bit of milk on my brekkie and some wheat in my diet (sorry, you probably wish you could too, you're on a GF diet aren't you?).
Thanks for asking how it's going. Speaking of which, how are you going? Did my last email about the messenger make sense? Hope you're doing okay.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Okay guys (deep breath). I REALLY need your love and support... new
      #158902 - 03/09/05 05:40 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Amy, I am sorry I did not see this until now. You're in my thoughts and prayers. You will def. have the support of me and everyone else on the boards. All the best.

--------------------

Natalie, sniffing chocolate! new
      #158903 - 03/09/05 05:40 PM
doubletrouble

I'm doing that too! It's like I'm trying to torture myself or something. I stood in front of the fridge with the maple syrup jar for ages yesterday just smelling it! DH thought I'd finally gone round the bend. Then yesterday afternoon I made a cup of Lipton Choc Orange tea (can't drink it, I'm not allowed black tea atm) and took it around with me just smelling it. DH asked me what the heck I was doing! But it just smelled SO good! Bit weird huh?

--------------------
Amy

Thanks Tommy! new
      #158905 - 03/09/05 05:45 PM
doubletrouble

I knew you'd be there somewhere!

--------------------
Amy

Chrissy and Beth . I'll email you-nt new
      #158906 - 03/09/05 05:48 PM
doubletrouble

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 824 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review