All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Isabel new
      #158069 - 03/08/05 12:37 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Don't worry too much. The naturopath said that most of the intolerances are only temporary and that once my system starts to heal I should be able to eat most of them. So I'm pretty much only on this diet for a month then I get reviewed in 20 days. I have to take a billion pills and potions though. Hope it works for us both!

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Okay guys (deep breath). I REALLY need your love and support... new
      #158091 - 03/08/05 02:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Amy, this is what your body needs to be healthy!!! It will be hard but just know that in the long run it will make you feel better. We will all be here to hold your hand.

You can do this!

Re: Thanks guys.... new
      #158093 - 03/08/05 02:40 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Whoops! I thought we could send private messages as shown on the 'My Home' page, but it seems to be disabled. You can email me at dozyveeny@yahoo.co.uk

Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about - I told you so much about myself just so you would know you are not the only one - it can be a pretty lonely place.

I hope you succeed and I definitely did not mean to discourage you from doing it this way, just in case it came across like that - my way probably took about ten or twelve years, so anything that gives you back your life quicker than that has to be worth trying! And, yes, it can definitely be beaten and doesn't have to mean never eating those foods again (provided they are IBS-safe of course) I do now eat sugar, for example, but in reasonable quantities and without triggering cravings.

On a practical note, one of the things that has helped me is eating enough protein, which I didn't used to do. Also keeping fat levels low - even now almost the only times I get the craving for chocolate is if I have eaten something with a bit too much fat earlier. This may not be the same for you, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Best wishes,

Josephine

No fructose! new
      #158135 - 03/08/05 06:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yow. Just re-read this and saw the no fructose...how come? That limits the fruit and veg you can eat to not much at all! Eeek.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Find something you CAN snack on (corn cakes?) and get loads of those in and if you get cravings, drink a glass of water and then eat them (the water helps to make you feel full). If I have something else instead of just trying to resist putting anything in my mouth, I find it easier.

#158152 - 03/08/05 07:01 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

hang in there sweetie! You have had such a rough time with things. I really hope you find the strength you need to go through this!

#158176 - 03/08/05 07:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So sorry its been such a rought ime for you lately! I don't have anything else to add to whats been said but wanted to offer my support as well!! Hang in there, you CAN do this!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#158187 - 03/08/05 08:21 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know how you feel about bedtime snacking. I'm the WORST for that. Try to keep your hands busy. For example, I have a hand held nintento game boy. It keeps both hands busy whereas a book only keeps one hand busy. Give yourself something to do at bedtime. Either watch TV and do some knitting or crocheting, or something that keeps your hands busy!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Sorry I haven't posted today, really struggling. new
      #158508 - 03/08/05 08:41 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Well as you know from my other post DH is really sick and has been throwing up. As a result I'm on my first day of detox with a headache, feeling really tired and depressed and three kids to try and keep out of his hair
Plus this diet sux! I have to eat wheat free, sugar free, dairy free and soy free. I am allowed minimal apples but no yeast either. So I have cook books that have dairy free meals, or wheat free meals but all of this combined pretty much rules out all food and I've been on so many of these restricting diets I feel like I haven't eaten forever! Sorry, feeling very mad and very frustrated right now. It's going to be a LOOONNNGGG 4 weeks. Thanks for listening and thanks for all your support. I've got so much I want to say to all the posts today but just am in too bad of a mood to type.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Sorry I haven't posted today, really struggling. new
      #158521 - 03/08/05 09:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You ROCK Amy!

You're doing it. It is HARD...but sooooooooo worth it! You WILL be depressed and go through sooo many emotions....but it will change your life for better in the long run. Hang in there *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hang in there! new
      #158572 - 03/09/05 02:19 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Lots of rice, veggies and fish sounds like the ticket! It's boring, but it's safe. Can you have carrots - they're quite nice and sweet.

Good luck!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review