All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Thanks Amie! new
      #156595 - 03/03/05 02:49 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I don't get "Cheap" kosher chicken, but its less if I'm willing to buy it at the last minute before shabbos.. at least at one of the local butchers.. and its close enough to the house to get home... but I used to have Fri's off work, so I could go Fri afternoons, now I don't.. but DH works over there sometimes so hopefully he'll be able to stock up for me...

will he eat stews? those work too... DH likes soup but hates stew.. I make cholent for me, not him!

the closest to a stew he'll do is the pulled chicken recipe... you can actually do that with tofu as well if you want.. or with portobello or other mushrooms if you slice them up in advance (they don't fall apart the way chicken does)... or any combination of the above...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

another thought.. new
      #156598 - 03/03/05 02:54 PM
khyricat

try the morrocan sweet potato recipe I posted awhile back- its yummy even without the tomatos and I think thats the only thing you can't have in it as posted.. actually I prefer it without!

it would work well in a crock to stay warm... any stewed vegetable type thing would work- and you could always have a piece of chicken or meat for him if he insists... the sweet potatos feeds an army and is YUMMY.. chili would work well too- use TVP... you can make it without tomatoes and with some vegetable broth instead for liquid to pull it all together.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: Thanks Amie! new
      #156601 - 03/03/05 03:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Amie...can you put portobello mushrooms in your cholent? I LOVE mushrooms (hubby hates em!) LOL But I'm sure with portobellos I could just stick it in and he wouldn't have any.

Yes hubby DOES like stew. Any recipes? At this point...I'll eat anything. As long as it's healthy for me!

Thank you thnk you thank you for being so helpful and informative *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Super duper! new
      #156602 - 03/03/05 03:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Tanks again Amie *hugs* Wish we could have you for shabbos...the cooking would be just like home

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

mushrooms can go in any cholent... new
      #156617 - 03/03/05 03:40 PM
khyricat

mom has left whole button shrooms in and then we cut them up on plates too... for the non shroom eaters.. portobellos cut small are sometimes nto recognized..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: PLEASE Help.........financial woes new
      #156629 - 03/03/05 03:59 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Go to an oriental food market and buy a big bag of rice. It'll cost you about 10 bucks and will last you at least 6 months - even if you eat it a lot. Rice is my staple. I lOVE IT!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

thats why I use 5 grocery places... new
      #156688 - 03/03/05 06:19 PM
khyricat

I watch sales for produce especially.. though I get frozen berries at trader joes for smoothies, etc... use that instead of ice...

and I want to get back to hitting the farmers market but with my current shift I can't do that and need to send DH again and he always forgets to go or goes later and they don't have what I wanted.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

my solution for Bill and that he doesn't like all I do.. new
      #156717 - 03/03/05 07:12 PM
khyricat

is to keep a selection of things he has made or can make that he likes and I don't on hand.. and he can fix himself dinner if he doesn't want what I am making.. but he eats less expensive foods by taste.. as to the gefilte fish- I have a few recipes to make it.. but to be honest- its not safe for you anyway- I guess you could substitute for the gluten, but what about the sugar? though I know someone who used to make it without sugar in israel years ago.. I never liked it.. though the homemade stuff my friend makes every pesach is MUCH lower sugar then the storebought!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5484

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review