All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Wow, what a nice surprise new
      #153703 - 02/24/05 11:51 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It's ok now Beth.

Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks Ruchie -nt- new
      #153708 - 02/24/05 12:05 PM
Sara-Sage

Re: Ahhhh, Tina new
      #153710 - 02/24/05 12:06 PM
Sara-Sage

I will be ok. I think I will have to start packing this weekend. I was going to see my parents but they won't be supportive and that's the last thing I need right now. He'll be away all day on saturday and at work from 8am -8pm on Sunday. He'll be out on Friday night too.

Rachel new
      #153711 - 02/24/05 12:09 PM
Sara-Sage

I am 100% sure of my decision, yes.

One of the things keeping me somewhat positive is that now I am free to find Mr. Right. I am no longer stuck with this guy that did not treat me right.

Sorry about your situation. I am so glad you met a wondersful man though.

Kim new
      #153712 - 02/24/05 12:12 PM
Sara-Sage

I am sticking with my decision, don't worry. He can't convince me to stay with him. No way.

He is much calmer today. He spent the whole day drinking yesterday to "stay calm" as he put it. He hasn't drank today and his dad is giving him some good advice on how to act. His dad is telling him to respect my decison and to support me any way he can.

Re: I said I wouldn't but I can't help it.... new
      #153714 - 02/24/05 12:15 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Sheri.

I think it's good that he knows that a lot of why this relationship didn't work is his fault. He is only now realizing how terrible he was to me. Good. He needs to see that and be very ashamed. But it's too late.

Time will make things easier. I can't wait to move out though.

Casey new
      #153717 - 02/24/05 12:17 PM
Sara-Sage

That must have been hard for you.

I think I am doing better now and will just get stronger as time goes by. I am so glad I did this and stuck to my decision. He made it VERY hard for me and asked me so many times if I was sure. He wanted me to tell him I changed my mind. But I couldn't and won't.

#153767 - 02/24/05 02:24 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Well, you did it. It isn't surprising that the reaction wasn't violent consternation but sadness, apologies, promises to change- which of course makes it harder, doesn't it? Yup, been there. It's because he may be dysfunctional, but he loves you. But guess what? that isn't enough.
Of course, it won't change, but you know that. I'm so glad as I read your post that you're not backing down off your decision to leave the relationship; but I'm not sure what there is to feel right now, relief that he admits it? Don't know, and I don't know if that'd be helpful anyway. Don't tell yourself what to feel, just feel whatever you feel, don't fight it, don't pretend you don't feel it.
And remember that it won't last forever. It'll be done and you'll feel better and be glad you did it.

Re: Thanks everyone... I'm WAAAAY better. new
      #153809 - 02/24/05 05:48 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I'm glad it all worked out in the end Tina. It's only natural to feel sad at the end of any relationship let alone one you've been in for so long. Allow yourself the time you need to be sad and I'm glad that you are feeling positive about the future.

--------------------
Amy

#153960 - 02/25/05 06:56 AM
Sara-Sage

His reaction is making it hard. I do realize that he still loves me even though he rarely showed me.

I am counting the days until I move out! Living with him is so hard as he keeps crying so much.

29 days to go!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review