All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
you're definitely not a jerk or a loser new
      #147559 - 02/07/05 01:47 PM

Unregistered

I can totally sympathize with you on this one. I seriously get like mad at my family members when they get the flu or anything that involves throwing up. Everyone is allowed to have their "things" and Adam I'm sure can understand that this is something that you just can't handle. It's not like you don't care about him or are doing anything mean..you just cannot deal with that kind of situation. You should get walkie talkies or something and he can talk with you and you can see if he really needs anything and that you are there for him, otherwise I think keeping your distance will keep you both sane because otherwise I think you'd be freaking him out too.

So don't feel like a loser or a jerk or anything and I seriously hope from one emetephobe to another that you don't actually get what he has and it was just in your mind...though that's not always much better. Feel better soon anyways and give him a shout from the other side of the house just so he knows you care And of course I hope he feels better too

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel like such a loser... new
      #147563 - 02/07/05 01:59 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I don't know if this helps, but I too hate it when anyone in my family gets sick. I wash my hands sooo much because I'm afraid of the germs! (& avoid being in the same room with them too much.) I usually worry about getting the virus or whatever, but then after I get tired of worrying, I just say to "heck" with it. If I'm gonna get sick, I'm gonna get sick. (But I still wash my hands & play it as safe as possible. ) It totally helps me to do that. Because the truth is that we just can't control everything.

You're not a loser! Just someone who doesn't want to be sick!

Re: I feel like such a loser... new
      #147564 - 02/07/05 02:01 PM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

I kind of get the same way when my husband gets sick. If one of us is really sick, the other one will sleep in the guest bedroom so that they won't get sick. My husband usually understands that I don't want to get what he has. i think it's a completely normal reaction!!!

Casey & not throwing up new
      #147587 - 02/07/05 04:09 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..hope everyone has you fully convinced that you are not a loser by now. I am not emetophobe, not really anyway. I remember once my Mum was out and I was babysitting at home and my brother got sick. I was about 12. I had to change the sheets and I thought I was going to get sick myself. I can still remember the pattern on the sheets.

I NEVER throw up myself, IN my entire life I have thrown up
- aged 6 in my sleep on my Pied Piper of Hamelin book
- aged 17 after a very heavy dessert and big meal
- aged 20 after taking ponstan when I broke my toe (it didn't agree with the beer in my system)
- Aged 21 after taking ponstan when totally sober (i don't take ponstan anymore!)

Is that weird ? When I feel queasy I just get D, not pukey.

Can anyone else relate?

--------------------
S.

You're just like a lot of us. Not a loser at all... new
      #147588 - 02/07/05 04:09 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I don't actually have a fear of throwing up (I have a fear of D, the whole idea of it makes me feel ill and shaky and everything which is pretty funny actually cause I suffer the most from D) but whenever anyone comes home here with a gastro bug I walk round behind them spraying the antibacterial spray like it's going out of fashion, wash my hands every 3 seconds and even sleep on a camping bed in the loungeroom if it's DH! Totally paranoid, it drives him insane and I usually get it anyway. But you have my sympathy. I hope it bypasses you this time. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Casey & not throwing up new
      #147598 - 02/07/05 04:31 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMG yes. I think I've only thrown up a handfull of times too! Once when I was about 16 on our steps going up stairs. Again when I was 27 (me, my hubby and 18mth old at the time all had it together. I will never forget that!) Once after my colonoscopy age 33. The demerol made me do it. Of course I was so drugged that I didn't care. Then again at age 34. My neighbor and I had gotten it the same day. It was really weird. We had all been out at a club the night before. 6 of us and only Howard and I got it.... But yes, I completely hold it back until I can not anymore. I'm emetephobic big time.

Casey, I worry obsessiveley just like you when my kids get it. I worry for like 3 days straight til I feel I'm out of the woods. It's horrible. So I can TOTALLY relate to the shaking like a leaf in worry. You are not alone. Trust me!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Ruchie new
      #147634 - 02/07/05 08:07 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's so much easier to see how wonderful other people are than ourselves. Thank you for giving me some caring advice back . That really meant a lot to me.

Casey has been a great friend to me, and it just hurts to know that someone you care about is having a hard time and you can't physically be there for them.

Yes, we are lucky to have such a supportive group of people on this board. You are so much a part of that. Your replies to other people's posts always reflect the warmth and sincere concern that you have for others. Thank you for that. I'm so glad you came back to the boards. I really didn't know you before you left for a while, but just grateful that you are back. You have a lot of wisdom and humor to add to the website.

Lots of HUGE HUGS back to you!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Casey new
      #147636 - 02/07/05 08:15 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Glad you are feeling a little better. Out of the frantic mode is a good thing!

Boy, Adam really did overdue the pain meds! 4 vicodin alone would kill me. Heck, one or two puts me out! No wonder he got sick to his stomach.

I hope you are feeling even better by now. As they say, "This too shall pass". Thank goodness!!!

Will keep the hugs and love coming your way!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Casey new
      #147639 - 02/07/05 08:34 PM
kel

Reged: 02/07/05

I am new to this site and I think it is great to talk about my problem. Everyone in my life knows about it. I had an episode today and I sometimes can;t figure out why. I ate prunes this am on an empty stomach and in reading about the soluable fibers it makes sense now. My question is if anyone ever experiences a kind of gurgling in their stomach after eating brown rice, fruit, supplements, egg whites and lobster wrecks me! why?! I was also wondering if acidophilus can help? I am on the constipation side of IBS and I was wondering too if the Acacia Tummy stuff will really help? Metamucil and citricil are horrible.
Kellie

Beth *hugs* new
      #147648 - 02/07/05 09:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Beth,

Your words really touched me, thank you. I'm also glad I'm getting to know you as well...and that I came back on the boards. I really missed it while Iw as away. But I'm glad I took the time out I needed to take care of myself! I rode that bike for 20 mins today! Could NOT have done it though without all the support I get here.

Thanks again...and take care of you (((((beth)))))

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5118

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review