All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Aaargh!
      #145644 - 02/02/05 07:56 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

My puppy is driving me insane! I'm really tired from Fibro atm and HE has strained his shoulder so the vet said rest and no walks. I've put him in his crate to try and stop him 1. jumping up and down and potentially harming his leg and 2. nipping me cos he bored. But he's PACING! And whining a bit. He's been out for the loo so it's not that, just too much energy! I'm trying to ignore him, but this is driving me nuts!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aaargh! new
      #145656 - 02/02/05 08:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Your puppy is so cute. I'd babysit him if I could!

#145670 - 02/02/05 08:15 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ugh. I know that stress all too well!! I could have thrown both of mine out the window last night! Rocco peed on our bed right before we got in, so I had to take all the sheets off, put the guest bed sheets on....then we went to bed, and Emeril starts whining SO loud at 1:00 in the morning, so I finally put him in our bed so he'd shut up...he slept for about an hour, stood up and peed all over the guest room sheets and comforter!! I wanted to kill him. So we had no sheets the rest of the night, and I have tons of laundry to do. Hang in there....the good times will outweigh these bad times.... EVENTUALLY!

--------------------
~Cara~

#145701 - 02/02/05 08:39 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Mine is sick at the mo, been curled up in a ball all day with his nose warm, poor thing. I feel so bad I can't do anyhting for him.

~nelly~

#145724 - 02/02/05 09:16 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I know how you feel. When I first got my yorkie he was so high strung he literally bounced off the walls. And the vet said to not let him jump great heights b/c he was still so tiny and would hurt himself. Well jumping great heights happened to be his favorite thing to do. And he would terrorize us in general nipping, eating everything not nailed down, and doing laps around the house at high speed while barking. So I used to give him a bath which traumatized him into sleepiness and then wrap him in an old baby blanket nice and warm and this would put him to sleep for about an hour, so I could have some peace.
He is know 14 lbs and still loves to jump great heights but since training he is at least obedient.

Good Luck,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

OMG new
      #145739 - 02/02/05 09:28 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have never heard of a puppy straining their shoulder!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#146115 - 02/03/05 12:53 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

The stress of puppies - I am getting to know it well!

Getting up at 7.30am for an hour of play before starting my work is completely knackering.Thank god she sleeps a lot (on my foot at the moment).

I can't wait till I can take her for walks - shes got lots of energy and can run really fast already!

Hope Archie gets well soon - trying to get a puppy to rest sounds like a complete nightmare. It's just not in their nature!

Good luck - C

#146141 - 02/03/05 06:05 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Awww, I hope your puppy is feeling better! And you, too

--------------------
-Sheri

#146144 - 02/03/05 06:11 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I thoroughly understand the puppy thing even though it's been awhile. It can be very frustrating especially when you're not feeling well.

Have you asked your vet if there is any safe med to help the puppy relax? Just a thought!

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 847

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review