All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Job Hunt Update
      #143502 - 01/27/05 05:00 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Well, I hope this search for a job comes to an end soon enough. Its starting to get a little stressful. i still have not heard back from the interviews I had from last week. I expected that though since I had met with 7 people from the same company in one day.

Tomorrow I had my second interview with another company. This one also seems promising. I am meeting with the General Counsel of the firm so it should be quite interesting. It also means I have to wear a suit... Dalia and Sinead, take note, Tommy NY will be looking quite spiffy for tomorrow evening, try to keep your eyes on your men and not me ok? SO KIDDING

And as for my current job, well, its just getting on my nerves. Its hard to stay motivated everyday. Today one of our newbie analysts p*ssed me off. I am the only single guy in the whole dept. and she was making comments about that. Then she said something that really got me angry... She said oh for company maybe you need to buy a blow-up doll. I don't know why, but that got me angry and I am normally laid back... So very un-Tommy like... I just walked away because I thought I was going to curse her out!

Anyway, thats the story... Just thought I would keep those of you who have been so supporive an update...

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Job Hunt Update new
      #143509 - 01/27/05 05:34 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Awww Tommy....want me to come beat that girl up for you? HOW RUDE! There's nothing wrong with you still being single!!!! I'm sure if you took a poll of all the other "married" ones you work with 50% are unhappy! Society we live in!!!! You are just waiting for the right girl and you'll find her. "Blow up doll", how old is that line?????

Anyway, hang in there. I'm sure something will come out of all these interviews. It's a tough world out there but I'm sure with your charm you'll get what you want soon in both the job world and relationship world

Have fun at your dinner with Sinead and everyone else attending. It's gonna be so much fun!!!

Oh and stay warm...It is "freaking" freezing these last few days.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#143520 - 01/27/05 06:20 PM
TommyNY

Thank you very much for the kind words Lisa.

No need to come up to NY and beat her up. She's not worth it. This is someone who blows her nose so loud at her desk that you can hear it from across the floor. It sounds like some sort of elephant mating call. She is also so loud, ridiculously loud in everything she does. So not a professional way for anyone to conduct themselves.

WHatever is what I say. Things ar elooking up. Its just a tough time because I am finding it extremely hard to motivate myself to go into work. But, the mortgage people on the bank don't care about that, so I go in...

--------------------

Good luck!! new
      #143522 - 01/27/05 06:21 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I have my fingers crossed for you. Job hunting is the worst (although I haven't had to do it for a while but will in the next couple of years). My little brother just got an apprenticeship and they kept him waiting for 6 weeks after the interview to tell him he'd got it! He was so anxious the whole time. I agree. Blow up doll comment so not funny. Good that you walked away though (not sure I could have done the same). Anyway. Keep us posted on how you get on!

--------------------
Amy

#143523 - 01/27/05 06:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Get a blow- up doll? I would have smacked her! What an idiot.

Tina new
      #143524 - 01/27/05 06:25 PM
TommyNY

If you come down to NY, I need you open up a can of "whup-@ss" on her. I know you have it in you... Hellcat...

--------------------

Re: Good luck!! new
      #143526 - 01/27/05 06:27 PM
TommyNY

Thanks Amy. When I was younger, I would have went off on her. But, as I am getting older I realize that sometimes getting into a confronatation is just not worth it. That's not to say I never defend myself but I believe the stupidity of her comment stands on its own

--------------------

#143534 - 01/27/05 06:51 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Tommy, GL tomorrow! The stress would be killing me, or at least my tummy!

Which job would you prefer? Cuz you're probably going to be offered both, so better start thinking about which one will be lucky enough to get you!

As for the inappropriate comment you received, I'm with all the others. This person is either very insensitive or too stupid to know how big a fool she made of herself. I volunteer my services to join the others and kick some sense into her! What a stupid, insensitive comment. I don't understand why people have to be so mean to each other. What's the point?

Anyhow, wish I could be with you guys at the dinner. This time, someone please post at least one picture for all us jealous ones who can't go! Please?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth new
      #143537 - 01/27/05 07:04 PM
TommyNY

I think my last IBS attack (Tues) had something to do with the stress. It has been very stressful lately for me. I don't really get nervous on interviews or with meeting new people. Its after the interviews is when I feel so exhausted.

I want to thank you for volunteering to help kick this woman in the behind along with Tina and Lisa. So not worth the time though. We joke around at work all the time. i tease people, they tease me. I don't consider myself sensitive at all when it comes to that. but, I draw a line at something like that. I think that was just a low-class thing to say...

--------------------

Tommy new
      #143545 - 01/27/05 07:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When you posted about your "attack" earlier I kind of thought it was probably due to all the interviewing.

Also, that was a good way to phrase her comment. Just low class, so I guess she isn't worth the energy. Guess Tina, Lisa and I will have to find another reason to get to kick some butt! Maybe I should just go bowling and knock some pins down if I'm feeling this urge to exert some stress and pent up anxiety. I'm really quite the unviolent type, so don't know where this is coming from. Guess I really just want to kick some IBS butt, but that's hard since it's not any tangible object.

Anyhow keep us posted on the job front.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2949 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review