All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Job Hunt Update
      #143502 - 01/27/05 05:00 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Well, I hope this search for a job comes to an end soon enough. Its starting to get a little stressful. i still have not heard back from the interviews I had from last week. I expected that though since I had met with 7 people from the same company in one day.

Tomorrow I had my second interview with another company. This one also seems promising. I am meeting with the General Counsel of the firm so it should be quite interesting. It also means I have to wear a suit... Dalia and Sinead, take note, Tommy NY will be looking quite spiffy for tomorrow evening, try to keep your eyes on your men and not me ok? SO KIDDING

And as for my current job, well, its just getting on my nerves. Its hard to stay motivated everyday. Today one of our newbie analysts p*ssed me off. I am the only single guy in the whole dept. and she was making comments about that. Then she said something that really got me angry... She said oh for company maybe you need to buy a blow-up doll. I don't know why, but that got me angry and I am normally laid back... So very un-Tommy like... I just walked away because I thought I was going to curse her out!

Anyway, thats the story... Just thought I would keep those of you who have been so supporive an update...

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Job Hunt Update new
      #143509 - 01/27/05 05:34 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Awww Tommy....want me to come beat that girl up for you? HOW RUDE! There's nothing wrong with you still being single!!!! I'm sure if you took a poll of all the other "married" ones you work with 50% are unhappy! Society we live in!!!! You are just waiting for the right girl and you'll find her. "Blow up doll", how old is that line?????

Anyway, hang in there. I'm sure something will come out of all these interviews. It's a tough world out there but I'm sure with your charm you'll get what you want soon in both the job world and relationship world

Have fun at your dinner with Sinead and everyone else attending. It's gonna be so much fun!!!

Oh and stay warm...It is "freaking" freezing these last few days.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#143520 - 01/27/05 06:20 PM
TommyNY

Thank you very much for the kind words Lisa.

No need to come up to NY and beat her up. She's not worth it. This is someone who blows her nose so loud at her desk that you can hear it from across the floor. It sounds like some sort of elephant mating call. She is also so loud, ridiculously loud in everything she does. So not a professional way for anyone to conduct themselves.

WHatever is what I say. Things ar elooking up. Its just a tough time because I am finding it extremely hard to motivate myself to go into work. But, the mortgage people on the bank don't care about that, so I go in...

--------------------

Good luck!! new
      #143522 - 01/27/05 06:21 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I have my fingers crossed for you. Job hunting is the worst (although I haven't had to do it for a while but will in the next couple of years). My little brother just got an apprenticeship and they kept him waiting for 6 weeks after the interview to tell him he'd got it! He was so anxious the whole time. I agree. Blow up doll comment so not funny. Good that you walked away though (not sure I could have done the same). Anyway. Keep us posted on how you get on!

--------------------
Amy

#143523 - 01/27/05 06:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Get a blow- up doll? I would have smacked her! What an idiot.

Tina new
      #143524 - 01/27/05 06:25 PM
TommyNY

If you come down to NY, I need you open up a can of "whup-@ss" on her. I know you have it in you... Hellcat...

--------------------

Re: Good luck!! new
      #143526 - 01/27/05 06:27 PM
TommyNY

Thanks Amy. When I was younger, I would have went off on her. But, as I am getting older I realize that sometimes getting into a confronatation is just not worth it. That's not to say I never defend myself but I believe the stupidity of her comment stands on its own

--------------------

#143534 - 01/27/05 06:51 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Tommy, GL tomorrow! The stress would be killing me, or at least my tummy!

Which job would you prefer? Cuz you're probably going to be offered both, so better start thinking about which one will be lucky enough to get you!

As for the inappropriate comment you received, I'm with all the others. This person is either very insensitive or too stupid to know how big a fool she made of herself. I volunteer my services to join the others and kick some sense into her! What a stupid, insensitive comment. I don't understand why people have to be so mean to each other. What's the point?

Anyhow, wish I could be with you guys at the dinner. This time, someone please post at least one picture for all us jealous ones who can't go! Please?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth new
      #143537 - 01/27/05 07:04 PM
TommyNY

I think my last IBS attack (Tues) had something to do with the stress. It has been very stressful lately for me. I don't really get nervous on interviews or with meeting new people. Its after the interviews is when I feel so exhausted.

I want to thank you for volunteering to help kick this woman in the behind along with Tina and Lisa. So not worth the time though. We joke around at work all the time. i tease people, they tease me. I don't consider myself sensitive at all when it comes to that. but, I draw a line at something like that. I think that was just a low-class thing to say...

--------------------

Tommy new
      #143545 - 01/27/05 07:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When you posted about your "attack" earlier I kind of thought it was probably due to all the interviewing.

Also, that was a good way to phrase her comment. Just low class, so I guess she isn't worth the energy. Guess Tina, Lisa and I will have to find another reason to get to kick some butt! Maybe I should just go bowling and knock some pins down if I'm feeling this urge to exert some stress and pent up anxiety. I'm really quite the unviolent type, so don't know where this is coming from. Guess I really just want to kick some IBS butt, but that's hard since it's not any tangible object.

Anyhow keep us posted on the job front.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#143548 - 01/27/05 07:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Well, I hope this search for a job comes to an end soon enough. Its starting to get a little stressful. i still have not heard back from the interviews I had from last week. I expected that though since I had met with 7 people from the same company in one day.

Tomorrow I had my second interview with another company. Good luck sweetie This one also seems promising. I am meeting with the General Counsel of the firm so it should be quite interesting. It also means I have to wear a suit... Dalia and Sinead, take note, Tommy NY will be looking quite spiffy for tomorrow evening, try to keep your eyes on your men and not me ok? SO KIDDING Oh, I wish I could be there...we could hang together since I'm kinda sorta but not really solo these day (well, not this weekend )

And as for my current job, well, its just getting on my nerves. Its hard to stay motivated everyday. Today one of our newbie analysts p*ssed me off. I am the only single guy in the whole dept. and she was making comments about that. Then she said something that really got me angry... She said oh for company maybe you need to buy a blow-up doll. You should have replied with..."Well, that would be better they YOU!" Oh, I know you could not really say that...but it would have been a burn on her. I don't know why, but that got me angry and I am normally laid back... So very un-Tommy like... I just walked away because I thought I was going to curse her out!

Anyway, thats the story... Just thought I would keep those of you who have been so supporive an update...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#143598 - 01/28/05 02:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Tommy,

I never officially met you...so, hi! Nice to meet you!

I agree with everything that's been said so far.

That girl (what is she, 5?) at your office...probably felt like the child she is when you simply walked away. I LOVE it! You have so much class! And maturity...

I'm praying for you that you hear back about the jobs soon. I know you can hang in there...but I'm hopin you won't have to!

Anyhow...just wanted to say hi and let ya know you're a great guy! Hang in there

Ruchie -<3-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Tina new
      #143615 - 01/28/05 03:56 AM
Sara-Sage

That's right. I'm tough as nails and you know it!

#143625 - 01/28/05 04:48 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey tommy...what a bitchi thing that woman did in your office!! asaf (my hubby who you will meet tonight) is also job searching and finds his current work soul destroying so you may have some words to share on the matter! looking forward to meeting you!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#143626 - 01/28/05 05:14 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yikes! That was very big of you how you handled the situation with that analyst. You made the right decision, she isn't worth it. Even if you have a joking around environment that was TOO crude for work. I think Ruchie is right on this, you probably made her feel an inch tall by not biting the bait! And if you answered back with an insultm she would still think it was an ok thing to say and that she wasn't out of line, and the jokes would get worse.

Good luck with all the job stuff! I am hanging by in mine now, but within this year I should be somewhere new! *fingers crossed*

--------------------
-Sheri

Ruchie new
      #143637 - 01/28/05 05:38 AM
TommyNY

Hey Ruchie, nice to meet you as well. Thank you for the kind words. I have read you posting about fibro and being up at 358 in the am. I hope you're feeling better sweetheart.

--------------------

Dalia new
      #143638 - 01/28/05 05:43 AM
TommyNY

I am SO looking forward to meeting you guys tonight! I may get to the bar a little earlier than 8pm. I need a drink badly after this week...

I think it will be great that your huddy and I will be able to comiserate.

I can see it already tonight, your hubby, Padhraig and me chatting and you and Sinead talking wedding plans...

--------------------

#143639 - 01/28/05 05:46 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Quote:

Tomorrow I had my second interview with another company. This one also seems promising. I am meeting with the General Counsel of the firm so it should be quite interesting. It also means I have to wear a suit... Dalia and Sinead, take note, Tommy NY will be looking quite spiffy for tomorrow evening, try to keep your eyes on your men and not me ok? SO KIDDING HUBAHUBA!!! LOL

And as for my current job, well, its just getting on my nerves. Its hard to stay motivated everyday. Today one of our newbie analysts p*ssed me off. I am the only single guy in the whole dept. and she was making comments about that. Then she said something that really got me angry... She said oh for company maybe you need to buy a blow-up doll. OMG I would have pissed to!! You should have told her "she sould check a book out at the library and learn some CLASS!!!" I don't know why, but that got me angry and I am normally laid back... So very un-Tommy like... I just walked away because I thought I was going to curse her out! You are a better person than me. I would have cussed her out!! Don't let some B##ch get to you Tommy!! She obvioulsy has some problems of her own!!

Anyway, thats the story... Just thought I would keep those of you who have been so supporive an update... I realy hope the job hunt ends soon and with great results for ya!! Good Luck!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#143646 - 01/28/05 05:58 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Tommy, Don't let the time frame on this last interview get you down! I know the last time my husband did the group interview thing it took forever for everyone in the company to come to a consensus. Then whenever they do reach a decision, they have to go through all the red tape to have everything approved ----before anyone can be offered a job. Nothing can be easy anymore!

Sounds like you have some really good possibilities! Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you soon.

Oh Shell new
      #143650 - 01/28/05 06:03 AM
TommyNY

You always make me smile! Only 3 hours to the big interview!

--------------------

Thanks Sheri -nt- new
      #143651 - 01/28/05 06:04 AM
TommyNY

--------------------

Beaglelover new
      #143652 - 01/28/05 06:06 AM
TommyNY

Thanks for the reassurance! It made me feel better. Yes, there is so much red tape to go through nowadays! I have a good feeling something will work out one wayor the other!

--------------------

Lol Heather new
      #143653 - 01/28/05 06:09 AM
TommyNY

That was to funny Heather... I have been laughing so much this a.m. Trust me it took every ounce of my energy for me not to verbally lay the smackdown on her. And trust me, I can rip someone VERY badly if I want to. I could have made her cry but that's not my style. I actually was very proud of myself for taking the high road...

Thanks for the kind words!

--------------------

*HUGS* G'luck, Tommy! -nt- new
      #143654 - 01/28/05 06:14 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Job Hunt Update - Part Deux new
      #143803 - 01/28/05 11:40 AM
TommyNY

Well, I just got back from the interview. I met with a Senior VP at the company. He seemed like an okay guy. He was a lot different from the first guy I met. The first guy I met was very laid back and friendly. This guy was a little more stiff and rigid. Not a bad thing but I think he wanted to present an "aura" to his position. Whatever. the first guy I interviewed with walked me to the door and asked how it went, and I said great. he said he wanted to make a decision soon and that he wouldbe in touch shortly. SOOOOO, I am in the same position I was in last week.... Like the Tom Petty song goes... The waiting is the hardest part!!...

AND as I just wrote that sentence the recruiter just called me back! He said they love me and that I am the number ONE candidate!! Only thing is that now I have to go and meet with the General Counsel as a courtesy but he reiterated that I would have to mess up big time not to get the job! Keep your fingers crossed, keep your rosary beads handy, and rub your rabbits foot for me because I need all the luck and prayers I can get!!

Time to drink tonight to relieve the stress!

--------------------

Re: Job Hunt Update - Part Deux new
      #143806 - 01/28/05 11:47 AM
Sara-Sage

YAY! TOMMY! Great news!

Have a beer for me too!

#143815 - 01/28/05 11:56 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds very promising!! Congrats!!
I think you deserve a drink!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#143825 - 01/28/05 12:13 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Tommy,
I've been watching your job hunting threads and thinking good thoughts for you!
In exchange have a drink for me tonight in NYC! I'm not securely on the list of non-drinking IBS folks, I can have a glass of wine or two when I feel up to it, but it hasn't been the greatest of weeks tummy-wise, so I know I'd better be careful.
Good luck with the jobs though and I hope you find something that will help to keep you and your tummy happy!
Min

Good luck ("Part Deux") and enjoy tonight! -nt- new
      #143829 - 01/28/05 12:18 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Comebacks new
      #143854 - 01/28/05 01:23 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OK, seeing as you're not going to keep this job any longer, here is what you could have said to Miss Noseblow:

A blow-up doll? I get enough of the air-headed girls at work.

What's a blow-up doll? Maybe you could bring me one of yours to show me.

Or go reeeeally offensive (something I'd NEVER do):

Why is your first solution for me to get a blow-up doll? Are you catholic and have never learned about lube? That's why god invented vaseline, you know. Or maybe your other job is in a sex shop? So which is it, prude or sleeze?

~certainly not nelly~

WOW!!! new
      #143856 - 01/28/05 01:24 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Where the hell are you when I need a comeback line!! LOL
GOOD ONES!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Comebacks new
      #143860 - 01/28/05 01:30 PM
TommyNY

Damn, I thought I was good, but that was great. I actually had thought about a variation of the airhead comment... The other ones, works of genius. I would expect nothing less of the beautiful and multi-talented nelly.

--------------------

Re: WOW!!! new
      #143862 - 01/28/05 01:31 PM
Nelly

Yes, please clear all future conversations with me, Heather, and I'd be glad to be your writer. I will require several sharpies and some large cue cards. Glad you liked them!!

~nelly~

Aw shucks!! new
      #143864 - 01/28/05 01:36 PM
Nelly

Write to offend, I say. No, just kidding. Truth is, anybody new at work who'd try to knock me off base like that would get the same right back, magnified 10,0000 times. People who dish it out need to try taking some too, I say. But rude people piss me off, so I hope I didn't offend your delicate catholic sensibilities, T.

~nelly~

Re: Aw shucks!! new
      #143869 - 01/28/05 01:46 PM
TommyNY

Nahh of course not. I thought the Catholic thing was very funny...

I agree. I have knocked her down a couple of times. This was not the only time she has tried this sh*t with me. Each time I insult her she keeps doing it. So now I just insult but she thinks I am kidding. Like I have told her that her nose blowing sounds like elephants mating or it would be interesting if she could do her job without asking 50 questions a day.. STuff like that. Its just gotten tot he point where if I know I am leaving, why even bother? People with no class never get it...

--------------------

Re: Aw shucks!! new
      #143876 - 01/28/05 01:55 PM
Nelly

LOL elephants!!! So funny. Yeah, dumb people are funny. What will they do next? At least we can laugh about them at their face AND behind their backs.

~nelly~

#143883 - 01/28/05 02:20 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yeah Tommy!!! Sounds like it might be the one! Here's to them picking you

BTW....must be rough having all these women in your corner You're just eating it up aren't ya!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

NELLY!!!! new
      #143913 - 01/28/05 04:31 PM
Sara-Sage

You had me laughing out loud! You're so funny! Next time I had a fight with a co-worker, I'll ahve to get comeback lines from you!

Re: WOW!!! new
      #143914 - 01/28/05 04:34 PM
Sara-Sage

Ya, no kidding! I want you as my personal assistant too!

#143915 - 01/28/05 04:34 PM
Sara-Sage

Tommy can never get enough of us IBS women. I think it's a new fetish. he he

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 591 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review