Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Job Hunt Update new
      #143548 - 01/27/05 07:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Well, I hope this search for a job comes to an end soon enough. Its starting to get a little stressful. i still have not heard back from the interviews I had from last week. I expected that though since I had met with 7 people from the same company in one day.

Tomorrow I had my second interview with another company. Good luck sweetie This one also seems promising. I am meeting with the General Counsel of the firm so it should be quite interesting. It also means I have to wear a suit... Dalia and Sinead, take note, Tommy NY will be looking quite spiffy for tomorrow evening, try to keep your eyes on your men and not me ok? SO KIDDING Oh, I wish I could be there...we could hang together since I'm kinda sorta but not really solo these day (well, not this weekend )

And as for my current job, well, its just getting on my nerves. Its hard to stay motivated everyday. Today one of our newbie analysts p*ssed me off. I am the only single guy in the whole dept. and she was making comments about that. Then she said something that really got me angry... She said oh for company maybe you need to buy a blow-up doll. You should have replied with..."Well, that would be better they YOU!" Oh, I know you could not really say that...but it would have been a burn on her. I don't know why, but that got me angry and I am normally laid back... So very un-Tommy like... I just walked away because I thought I was going to curse her out!

Anyway, thats the story... Just thought I would keep those of you who have been so supporive an update...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#143598 - 01/28/05 02:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Tommy,

I never officially met you...so, hi! Nice to meet you!

I agree with everything that's been said so far.

That girl (what is she, 5?) at your office...probably felt like the child she is when you simply walked away. I LOVE it! You have so much class! And maturity...

I'm praying for you that you hear back about the jobs soon. I know you can hang in there...but I'm hopin you won't have to!

Anyhow...just wanted to say hi and let ya know you're a great guy! Hang in there

Ruchie -<3-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Tina new
      #143615 - 01/28/05 03:56 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's right. I'm tough as nails and you know it!

#143625 - 01/28/05 04:48 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey tommy...what a bitchi thing that woman did in your office!! asaf (my hubby who you will meet tonight) is also job searching and finds his current work soul destroying so you may have some words to share on the matter! looking forward to meeting you!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#143626 - 01/28/05 05:14 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yikes! That was very big of you how you handled the situation with that analyst. You made the right decision, she isn't worth it. Even if you have a joking around environment that was TOO crude for work. I think Ruchie is right on this, you probably made her feel an inch tall by not biting the bait! And if you answered back with an insultm she would still think it was an ok thing to say and that she wasn't out of line, and the jokes would get worse.

Good luck with all the job stuff! I am hanging by in mine now, but within this year I should be somewhere new! *fingers crossed*

--------------------
-Sheri

Ruchie new
      #143637 - 01/28/05 05:38 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hey Ruchie, nice to meet you as well. Thank you for the kind words. I have read you posting about fibro and being up at 358 in the am. I hope you're feeling better sweetheart.

--------------------

Dalia new
      #143638 - 01/28/05 05:43 AM
TommyNY

I am SO looking forward to meeting you guys tonight! I may get to the bar a little earlier than 8pm. I need a drink badly after this week...

I think it will be great that your huddy and I will be able to comiserate.

I can see it already tonight, your hubby, Padhraig and me chatting and you and Sinead talking wedding plans...

--------------------

#143639 - 01/28/05 05:46 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Quote:

Well, I hope this search for a job comes to an end soon enough. Its starting to get a little stressful. i still have not heard back from the interviews I had from last week. I expected that though since I had met with 7 people from the same company in one day.

Tomorrow I had my second interview with another company. This one also seems promising. I am meeting with the General Counsel of the firm so it should be quite interesting. It also means I have to wear a suit... Dalia and Sinead, take note, Tommy NY will be looking quite spiffy for tomorrow evening, try to keep your eyes on your men and not me ok? SO KIDDING HUBAHUBA!!! LOL

And as for my current job, well, its just getting on my nerves. Its hard to stay motivated everyday. Today one of our newbie analysts p*ssed me off. I am the only single guy in the whole dept. and she was making comments about that. Then she said something that really got me angry... She said oh for company maybe you need to buy a blow-up doll. OMG I would have pissed to!! You should have told her "she sould check a book out at the library and learn some CLASS!!!" I don't know why, but that got me angry and I am normally laid back... So very un-Tommy like... I just walked away because I thought I was going to curse her out! You are a better person than me. I would have cussed her out!! Don't let some B##ch get to you Tommy!! She obvioulsy has some problems of her own!!

Anyway, thats the story... Just thought I would keep those of you who have been so supporive an update... I realy hope the job hunt ends soon and with great results for ya!! Good Luck!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#143646 - 01/28/05 05:58 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Tommy, Don't let the time frame on this last interview get you down! I know the last time my husband did the group interview thing it took forever for everyone in the company to come to a consensus. Then whenever they do reach a decision, they have to go through all the red tape to have everything approved ----before anyone can be offered a job. Nothing can be easy anymore!

Sounds like you have some really good possibilities! Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you soon.

Oh Shell new
      #143650 - 01/28/05 06:03 AM
TommyNY

You always make me smile! Only 3 hours to the big interview!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 883 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review