All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Ruchie! new
      #142610 - 01/25/05 02:38 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I think every single person has the ability to be creative. they just need to try. I suck at drawing so I much prefer abstract painting so nothing has to look realistic.

Of course you can do it Ruchie!!! Just try whatever inspires you the most. I find I produce nicer things if I'm inspired.

I also think that art is a great stress reliever and emotional release (just like music). You can be in your own little dream world. It can give you more self-confidence when you amaze yourself with what you've produced!

Big hugs right back at ya!

Go get 'em!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Casey! new
      #142724 - 01/25/05 07:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I had no IDEA what you can do with collage art! I was thinking little kid stuff like I did in grade school...but what's out there is QUITE impressive!

Wow...now I have art coming out of my ears! LOL It's great! I am hoping to go to the store tom. to buy knitting stuff (Bevrs said she's gonna teach me!), and I bought paints and stencils today to get started on a holiday project...and now I have ideas for collage too! When it rains, it POURS! LOL

I was looking at your site yesterday...is the stuff there for sale? If it is...I gotta get a pair of your mittens/hat...they're fantastic!

How did you get into art?

I'm so psyched! Thanks again for getting me started with a post you wrote a ways back...that you believe anyone can do art and we all have a creative side waiting to bloom!

Love ya! *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hi Ruchie! new
      #142731 - 01/25/05 08:17 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

No advice, just wanted to say 'hi'!

Love to see ya back around... and it makes me happy that you sound so happy and your bouncy self is back! You are a new Ruch since you last came around

glad to see you are feeling up to being involved in things!
Don't let us go so long with out an update next time, ok? There are some of us that get worried about ya

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Hi Ruchie! new
      #142734 - 01/25/05 08:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

((Sheri))

Thanks! It was tough for me there for a while. Had to get back to myself! I'm VERY thankful that I'm ok. For WEEKS I was in bed and couldn't do much. I'm truly thankful that I got past that flare and that I am able to LIVE again!!!

How are you doing? *hugs* Hope great!

With love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hey there smiley girl.... new
      #142761 - 01/26/05 01:03 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It's great to see your smile back on the boards. I've been missing it and you sound like despite everything you're doing okay. Hobbies are always handy. I don't have a whole heap of ideas (I'm grateful if I get to read more than a single sentence in a book these days) but before I had the twins I used to love to cross stitch and intially you can start with patterns then as you get better you can pretty much make your own patterns. Anyway. Glad to see you back. See you around the boards.

--------------------
Amy

Ruchie! new
      #142793 - 01/26/05 06:15 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Aww... you're welcome! I wouldn't have said such a thing if I didn't believe it. I've watched friends of mine who swore they were never creative learn how to knit, or arrange flowers, or do ceramics, and it's always the coolest thing to me to see people get in touch with their inner artiste.

Collage art is quite the creative thing! I wasn't sure how in-depth you wanted to try to get with it, but like I mentioned, it's limited only by your imagination - you can make a statement, or make gradeschool art, it's all up to you. For a while, when I felt like my creativity needed a boost, I even journalled as a collage - I had a notebook and a glue stick, and I'd put together one-page collages for how I felt that day. A few words, but mostly pictures. It's a good creative exercise, I think.

I've always been into art. I think I was born with a pencil in my hand. My mother still has drawings that I did when I was 2 or 3, and they're surprisingly good for my age at the time. Both of my parents are creative - my father was a fine woodworker by trade for 30something years, my mother knits, crochets, sews, does embroidery of all kinds, and does a lot of decorating-type-things. I learned how to do all of that by the time I was 7... well, except the knitting and crochet, which I didn't learn till my 20's.

I will eventually have stuff for sale on the site. Right now I'm kind of focusing on technique and practicing my knitting, so that I can turn out things that are consistently good... I'll definitely have stuff up for sale by spring. If you're seriously interested in a hat/mittens set, email me - the mittens were SO much fun to make, I would definitely make you a pair, and I'll give you a "friend discount".

*big hugs* Love ya too! Have fun creating!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review