All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Jennifer new
      #142722 - 01/25/05 07:41 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I read you're letter and it's amazing. If this doesn't do the trick, I don't know what will!

Best of luck getting out of there! I feel for ya.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Now it's war! new
      #142727 - 01/25/05 08:04 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

nice letter! Very well organized. Standing up for yourself in apartment living is a tough battle. I have been taken advantage of by the managment of my apartment complex, and wish I could go at them with the tenacity that you do! Luckily I live in a quiet complex, but I have not had consistent heat for both of my winters here, so this will be my last.
Why are good apartments so hard to find?
And good luck Jen! I hope they come around, they really owe you one. plenty of other tenants would be less civilized then you are, or they would just plain move out in the middle of the night!

--------------------
-Sheri

#142732 - 01/25/05 08:24 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Thanks guys! The votes of confidence really help - especially now.

I am really creeped out now. When I got home from looking at that other apartment, a man was standing at the bottom of my neighbor's stairs. He watched me pull in the driveway, drive past him to my parking spot, and park. Then he stood there for a couple minutes (I refused to get out of my car!), and went upstairs and stood in front of his apartment door! I know he's gotta be my neighbor - never seen these people. Anyways, he stood out there for TWO minutes watching my car! I had my mom on my cell phone at the time and when he finally went inside, I made her stay on the phone with me while I walked to my apartment (had to go PAST his apartment!!). I was sooo creeped out! I did not want a conflict with him. Especially after my BF pointed out that they probably gave him his 3 day notice that if they make any more noise, they get evicted!

Needless to say I felt very shaken afterwards and immediately called the regional manager's voicemail and left a message explaining what happened and that I shouldn't have to live like this. I cancelled my plans tonight so I wouldn't have to walk back outside and will be taking my overnight bag just in case I can't find anyone to walk me home tomorrow night when I get home from school at 9:00pm.

This thing is definitely getting resolved tomorrow!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#142733 - 01/25/05 08:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

((Jen))

WOW! First, I'm sorry for everything you've gone through.

You're studying to be a lawyer, right? If not...you should be!

Let us know what happens...I'm sorry you're going through this. However...I'm SO GLAD you're DOING something about it! YOU GO GIRL!

Wishing you luck...but you won't need it!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Jennifer new
      #142809 - 01/26/05 06:56 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I love your letter! You did a great job of documenting everything. They need to not only release you of your contract, but they should also refund every cent of money you've paid in rent---and they should find you a new and bigger place to live!!!!! (Well, it won't hurt to ask, will it? All they can say is no!)

Good luck! And I hope you get this resolved soon. I can't survive without sleep either.

LOL BL! new
      #142830 - 01/26/05 07:40 AM
Jennifer Rose

Heads are going to roll if I don't get this thing resolved today. I had two IBS attacks last night - I'm sure from all the stress this is causing. Plus I start school tonight so I am determined to get this thing figured out and solved.

I am a little nervous about coming home tonight late and walking to my apartment. Hopefully Mike will be able to come spend the night with me so I won't have to be worried.

Thank you guys for all your responses! They make me feel so much better and encourage me to continue to do the right thing.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Resolution - FINALLY! new
      #142912 - 01/26/05 10:19 AM
Jennifer Rose

I called this morning and talked to Hugo in the management office (who has been a BIG help through all this). He said that I can be released from my lease, no problem. But by law, I have to give a 30-day notice. Which sucks, but it is better than nothing!

So I will be writing my 30-day notice at lunch, as well as a letter of appreciation for Hugo for helping me so much with this.

Moving Days: February 25th & 26th! Already asked for the 25th off.

Thanks everyone for listening to me complain through this tough time. Looking forward to packing without rushing and finding a nice duplex (only one neighbor!) that's right for me. And it also must allow cats because I am definitely getting one now! Sheesh.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Resolution - FINALLY! new
      #142924 - 01/26/05 10:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jen, this is GREAT news *hugs* Way to go!

So, what kind of cat do you want? That sounds exciting!

I'm glad things are looking up :-)

Yippee for Jen!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#142925 - 01/26/05 10:37 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

WWOOOHHHHHOOO!!! This is great news.... how are you going to handle moving expenses??

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#142929 - 01/26/05 10:50 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

WWOOOHHHHHOOO!!! This is great news.... how are you going to handle moving expenses??

Yeeeaaaahhh... that's a really good question that I've been afraid to think about. It looks like unless I win the lottery, Seattle might need to be delayed. Already in the poor house.

All I really have to come up with is the deposit for whichever place I get. I have a few side jobs that I'm doing for family, and I'm going to hurry and do my taxes so hopefully I can get my tax return back in time. My boys move me (this will be their 4th time, though!) or I will check the unemployment office for some guys who are looking for a side job.

Going back to Seattle, Mike had a really good idea. We've always wanted to go on a train trip so we thought maybe we'd take a train up to see you! June would be a better month for that since it's summer time and I don't have any school to worry about. Plus I can save up tons of money by then.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1935

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review