All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Sounds good... new
      #132895 - 12/24/04 05:31 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Let's touch base when we see each other online after the holidays, and I'll get your email and send you my cv. Thanks!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

UPDATE and thanks~ new
      #132896 - 12/24/04 05:50 PM
Nelly

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for posting! I know not everybody caught my hurried message, but a special thanks to Stephie, doubletrouble, Shell Marr, Natalie1985, daliatree, Brittany, Heather7476, Sara-Sage, Tommy1976, AmandaPanda, mindyj, beaglelover, spicey8138, Sheri01, Sinead, Ravenndark, and Michele (congrats, M!!). You guys really sent me off to NY with a tear in my eye. I was so touched by your kindness and helpful comments I even bragged to my friend about what caring people were in my "support group." You guys really rock.

Sara-Sage, Tommy1976, AmandaPanda and daliatree: I'd love to meet you guys in NY sometime. My friend who got a job up there has even offered to have me stay for as she puts it, "an uncomfortable period of time!" (TEMPTING!) She even has an extra bedroom for me at her place in Astoria for me to be her resident hermit. Never been a hermit before. Sounds like fun.

You guys all really helped me out by making me realize that it's the quality of my life I should be more involved in, and I should not be stressing over some stupid work that doesn't even define who I am. Ah, perspective. You elusive slut.

~nelly~ Feeling much better now

P.S. New York sez hello. But beware the $11 appletini.

Missed this one the first time new
      #132897 - 12/24/04 06:11 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Nelly, I didn't see this post the first time around. So, wanted to also just say I'm sorry about the job. Real Scrooge to do it at the Holidays.

You seem to have a good attitude about it. I wouldn't be handling it so well. I'm just an anxious pessimist though! In fact, I admire your whole approach to life. I read your posts so I know how symptomatic your IBS is. I know how restrictive your diet is-more so than many others. Yet you still crack jokes and keep the best sense of humor. Your replies and posts crack me up and that helps keep me going when I'm having a little pity party all by myself in my little apartment with my hot water bottle on my belly and my fennel tea.

I hope some other employer finds you and realizes what a special employee he/she will be getting. GL and keep us updated on everything .

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Missed this one the first time new
      #132898 - 12/24/04 06:19 PM
Nelly

Beth, you're a sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!! That was REALLY NICE!!

Thanks for this, and please remember, I am available for pity parties. Well, all parties, really, now that my schedule's opened up.

~nelly~

Re: UPDATE and thanks~ new
      #132899 - 12/24/04 08:07 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Nelly!! Glad to hear you're in a much better mood! That's awesome. I just got home a little while ago from my parent's house. I am sitting in front of this computer with a glass of scotch right now (I know, very bad for the IBS but hey, I like my drinks, what can I say?).

I am glad you enjoyed yourself in my hometown. I'll meet up whenever you want. In fact, as you already know, I live in Queens, about 15 minutes away from Astoria!!

Thank you for the kind words. That means a lot. Merry Christmas!! Have fun!!

--------------------

You did it again! new
      #132900 - 12/24/04 08:39 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You made me smile. And once again ruined my pity party!!!

Oh, Nelly, keep your positive outlook and keep finding the humor in the crap of life!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#132919 - 12/25/04 10:02 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey nelly
glad my little city helped you feel better...i would love to get together here some time! :-) it would be a laugh! so happy you are feeling better....big hugs!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Well I'm off to NY today new
      #132976 - 12/26/04 07:00 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Hi, Nelly, I only just saw your post - like everyone else who answered, I think it's terrible you've been treated this way! All I can say is, with your genius for strategy and organisation, not to mention your terrific sense of humour, I'm sure you will come out of this situation better than ever: maybe it's an opportunity to look for something in a different - less stressful - type of work. Something more IBS-friendly ...

Good luck in the New Year!

Josephine

#133184 - 12/27/04 01:26 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Glad you had fun! It would be so great for a bunch of us to meet up in New York! I'm in!

Hope you're still feeling better!

#133197 - 12/27/04 01:55 PM
Nelly

Oh it would SO be great! Stay tuned, cos Tommy1976 and I are trying to organize something in New York for the weekend of Jan 8-9th! We have to pick a restaurant and such, but it looks like it's going to happen for that weekend! I'm totally spyched, and I so hope you're going to be there--

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review