All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Well I'm off to NY today new
      #132080 - 12/21/04 07:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I think Sherie said it best, "that just plain old sucks!" I'm glad to hear that you won't be struggling too much financially, that should help take some of the stress off! Have a great time in NY, you deserve it!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#132088 - 12/21/04 07:59 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Thanks, Michele. You're a star! The unemployment insurance really helps, but it's not going to be a picnic (never is when you're out of work). But I do have this one friend who came out of the woodwork to take me to NY, so it's nice to be taken care of, esp over the holidays.

Hope this streak won't last too long! I've already been on one interview Friday, and sent in my resume for 5 other jobs, but nobody's going to hire the last weeks of Dec, so i'm just trying to make the best of it!!

Thanks for the kind support, M! You really rock. I'll raise a glass to you tonight!

~nelly~

Re: nelly new
      #132091 - 12/21/04 08:03 AM
Nelly

Hey chica! Thanks, I guess I was trying to get out of there anyway, but it's always a shock when something like this happens. I literally had my desk packed in a box for 10 days by the time the word came down. So it was like, grab whatever's not nailed down ("severance package") and get the heck outta dodge.

The NEXT time I go to NY, you're going to be there, hear me, Sheri??

Dog sez hi!

~nelly~

#132092 - 12/21/04 08:06 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh boo that sucks..

for this i'll tell you my favorite quote...
when life hands you lemons.. stick them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger.

ehh go to new york.. spend toomuch money and have fun.. you deserve it.

--------------------

Oh, Nelly new
      #132093 - 12/21/04 08:07 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm so sorry about your job. You have enough on your plate right now to be dealing with this too. Maybe God has something special planned for you in 2005. You will be in my thoughts and prayers during the holidays.
By the way, how is your Mother?

#132097 - 12/21/04 08:21 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Nelly, nelly - you SO should have told us earlier - but I also understand not wanting to - something similar happened at my job about 2 years ago and I ended up waitressing for 4 months - not a time I recall happily and not one that I enjoyed talking about at the time either! But anyways, I'm so glad you've found a way to relax here - I'm sure NY will be beautiful this time of year - just take your long johns! It won't be any warmer there than it is here and my goodness have we been shivering the last few days!! On the job thing, also, don't forget that I'm in this city too and I know people who work in your field (you're in event planning right?) - but you should send me a resume and I could ask around for you. Let me know and I'll give you my email if you're interested. For a word of encouragement - I will also tell you that when I did end up waitressing for the summer and half the fall of 2003, once I finally got back on my feet and into the job that I'm doing now, I've been extraordinarily happy with my position here - these things will work out in the end and you'll move on to something better - there's no other option for someone with as much tallent and determination as you have!
All best - and let me know about the resume.
Min

#132100 - 12/21/04 08:27 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh my gosh Nelly. That's really tough news sweetie.

I can't believe that they would not give you more warning and do it right before Christmas.

Do you have any plans on what you're going to do job-wise? Take some time off and enjoy your employment insurance? I'm glad that you have some savings. I have none so I would be really rough if I got laid off.

My heart goes out to you Nelly. try to enjoy yourself in New York today and I am sending you a big hug, a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and excellent IBS friendly yummies your way.

Tina

#132104 - 12/21/04 08:37 AM
Nelly

LOL! Lemons would be an improvement for me.

Thanks for the encouragement. I knew you would understand if I spent all my money. Why can't men get that??

~nelly~

Re: Oh, Nelly new
      #132106 - 12/21/04 08:40 AM
Nelly

My mom is doing exceptionally well, thanks for asking! She's the healthy one in the family and she's taking the radiation like a champ. I really want to do something for her, but all she says she wants is a new pair of slippers. Moms. Gotta love 'em.

I'm so ready for 2005. I'm really excited about the future roght now. Thanks for the bright message and I appreciate the prayers!!

~nelly~

Alright! It's a deal -nt- new
      #132109 - 12/21/04 08:46 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1406 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review