All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Introduction.
      #131676 - 12/19/04 08:43 PM
RDumas

Reged: 12/19/04
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

Hello. I'm a former member of these message boards, although, I forgot what that former "user name" was. But, I "hung out" mostly in the Living Room and had some good communications, here.

I'm Bob. I have IBS. And, a depressive disorder. The latter led me to take a break from these message boards when I felt my depressive symptoms being exacerbated by "other life influences" than this site.

I glad to be back and hope you welcome me. As, I'm starting to go through some new directions in my life, one of which is developing healthier habits. Relaxation/stress management, smoking cessation, and the like. I am thankful that this resource for IBS is available. It (and its members) have helped me in the past and I look forward to being part of your community again.

Thank you for reading this "proper introduction"

Robert "Bob" Mogill, IBS patient.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome (back)! new
      #131681 - 12/19/04 09:12 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know if I remember you from before or not. But welcome anyway. Glad to have you back on board!

Re: Introduction. new
      #131713 - 12/20/04 12:58 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Bob!

--------------------
*Emma*

#131803 - 12/20/04 08:48 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I think I remember you, where you urban rain?? I think that was your screen name and your pic was with your litte cousin or nephew?

Any how, welcome back!

--------------------

Edited by StephS (12/20/04 08:48 AM)

Re: Welcome (back)! new
      #131816 - 12/20/04 09:12 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Nice to have you back!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Yes. -urban rain. new
      #131831 - 12/20/04 10:13 AM
RDumas

I ducked out during the elections, last month. My depressive disorder was being excerbated by "outside influences" to this forum. When that happens, sometimes I get a nasty tongue and lack of judgement. I had to take a break (as I'm doing from most of my family), at this time to ensure appropriate behavior.

Yet, things are good, these days. -going to run a wellness group for my fellow psych. patients. That may be just what the doctor ordered.

Thank you for remembering me. And, I remember all of you rather fondly, although it has only been about a month.

Looking forward to being in touch, again.

Bob.

Re: Yes. -urban rain. new
      #131843 - 12/20/04 11:05 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome back Bob (Uurban Rain)....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#131845 - 12/20/04 11:10 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Just wanted to say hello, Bob!!! I wish I knew what your former name was. I'm trying to think if I remember you. How long ago was it you were on these boards? I have bipolar disorder, so I have struggled with depression also. Just wanted to say welcome.

Steph, you have a much better memory than old folks like me!!!! I remember Urban Rain !!! ---nt--- new
      #131850 - 12/20/04 11:17 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Yes. -urban rain. new
      #131886 - 12/20/04 12:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I thought it might be you, but didn't want to jump to any conclusions. Welcome back! We missed you!!

Phew, it rained but didn't flood! new
      #131912 - 12/20/04 02:23 PM
RDumas

Thanks for the posts...

As for the new moniker, it's a ancestral name (father's side) from the Dumas family of writers. -gunna adopt it (with my Hebrew name, which means born in April), probably within the next couple of years. My surname at the present time, given at birth, is too tied-in with "the mental health system" and health care workers with good intentions but bad judgement calls!

What I mean is that sometimes a person needs to reinvent themselves, not necessary redefine, themselves. -all numbers stay the same, like Social Security, IDs, etc. Only the letters that compose the name will change.

You all are actually the first group I'm using it with. My personal email address is rndumas at msn dot com. -feel free to drop in with a greeting from time-to-time.

Robert "Dumas" Mogill

Re: Phew, it rained but didn't flood! new
      #131932 - 12/20/04 03:35 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Great to have you back Bob, we missed you when you left...looking forward to reading your living room posts again. Hope your health is OK.

--------------------
S.

Re: Phew, it rained but didn't flood! new
      #132024 - 12/21/04 12:23 AM
RDumas

Thank you. -read, reflected, replied, and applied to my own life some of your current issues/woes.

And, thank you for being a catalyst for that... It's good to be back in this supportive forum. It was missed. But, sometimes my illness forces withdrawals from social situations as not to become "publicly symptomatic." Such is an example of "damage control" as expressed in a recent post regarding people who are in denial of issues. Alcoholism, depression, and other maladies that effect others close to them.

Hey, we are all in this together. That is what makes you all have instrinsic value to my recovery. Hopefully, I return the favor, on occasion

That's not only the cake, but the icing, too.

Dumas.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2079 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review