All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Haha! I should do that too new
      #131139 - 12/16/04 04:03 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The Clark Griswold house, hehe. We have one of those, but thankfully it's around the corner and up the hill a bit - you can see the glow from Main St., which is bad enough, but we can't see it here. I should get pictures. Actually, Adam and I are going to drive around town on xmas eve and look at lights, so I probably will. LOL!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank you! -nt- new
      #131140 - 12/16/04 04:04 PM
atomic rose

LOL! new
      #131143 - 12/16/04 04:06 PM
atomic rose

Once upon a time, I used to love winter right up till it finally ended... I don't know what's different now, so I joke that I must be getting old or something. Really, I think it's because I keep moving further north, into places where winter lasts longer. I'm still ok in February. By April or May, I'm thinking, ok, NO MORE SNOW!

And thanks!

What I wouldn't give... new
      #131148 - 12/16/04 04:09 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

to be on a nice warm beach, soaking up the sun. We've been having highs in the 20s for the last few weeks. With the wind blowing, with gusts up to 50 mph, its absolutely freezing here. I'd love to spend some time at the beach to thaw myself out. A white Christmas isn't all its cracked up to be, especially when I have to shovel a mile long path between my house and barn.

Meg

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like... new
      #131150 - 12/16/04 04:11 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Casey, your house looks so pretty with the snow. We've (fortunately only had two little baby snow squals). I have to admit that I HATE snow. I love it at Christmas only and then it doesn't have to snow anymore! Maybe if I didn't have to go to work in it I'd have a completely different attitude but I'm a wreck driving in it despite having an SUV. I tell my husband I need a Hummer and maybe I'd feel safer about driving in the snow
I'm enjoying our December snow free, however, they are calling for some sort of a storm this Sunday night into Monday but guess what?????? I have the day off Monday so it can snow all it wants!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lol... gotta love the Griswolds new
      #131151 - 12/16/04 04:12 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I love looking at houses that are all decked out like that, even if it is a little gaudy... but I definitely wouldn't want one right next door! There's one near my parents' house in Rochester that we drive by every year... although it's not quite that bad. It's actually very tastfully decorated! When I was younger I dubbed it the "Gingerbread House", and the name stuck! I can't wait to go see it when I get home for Christmas.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, I should get a photo of my neighbor's decoration... I love it! They have a Christmas tree on it's side (all lit up and everything) in the front yard, with a wooden model of the Grinch standing behind it as if he's lugging it away. It's so priceless!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: What I wouldn't give... new
      #131159 - 12/16/04 04:22 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm with ya Meg! That beach looks mighty fine to me right now. Ya know, as the saying goes, grass is not always greener on the other side, but darn it that sand looks awful inviting. I'm an anti-snow person too. However, I do feel bad for the people who have never experienced real snow. You have to do it at least once especially as a kid!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: It makes sense new
      #131167 - 12/16/04 04:46 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Good, I'm glad you get what I mean.

Lots of snow here. And I will definitely be tired of it by February!

Re: Last winter... new
      #131169 - 12/16/04 04:48 PM

Unregistered

That is just crazy! I couldn't imagine it being THAT cold! It is my personal theory (keep in mind I'm not so experienced in the winter department below like 20 degrees) but I feel like once you get to a certain point cold is just cold and you can't tell the difference between -2 or -50. LOL, like I said that's just my theory

Re: Last winter... new
      #131177 - 12/16/04 05:04 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

You should definately talk to my brother. He goes to school in upstate NY, along the Saint Lawrence river (about 20 minutes from the Canadian border) where the average temp in the winter is well below zero. Most of the time its actually too cold for it to snow! He'd be the first to tell you that you can definately feel the difference. Where he goes to school, they still where sandals when its 20 degress but once it gets down past -20 that would be risking frostbite.

Meg

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review