All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Woohoo! new
      #131117 - 12/16/04 03:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh, that would be wonderful timing, if you got a bit of snow on Sunday - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Maybe it'll happen on Christmas, too, you never know.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Casey I think I like yours better than.... new
      #131118 - 12/16/04 03:07 PM

Unregistered

...mine

While it has been in the 30's at night here the last 2 nights, I can't say the 70's during the day do too much for that special Christmas feeling And I've only ever seen snow for the first time twice in last 2 years but never actually fall from the sky - I'm still waiting to get to build a snowman too I feel like I'm missing out on something. But anyhow white sand is about as close as I'll get to a white christmas.
But Casey your house just looks beautiful and ya know, I think your decorations are just enough and give the house a nice classic Christmas look. You better watch out though, I might be making snow angels in your front lawn next week Oooh by the way, I meant to tell you, you've inspired me to learn to knit and I'm 2 feet away from having myself a pretty green scarf. Just no where to go in it oh well!

Oh, I don't know.... new
      #131124 - 12/16/04 03:19 PM
atomic rose

I think a white sand beach probably has its appeal.

Really, though, I don't think I could imagine the holiday season somewhere where it isn't cold and snowy, at least in theory (I think this is actually my first "white" christmas). But by February I'll be wishing for turquoise water and sunshine, I'm sure!

Good luck making snow angels in my yard... it's been so cold here (2-3 degrees at night!) that all the snow is frozen hard as a rock. LOL!!

That totally rocks that you learned how to knit! Congratulations! I'm so glad I inspired you, too! Hey, 30s at night is cold enough to wear a scarf! Hehe. Isn't it fun? Wait till you learn to do some of the more advanced stuff... you'll be like me, and have a dozen projects going at all times because you love it so much.

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like... new
      #131126 - 12/16/04 03:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Casey,

I love your house. It's so beautiful. It suits you, if that makes any sense?!

I think the white lights look very classy. You don't want to overdo it either.

Enjoy your snow. We've got LOTS here!

Re: Oh, I don't know.... new
      #131130 - 12/16/04 03:39 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

2-3 degrees?? It's been -20 here the past couple of nights with the wind!! What I wouldn't give for a white sand beach right now!! LOL

Very elegant Casey! great taste new
      #131131 - 12/16/04 03:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am at some point going to walk a couple houses down and take a picture of my neighbors with the "Clark Griswold" house. I mean it is so decorated it makes a glow come through our blinds! I'll post it soon hopefully. The last time I tried to get a picture the lights were not on and I figured they must have gotten the electric bill!
And we here in MN have no snow btw. I can't thank God enough for that fact!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#131132 - 12/16/04 03:42 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, how very pretty......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Last winter... new
      #131136 - 12/16/04 04:00 PM
atomic rose

...we had a couple nights where it was -50 with the wind. I like winter, but I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of that this year!

#131137 - 12/16/04 04:00 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Casey, your house looks gorgeous! You don't need any more decorations, it's simple and elegant. I agree with you about loving a White Christmas. It's been snowing here on and off for weeks and I think it really makes it feel more like the holidays. Unfortunately, I never seem to feel that way anymore in February and March. Why do you think that is??

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

It makes sense new
      #131138 - 12/16/04 04:01 PM
atomic rose

I can't explain it either, but it definitely suits me. The second I walked into it, when we were looking at houses, I felt like I belonged here... kind of weird, hm?

Yeah, I bet you know all about snow right now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3846 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4911

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review