All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Clean Kitchen Tip
      #125887 - 11/28/04 04:26 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

To sterilize your sponges, wet them, pump some soap on them, put them on a plate and microwave them for 1-2 min. They will get very hot and kill the germs. My SIL taught me that this weekend, thought I would share!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Good Advice! Thanks!-nt new
      #125895 - 11/28/04 05:13 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

You can wash them in your dishwasher as well.... new
      #125916 - 11/28/04 06:29 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Re: Clean Kitchen Tip new
      #126028 - 11/29/04 08:28 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Great advice. I am always throwing my sponges out. My husband thinks I am obsessive about it. I can't stand a smelling sponge. I'm going to try this.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Clean Kitchen Tip new
      #126168 - 11/29/04 01:24 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

There's TV programme over here called "how clean is your house" and that is where I learned that tip. They have such good tips I bought the book and I use the sponge one nearly every day.

Here are some of their tips that I have found good:

Cleaning a Venetian blind
For routine dusting, wear a pair of cotton gloves, spray them with polish and run your fingers between the slats. Remove any stubborn marks with a damp sock.

If the blind is very dirty, it is difficult to dust conventionally. Place a towel in the bottom of a bath full of hot soapy water. The towel protects the bath from scratching. Then immerse the blind in the hot soapy water. Shake it and clean it up and down with a cloth or fabric glove. Then drain the bath and rinse the blind with the shower. Hang it out to dry and finish drying down with a towel.

How to clean and deodorize a chopping board
Wipe the board with a damp cloth to clear it of surface debris. Then rub in dry mustard powder, which neutralizes nasty odours. (Mustard doesn't smell until left to mix with a liquid). Leave for a few minutes, and than wash off with hot water and washing up liquid and rinse several times. A board should never be soaked in water for any length of time - otherwise it will swell and then warp once dry. Dry with a clean paper towel rather then a tea towel, which is known to harbour germs. You can leave it to air dry, but it's best to wipe the board over with a paper towel to get the excess water off first.
A final tip to enhance the appearance and ensure the long life of a chopping board is to coat it after cleaning with vegetable oil.

check out their website How clean is your house The "Grime Files" show the houses they cleaned, they are DISGUSTING!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1772 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 456

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review