All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Thanksgiving haters! new
      #125024 - 11/23/04 04:52 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Cailin,

You may not have Thanksgiving... but when you're an expatriate American living in the UK you end up having Thanksgiving with all the other expatriates anyway! The year I lived there we ended up having Thanksgiving for 30 people! (I think there's no escaping... it might be required of you as part of your citizenship).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

YAY for Philly! -nt- new
      #125051 - 11/23/04 06:44 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

My mom is a liar in denial, too! new
      #125059 - 11/23/04 08:00 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

She always does things and than says she never did. She never does try to poison me, but she so does not get the diet. I keep trying to keep her away from that nasty, nasty Atkins diet but she won't do it. The funny thing is that she doesn't even realize what a carb is! SHe looked at a pack of swedish fish one day and said, oh , there are carbs in this? And I was like, duh mom, what do you think sugar is? That is the carb you are SUPPOSED to avoid! She thinks she skips the bread and potatoes and is automatically low carb. ARgh.
As much as I have in detail explained the way I eat to her, she always asks stupid questions. "You can eat bread?" "Pumpkin is ok for you?" "What is the name of a cake that is preprepared I can buy for your birthday?"
or says things like, "Well you can't eat anything!"
"Yes, I can mom, I eat more variety and more nutritious than ever before."
and my favorite...
"You need to make sure you don't get a protein deficiency!"
"mom, I will get sick from a protein deficiency LONG after you get sick and die from eating McDonalds and KFC every day."
SHe has never tried to posion me though! Except on easter I saw soymilk in her fridge and assumed that she used it in the mashed potatoes... I was wrong!
Enough mom complaining from me!
I just found out BFs mom was scrambling last minute to make things for me, but he didn't know exactly what I eat to tell her. He should know by now, but he is too lazy to try and understand, but I don't blame him. Poor guy, I am his second long term relationship with an IBSer. Atleast I do something about it, so he is ok with it.

--------------------
-Sheri

Already booked your ticket too... new
      #125060 - 11/23/04 08:04 PM
Sheri01

there was a special package deal at the airlines!
But, as expensive as Sinead has said it is there, we would have to sleep on her floor! I am sure that a housewife and a county college sutdent with less than half of an associates degree will be able to afford a house...
I got it! We can be barmaids at the local pub! And pick up all of the cute Irish guys! Ok, ok , we will just flirt with them to hear their sexy accents, and than save up our money to send for our dorks*.
*Chris, my BF, is a selfproclaimed dork, and I know that you say hubby rich is one.

--------------------
-Sheri

Edited by Sheri01 (11/23/04 08:05 PM)

Re: Already booked your ticket too... new
      #125061 - 11/23/04 08:12 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Sounds like a plan to me!!!! Thanks for the ticket!!!! Cute irish men!!!! ALL they would have to do is talk to me and I would melt!!!~ SIGH~

I am sure sinead is rolling her eyes right now!!!! HEHEHEHE

Yep we can send for our Dorks!!! (Hubby dosen't know I call him that!! I wouldn't have him any other way though!!!) Kenna can come to!! With the our looks I should be able to affored a nanny while we are working in the pubs!!!

Now watch I am going to dream about cute Irishmen and pubs tonight!!!!
Sweet dreams!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: LOL new
      #125062 - 11/23/04 08:14 PM
Sheri01

Well, I am still in a two year community school getting an Associates DEgree in Business Adminsitraition, than I would transfer to a *real* university and get a Bachelors specializing in Accounting. It is cheaper to do that way, and good to get up your Grade POint Average since classes are usually easy ( I messed up BIG time in high school , so my college plans were limited).
It is frustrating, because I have only had two basic accounting classes, which I loved, and everything else is history, and physical education, and english, etc (all the basics)
I kinda and leaning toward auditing (i know i know I am weird), but don't know the ins and outs yet. I forget the name of the certification. The thing I was refering to was the Certified Public Accountant certification, to get that I *believe * you have to take the exam in which state you will practice. I heard the CPA is REALLY hard, and most people fail it the first two times. But, I do know that are CPAs by me that work in a couple of states, so maybe that is not the case... I will have to ask somebody. Next time our accountant comes into work I will ask him.

--------------------
-Sheri

Yup! And I was just there on Sunday... new
      #125064 - 11/23/04 08:18 PM
Sheri01

watching my Eagles whoop the Redskins butt! Ah, I love Eagles games! Nothing like watching a game in Philly, especially Eagles. They don't care who you are, they will rag on you. If you come to a game wearing another teams logo, they will point to you and chant "A**hole... A**hole!"
They even booed Boyz 2 Men when they were introduced to sing the national anthem (well, a section of the stands I was in did, but not the stadium as a whole).
It is awesome to turn back when coming out of the Linc to see a sea of green filling into the streets.
Hopefully they go alittle farther this year!

--------------------
-Sheri

You both can share my futon! new
      #125093 - 11/24/04 03:36 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

once my bathroom and bedroom are fixed I will have a TINY spare room, but it has a double futon so you guys can share.
You will have no problem getting pub jobs as most people who go for them in the city are here to learn English so you both will have a distinct advantage.
Kenna will have to sleep on the couch though.
What day do you arrive?

Sinead

--------------------
S.

sinead= new
      #125100 - 11/24/04 04:46 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

easy enough, but the mashed potatoes I make are an adaptation of a recipe on here... sometimes I just make them as is, sometimes I boil garlic cloves with them... only difference.. makes yummy spiced taters.. everything else is straight from the board I think! well other then my bread, but I cna share that without thinking about it... and still haven't gotten there...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Sheri!! new
      #125152 - 11/24/04 07:48 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Man, aren't moms bizarre?? She's great when I'm sick, but she doesn't understand that she MAKES me sick, hiding ingredients in the food she gives me! Luckily I don't have to eat with her often!!!

That "Well you can't eat anything!" comment is dead on!!! She says that to me ALL THE TIME. DEEP SIGH!

Glad to know there's someone besides me out there.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3941

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review