Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Cailin!
      #122803 - 11/17/04 10:56 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya!
I just wanted to drop you a quick post as I have read a bunch of your posts lately and work and stuff, and not been able to reply!
So.. Welcome back from holiday - your pictures look awesome! We went to Spain this past summer and had an excellent time!
I'm sorry you've got an infection, that sounds lousy! Nice to get the time off work, though. Nothing worse than having to get through a long day at work when you are feeling yucky. I'm glad you aren't having to take any anti-biotics if you know they make you sick - I had to take some for a bladder infection a while ago and was sick as a dog! Blah.
I stayed home from work today 'cause my tummy has gone a bit crazy, I spent 2 hours watching "Third Watch" and "Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman" -- do you get the same channels as we do? Probably not.. Well, the TV kept me good company today!
Wednesday is usually my good TV Night, we watch "Property Ladder" and now "Musicality" and it used to be Nip/Tuck but I think that's over now, boo.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Oh! And! I thought of you the other day when I went and spent too much money in Top Shop
Talk to you soon!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hope you don't mind!!! new
      #122810 - 11/17/04 11:02 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I had to tell you steph I LOVE NIP/TUCK AND THIRD WATCH!!!

I am going crazy wanting to know what is going to happen on TIP/Tuck!!!

Sorry your tummy is bugging you!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Cailin! new
      #122816 - 11/17/04 11:25 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Steph,

I do get the same TV- BBCs, Channel4 and E4, ITV and Sky etc and we have four of our own channels too which are ahead of the UK channels for shows like Will & Grace and Friends.

I LOVE property ladder- BF and I even bought the book before we bought our house- Sarah Beeney is so straight with the people but they go ahead and make the mistakes anyway. I am usually at the gym so miss it on Wednesdays so I have it to look forward to tonight. EXCELLENT STUFF! Did you see the programme before called the housing experiment it was the 2 gay guys from Scotland trying to do up houses to make a million, hilarious stuff too.

Faking it is on tonight too and I really like that...yippee, will be in and out of the kitchen to check on the boards too of course (laptop sitting on kitchen table to keep me in contact with the world beyond my front door)

I spent my too much money in Zara, what did ya get in Topshop?

Sorry to hear you are sick too, I am not much better and have no meds to take except paracetamol so have to let this thing run its course.

Today I spent in bed til 3pm,but got up and watched a friend's wedding video the one where BF was bestman. the funniest thing I have watched in AGES! yesterday, I watched "A place in the country" where people are selling their houses to move to the country, Richard and Judy they are so funny together and countdown of course, that didn't get me away from a Coronation St repeat either, oh and Teachers, I love that show, do you watch it?

Will have to get out the TV guide and plan tomorrow's TV!

BTW I love nip/tuck too! Haven't watched third watch at all though. I am also addicted to the missing persons programme- Without a Trace, its like Law and Order.

You have all cheered me up with the property ladder news, yippee!
Get better soon

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122832 - 11/17/04 11:56 AM
heather7476

Do you guys get the show Cold Cases!! It is realy good! It is about Old unsolved murder's being solved now!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122855 - 11/17/04 01:04 PM
cailin

No, I don't know that one Heather.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Hiya Heather new
      #122860 - 11/17/04 01:29 PM
Stephie

I don't think I've seen Cold Cases, but it sounds familiar.. maybe from when I was home at Christmas.
I LOVE THIRD WATCH! The problem is, it's not on regularly here (or if it is, I haven't found it) so I've just seen episodes from all over the place.
I just saw one today where Faith was at home after coming from the hospital, in a wheelchair. And she won't talk to Bosco. But I don't know why!!
If you can fill me in until that point, I'd appreciate that! Then I can keep watching.. then maybe need re-filling in when I get back to Canada and it's way ahead of where it is right now!
I love all the Law and Order and CSI shows and everything - I don't think I'll be able to get off my couch once I get home!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Million pound property project!!! new
      #122863 - 11/17/04 01:34 PM
Stephie

... was my absolute FAVOURITE show last year! Not even kidding, I was obsessed! I thought it was so hilarious, bf and I used to watch it every week and eat take-away - it was fantastic! I really hoped they do it again, but then I found Property Ladder.
I like Faking It as well... Did you see it last week about the clog dancer from corn wall turned back up dancer for Jamelia (who I CANNOT stand, by the way!)? It was really funny.
I've never seen Teachers, and I haven't really gotten into any of the Soaps here. I used to watch Hollyoaks with my boyfriend's sister, but I don't really like it.
I think I've seen one Without a Trace but it's usually on the night before I do a 7 AM start and I fall asleep before it's on!
Hope you liked property ladder tonight, I am still watching Musicality and awaiting Faking it!
Ooh, I bought a pair of sweatpants (that make my bum look good), and a hooded top that's really soft and a t-shirt with Woodstock from Snoopy on it that's nice. I also bought a long blue coat in Dorothy Perkins and some black boots that are sexy, but I can't walk in to save my life and they hurt my feet so bad!! I dunno how I am gonna get all this into my suitcase!!!
What'd you buy in Zara?
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Hiya Heather new
      #122870 - 11/17/04 01:59 PM
heather7476

There was a big scene between Cruz, Faith and Bosco Faith shot Cruz and Cruz shot Faith! Bosco shot the the informant!!! Cruz was just nicked while faith took it in the stomack and damaged her spine!!!
Wait till you get home!! All that happend last season ago!!!!! While two seasons ago they left you hanging as to who got shot!! Last season that was the opener!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Million pound property project!!! new
      #122897 - 11/17/04 03:54 PM
cailin

didn't get to see faking it as my brother was watching a soccer match, really enjoyed Property Ladder though, that girl is really making a go of it now, despite a really iffy start. Sarah is my mentor!

Teachers isn't so much a soap as a drama, its very surreal and hilarious. (in some shots there are zebras in the school playground, all the dinnerladies are dwarves etc) I strongly recommend it, it makes me laugh so much.
I have given up on soaps since I was away for a month in February. I used to watch Corrie and Eastenders and sometimes Emmerdale too, but I'd say since February I have seen about six episodes between the lot of them, which is really good for me- however, that timeline also coincides with when we bought the laptop which I surf on and when we got broadband internet access installed...wonder if that has any significance!

HOW did you find sweatpants that make your bum look good, i thought that was impossible, mine make my considerably- smaller-than-it-used-to-be ass seem enormous!

I LOVE the sound of the blue coat, what shade of blue is it? I will be in DP at the weekend (virus permitting) so will have to keep a look out for it. I LOVE the petrol blue colour that is in the shops at the moment, i bought a cardigan with an off centre zip that closes up to my neck and a tshirt that is gathered at the bust in that colour on hols. I also got a fabulous pair of cream pointy stilettos with cutaway detail and brown trim, they are sooo beautiful and look great under jeans. Also got a suit for work, a really nice one thats brownish tweed with a widelegged trousers and a shortish two button jacket. All of my worksuits are too big for me since I got diagnosed so I was very excited about it! Of course being in dutyfree land I got perfume and cosmetics too, but nothing I didn't need.

Dump the clothes you haven't worn in a while, wear the boots on the flight (you'll be taking them off once you get on the plane anyway) convince Adrian he needs to bring very little with him and fill his suitcase. Only bring stuff you love back to Canada then complain that you have no clothes and you'll get given them or better still vouchers for Christmas...perfect!!

I have VOWED not to buy ANY clothes until BF's birthday in April. Unless I get vouchers for Christmas of course...and I might get something on my Paris trip in January, but that doesn't count. My credit card is completely out of control.

I am sitting here drinking decaf tea and have eaten FIVE ADB's which I made earlier, I am STUFFED.

Had that Bernard Matthews Turkey Ham in a sandwich for tea, it really nice, as I love ham sandwiches and was really getting tired of chicken and turkey ones.

Better go, talk tomorrow, will start planning TV schedule then and confer with you!

Hope you're feeling better,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

DP for jeans!! new
      #123048 - 11/18/04 06:32 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Sorry to jump in here, but i love Dorothy Perkins for jeans!! They're about the only place I've found hip english jeans with the length I like! I think they even go up to 37" inseam, which means I can wear them with heels!!

Last year when at Oxford Circus I bought some great black pressed hiphuggers there. I get compliments on them each time I wear them!!

~nelly~ (Anglophile)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5531

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review