All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: LOL! High heels! new
      #123255 - 11/18/04 02:11 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can only dream about cute shoes!!! I have really bad feet, even before this latest accident. I had a problem with the growth centers in my feet and was in leg braces when I was little. I have worn orthodics since I was in 6th grade. The orthodics prevent me from wearing anything that isn't lace up. I typically wear a pair of black leather ankle boots but it was SO hard to find even a ankle boot that could accomadate my orthodic!! Two years ago I paid $350.00 for a custom made pair of sandels. They aren't really cute at all, they look like birkenstock regular sandels but it was a relief to at least be able to wear capri pants and skirts without having to wear tennis shoes with them!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Michele!!! new
      #123258 - 11/18/04 02:14 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

My mom has the same problem and also paid about that much for a pair of sandles!!! HUGS FOR YOU!!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Sinead & Nelly!!!!! new
      #123261 - 11/18/04 02:15 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

my foot is square! Its wide but a UK 5.5 (US 7.5) I buy a size bigger in the pointed toe ones and they work fine. (mostly)

The fabric in the background of the cream shoes shot is the fabric for the tweed suit I got on hols. I was thinking the shoes might look FABULOUS peeping out from under the wide leg trousers.

Your outfit sounds great Nelly, I always buy 3/4 sleeved shirts, the cuffs get in the way otherwise! And I love widelegged pants for work.

I usually wear pretty sensible square toe boots to work but change when I get there, not sure if I could last a whole day in my fabulous cream shoes, but if could wear those goldones to a wedding I don't see why not...

The brown boots are really comfy, I got a pair of cream low waist corduroy flared pants to wear with them and they look superb together.

ABSOLUTELY NO CLOTHES BUYING TIL APRIL. (UNLESS I GET VOUCHERS FOR CHRISTMAS )

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Michele!!! new
      #123262 - 11/18/04 02:18 PM
michele

Yeah, I think I'd rather go to the dentist, than go shoe shopping and I hate and fear the dentist!! I have to shop at speciality shore stores, its usually where all the really old people shop. Its very hard trying to buy a pair of shoes to fit my orthodics that don't look like I pulled them from grandmas closet!

I try to be some what fashionable but I've come to accept that cute shoes just aren't for me!! I've always wondered what Stacy and Quinton from What not to Wear would do about it??!!

--------------------

ROTFL!!!!! new
      #123264 - 11/18/04 02:21 PM
heather7476

Loc: South East Michigan

They would probably tell you pay some more money for more special made shoes!!!!LOL!!! Who cares anyway they are just FEET!!! If ya think about they are gross any way, on any one!!! That's my view!!!!
But I know what you mean my mo is always B**ching about how she misses cute shoes!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Michele!!! new
      #123266 - 11/18/04 02:23 PM
cailin

there's only one thing to do...compensate with bags (purses)!!!
A friend of mine has the same problem as you- one of her feet is three sizes small than the other so she has to wear shoes that come up over her instep. She's lucky as she's an elementary school teacher so she can wear sneakers and casual shoes all the time, but she has a very hard time getting good formal shoes.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: ROTFL!!!!! new
      #123273 - 11/18/04 02:40 PM
michele

Cute Purses, I like that idea!! I'm pretty over the shoe thing now that I can at least own one pair of sandles, no matter how hippy looking they are!! Right now, I would just settle for walking in any shoes instead of these darn crutches!! I'm going home for the night, chat with you all tomorrow!!

--------------------

My coat and shoes! new
      #123279 - 11/18/04 02:58 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Here is a picture of my DP Jacket and boots, which I still can't really walk in without looking like a fool.

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: My coat and shoes! new
      #123281 - 11/18/04 03:00 PM
cailin

Fabulous! That colour coat will be stunning on you with your pale skin and blonde hair...really cheery for winter too.

The boots are cool, but do look like a challenge to walk in!!! Best of luck!!

PS aren't we the saddest taking photos of our clothes to show each other...I LOVE IT!
Sinead

--------------------
S.

oooh sinead and steph, I love H&M! new
      #123328 - 11/18/04 04:23 PM
Natalie1985

Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

oooh you guys are making me soo jealous all this talk about top shop h&m and zara....I love those shops...just been in all three of them 2day and got depressed in warehouse at how I will never be able to afford anything in there! I love H&M cos its just soooo cheap....fantastic for poor students like me....Im literally living off the pennies at the moment...and Im not kidding...17p in my purse to be exact..I really need to sort out this part time job situation...I keep putting it off...and the food in my cupboard is decreasing by the minute(PMT!LOL!) Ive already planned my christmas list of clothes that I desperately want....oooh you're getting me all excited now! Oh and by the way....steph I totally agree with you over jamelia....dont like her either...and as for Nip/tuck and faking I love them! Me and my flatmates are having more and more nights in infront of the beloved box now that we are all so skint....Anyone excited about Im a celebrity starting this weekend???...I know Im sad...I try to hate those damn reality tv shows...but I just get too addicted! Roll on X Factor this wknd! Anyone got a favourite? Sinead if you watch it...dont you just love tabby....proper irish charm! lol! xx

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1051 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5561

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review