All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
And, LOVING IT!!! new
      #118123 - 11/02/04 01:09 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

Hey, ladies...

-just diverted a call from my sis. She has the gall to try and tell me who to vote for... -handed the phone over to my Mom in her mid tirade. Hey, it was good for a laugh. She hasn't grown out of her "college girl" mentality. Kinda cute, actually.

I will let you in on my strategy this time as you are like family... Will only vote on the issues that affect California...health issues, police & public services, Indian gaming & the like.

Yes, I support my party and put my money where my mouth is; but if I voted for Bush and we have another 9-11, the guilt I feel would be unbearable. Hey, I can live with this...

It's really all about the ideologies of the political parties and ultimately the American people.

Peace, Love & may the best man win!!! Salaam, to my Middle Eastern friends...

Bob (the forever very moderate Republican)

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

2 hours in line in Berks County, PA! Sore back and feet, but worth it!!!-nt- new
      #118132 - 11/02/04 01:30 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

--------------------
IBS-D

Man it only took me 15 min!!! N/T new
      #118140 - 11/02/04 01:47 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Man it only took me 15 min!!! N/T new
      #118144 - 11/02/04 02:08 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

man- hope I'm as lucky as you are Heather- but there are some major local issues... and also we're in the A2 area so a lot of people stepping out for proposal 2 who might otherwise not even have shown for a presidential election.. I was amazed at the # who turned out for some of the prayer services and rally's I attended! then again- a law that would take away benefits people already have is stupid in my book... even if I wasn't pro GLBT rights I'd be against proposal 2!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: who's voting today? new
      #118150 - 11/02/04 02:17 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

We voted in the Boston area. My husband had a line this morning but I think it was the morning rush hour. I went in with my 13 year old after school. (no line then) She is VERY interested. She watched the debates and followed the press coverage in the paper. She wanted to vote. I took her with me to at least see the process in action.

I think the polls should be open later then 8 p.m. that might help with the lines. Thats got to be a huge turn off for some people.

Take Care!

Re: who's voting today? new
      #118225 - 11/02/04 04:50 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I voted absentee last week too ... So much simpler than going to the polls!

I've been hearing about long lines all over the place - I guess everyone finally got motivated ...

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: pierce brosnan new
      #118231 - 11/02/04 04:57 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

The Brosnan thing made the news here because he is Irish and being viewed as a traitor..or would be if he had done so to vote FOR Bush!
There was unbelievable security when Bush came to visit here in June, they were so scared that there would be a a big antiwar March that they kept him within 10 miles of Shannon airport on the west coast and closed all the roads around!

I am against celebrities endorsing candidates and I think that there is more to citizenship than voting "against" someone. I would never surrender my Irish passport either...but I guess Hollywood changes people and they believe that them doing something that they consider symbolic will in some way make a difference..but really all it does is get them column inches.

OK, someone stop me talking politics!

I am on CNN.com looking at the results but its 1am here so i need to go to bed! (i have a problem, i admit it)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

I did! new
      #118255 - 11/02/04 06:12 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I voted this afternoon. Didn't take long at all. Now I'm biting my nails and waiting.

tee cee!! new
      #118257 - 11/02/04 06:44 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey! hows your son doing?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I did! new
      #118258 - 11/02/04 06:47 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I went at 8 am with my little guy and we were out by 8:30am. I live in an area with only two precincts. But it was starting to get packed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4636 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4845

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review