All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: consoling myself with the cheesecake brownies ... new
      #100767 - 08/23/04 09:29 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Amanda, men are pretty much {{{STUPID}}}, I don't think any of them really get it. So, eat your brownies honey, its exactly what I would do.

You know, I remember my Mom knitting when I was a young child. I think it is time for her to teach me, I would hate to have that opportunity pass me by !! I will let you know how it goes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Knitting to the Rescue! new
      #100778 - 08/24/04 04:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

the picture didn't work, but I'd love to see it.. I knit and crochet a ton myself... its how I control my stress levels.. I have a telephone based job and I often am knitting or crocheting at my desk while working.....

just let the fingers take the stress and put it into the stitches... I also spin, wonderfully relaxing and beautiful yarns for later...

I have a cousin and brother in law who are lawyers as well as my father in law and grandfather.. I don't envy you at all, but look at it this way- if you KNOW that some of this companies are interviewing you on the schools orders, so they won't be the ones to hire you, take each interview itself seriously, but know that some of the companies wanted to interview you, so the perfect job will come around.. it will just take time.. its not easy.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Knitting to the Rescue! new
      #100784 - 08/24/04 04:46 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am able to see the picture it is beautifull maybe I need to get my aunt to teach me HUMM

--------------------
Heather7476

#100834 - 08/24/04 08:23 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through lately. You poor thing! I totally understand the stress of interviews. I thought I was never going to get my job! But I can tell just from chatting with you that you're a very intelligent woman and there's no doubt in my mind that you'll find a position someday soon. I also completely understand the stress involved in a long distance relationship. They're certainly not a lot of fun. Just remember, you can always come chat with us if you're feeling lonely. I know I'll be doing just that when I move up North by myself in about a week. And don't ever worry about whining to us. We all whine sometimes, that's the beauty of these boards! We're here to help each other through tough times!

Now go enjoy those brownies...

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#101485 - 08/26/04 06:47 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Heather, don't be silly! You didn't offend me at all. In fact, that probably exactly what I would have said to a friend in my position. You were just telling me to evaluate the situation.

The good thing is, the boy is going to be here briefly this weekend, on his way to LA for a wedding, so at least I get to see him. Whenever he comes to nyc I always have to share him with all of our friends, but we do get our alone time too. I can't wait! I'll see him tomorrow!!!

On the job search front, things are looking the same. I am up to 3 rejections now, and still waiting to hear from the last 2 firms I interviewed with. It's pretty annoying because the third interviewer actually told me I was a great interview, and then I got rejected ..... which means that I never had the job going in there in the first place. My school thinks they are doing you a favor by making these firms interview people they normally wouldn't choose, but I think it's just a waste of time and sets us up for dissapointment. Anyway this is not the end of the process ... I'm sure I'll be mailing out the resumes all year. Oh well, I guess everyone has to go through it.

I only have one brownie left so I'm saving it for a real crisis!

Thanks for the love!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Thanks Everyone new
      #101487 - 08/26/04 06:48 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm sorry I slacked off with the replies. You guys are the best! Thanks for all the support. I love this board.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#101491 - 08/26/04 06:55 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am gald I didn't offend you. Somtimes it is hard to say somthing on the boards because it can be taken the wrong way.
Job hunting sucks. But you will find the job that is just right for you it may take longer than you like but you'll find. Just have faith.
I am so glad you will get to see your man this weekend Enjoy hon
Good luck and Big Hugs

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1879 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1729

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review