All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Exercise video - need a good one
      #268250 - 06/08/06 06:04 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I have been looking for a good exercise video. I have some old aerobics videos but they don't seem to do much to work on my abs. My stomach just doesn't want to go away, although my rear end has. What do you use?

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Edited by J82901 (06/08/06 09:33 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have a few good ones new
      #268302 - 06/08/06 11:05 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey there,

I am always looking for good workout videos/DVDs.
My very favourite one, and is really good for your abs if that's what you're after, is called "Fat to Firm: Ball workout for dummies" or something along those lines (I know it says "Fat to Firm" and then something about a ball workout). It is part of the "for dummies" line and is a whole workout from an exercise ball. It's great.
My other favourite is also "for dummies" and it is called "Shaping Up With Weights For Dummies". It is a full body workout with handweights.

I'm not sure if these are just DVDs or they come in video form too, but another one I really like is called "Ten Minute Solutions". I have one called "Target Toning" and it is split into 10 minute sections (so 10 for legs, 10 for arms, 10 for butt, 10 for abs and 10 for stretching). And another one that I just got that's a kickbox bootcamp thing. I haven't mastered that one yet *but* it has an abs section that is really hard!

If you are really wanting to work your core, there are LOADS of pilates videos and DVDs that are probably good. I have heard the windsor pilates ones are good, but I think you have to order them.

Good luck, hope you find a good one!

Oh, P.S. Maybe try doing a board search for "workout video" or "fitness dvd" or something 'cause I think there may be some other posts about this too, and maybe there are some there that I haven't mentioned!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Steph, thanks for the information. - nt - new
      #268322 - 06/08/06 01:11 PM
Double J

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: I have a few good ones new
      #268339 - 06/08/06 02:53 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

ive been using turbojam, it focuses mostly on abs.. its a fast workout but its fun!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Thanks .. I will take a look - nt - new
      #268411 - 06/08/06 08:59 PM
Double J

--------------------

Re: Exercise video - need a good one new
      #268532 - 06/09/06 04:02 PM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

I'm a big fan of videos!! I like the tae bo, winsor pilates...I just bought the biggest loser workout. I have 2 friends that absolutley love it. I'm also going to try budakon....It's cheaper than the gym...

Re: I have a few good ones new
      #268534 - 06/09/06 04:06 PM
polly2004

I like that one too..

What is budakon? - nt - new
      #268569 - 06/09/06 06:45 PM
Double J

--------------------

Re: What is budakon? - nt - new
      #268626 - 06/10/06 10:01 AM
polly2004

it's like martial arts mixed w/yoga...it's good for strectching and strength...if you google "budakon" you can read about it. since i run, i need to stretch and strengthen, so i thought i would try it....i'll let you know how it goes. i like trying new things.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review