All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
major soreness
      #253191 - 03/20/06 11:44 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

as i said in that other post, i am intensely sore from my personal trainer making me do lunges till i crumpled. i'm probably going to be feeling this, to some degree, for most of the week. i feel pretty sure i shouldn't go back to lunges and squats till i'm not sore any more, but once i'm not hobbling, can i do cardio? or will that hurt more than it'll help?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: major soreness new
      #253219 - 03/20/06 01:29 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I say do cardio today if you can.... you will be surprised that the sooner and the more that you move...the less you will hurt....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#253232 - 03/20/06 02:23 PM
robcl

Reged: 02/07/06
Loc: Arkansas

i agree with Shell, i would get sore alot from lifting, then be expected to dance or lift people in theatre at night. especially if its leg soreness hit up 20 minutes of light stair master- then move on to incredibly light but high rep sets of leg extensions and leg curls, then just stretch as much as you can... tylenol arthritis helps, and so does absorbine jr. youll be good to go.

#253235 - 03/20/06 02:25 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

oof, stairmaster sounds a little daunting. i was thinking that some time on the elliptical might be good - my quads are what're really sore, and i'm not really a stairmaster person on a good day. i should wait to do real weight work until i'm not sore any more, right?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#253237 - 03/20/06 02:31 PM
robcl

Reged: 02/07/06
Loc: Arkansas

oh yeah, real weight work should for sure wait, i just meant some pump sets, for a little blood flow, and eliptical machines are great. walking for me just does not give enough pump to the quads, eliptical machines are a perfect choice and probably alot better for your knees especially after lunges. i feel for you 100%

#253250 - 03/20/06 03:12 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

As everyone has said, definetly get moving a little. The elliptical would be ideal just don't over-do it, and do light stretching, but lots of it. Don't expect to stretch as far as you normally do.

Never do weights on muscles that are sore, it's just gonna take longer for them to heal. You may see people at the gym doing weights everyday, and that is because they target a different muscle group everyday and end up working out each area of their body once a week.

Hope you feel better soon!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2040

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review