All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 12/23/05
      #233054 - 12/21/05 09:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/23 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/23/05 new
      #233644 - 12/23/05 08:35 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I sleep past noon, often, so breakfast is often less "mainstream"/traditional these days & I don't eat until nausea passes and sometimes that's not until 2 or so in the afternoon!

spaghetti squash
spinach/cremini mushroom sautee
fines herbs

steamed potato (whipped with leftover spinach & organic chicken broth-green mashed potatoes, in effect & very yummy) &
roasted eggplant & zucchini slices (I keep forgetting how much I love eggplant, and reading jaime's post, yesterday, I got a craving!)
chevril & McCormick's Garlic & Herb seasoning & Celtic Sea
Salt

Rice Krispies
Monsterous decaf with Rice Dream on the rocks (i.e. ice)

UFO: flat diet gingerale (feel much less nauseated with flat diet gingerale)

Still in an "A-hole" & things are starting to blow. I haven't had a solid formed bm in quite awhile & the first few generally are butt-busters.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/23/05 08:38 PM)

#233661 - 12/24/05 07:12 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Well, everyone knows how bad my day went (because of my C to D attack!), which I've never had before.....it sucked. But, I pulled through and lived to tell about it....

Mini Bagel
Chamomile Tea

Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Chamomile Tea

Cream of Wheat
Chamomile Tea

Losing weight again....107 lbs. NOT GOOD!! It seems like I just cannot make it to 110 lbs. I was doing well at 109 and thought I was going to make it to 110 by this weekend and I had 2 bad..... set-back attacks this week. Took me a month just to gain 5 lbs, now I've lost 2 in what....A WEEK??? But, I'm determined!! I will do it!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Michele: re: setbacks new
      #233669 - 12/24/05 08:23 AM
Wind

I'm willing to bet that it's just a water fluctuation. Seriously, it takes a long time to gain weight! It took me two plus years to gain 30 lbs. & hang on to it in my recovery from anorexia. (I was 79lbs. I went the feed tube route, initially) Fluctuations of 2-4 lbs. are so normal (water fluctuation, hormones, etc.). Maybe trying weighing yourself monthly? That might show more accurate/consistant
feedback.

You're doing great. I bet your perception of a setback is an illusion!

Kate.

Re: Michele: re: setbacks new
      #233676 - 12/24/05 08:54 AM
anlikerm

Yea, you're probably right. I think I just lost 2 lbs of CRAP, yesterday. Seriously! LOL!!

I'm glad you were able to put weight back on, Kate! Congratulations! That's a huge step to be able to take AND KEEP!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233693 - 12/24/05 11:50 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well I am still struggling with winter calorie intake. Friday's total was estimated at 1935.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Michele: re: setbacks new
      #233698 - 12/24/05 12:10 PM
Wind

Thanks, it was kind of life or death as I was 79 lbs. As I could not eat, I opted for the nasal feed tube.

Kate.

#233707 - 12/24/05 03:52 PM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

Yikes! These Lexapro side effects are not good at all. My doc started me at half a low-normal dose and that was still way too much. Now I have to go down to a 1/4 dose.

The nausea is awful so I haven't been eating much.

crispix/soymilk

arrowroot cookies

baked potato with a little bit of chicken

that's it.

I am going to make an Amy's Soy Cheese Pizza to get some extra calories.

Ugh.

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: I feel your pain, Karen!! new
      #233709 - 12/24/05 05:23 PM
anlikerm

AWWWW, You Poor thing!! I'm sorry you're getting these nasty drug side effects!!! I totally feel your pain, though. I am too!!

I just started Elavil again two days ago and I'm nauseated, too! I didn't know you were starting an AD!! I cannot take ANY of the AD's that are in your category. Is it like the SSRI's?? I cannot take any of those. I can only take Elavil (tricyclic). I tried all of them SSRI's in the Navy and every single one of them gave me either a migraine or nausea. I have been on Elavil before and didn't get nauseated from what I can remember. Not like I am now. This sucks don't it!!

Get you some dramamine. Kate told me about Gravol so I ordered some of it from Canada and it came in the mail today. It's the same thing as dramamine and it does work. I only took a 1/4 of a pill because the pharmacist told me that it interacts with MY AD....so, I just took 1/4 and it does help, alot!!! So, get ya some of that.

It is an antihistimine and believe it or not it did NOT upset my stomach like all the other ones do. So, you may be safe with it too. My stomach is the most sensitive in the WORLD, girl!! So, if I can handle it, you probably can, too. But, I only took 1/4!! I haven't taken any more because I'm already groggy enough. I would be dizzy if I took another 1/4.

Good Luck!! Keep us posted!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3388

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review