All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Panic!
      #217247 - 10/03/05 04:34 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

So I have this "ride n tie" race coming up in THREE weeks, and I'm terrified! I haven't been running as much as I wanted to, with vacation, weddings, etc. It's a 10 mile race, with a partner, and someone is always running, while the other bikes. You switch as often as you want, but you have to switch at 3 and 6 miles. In an effort to get my butt in gear, I signed up for a 5K in 2 weeks, sort of "practice". Well, I'm not even sure I'll do well at that!! Ugh! I always sign up, then regret it. But then after the race I usually feel good, so I'm trying to hold onto that. But this 10 mile thing is very intimidating. It would help if my husband was ever home to go run/bike with me, but practicing on my own hasn't worked well. So far I can run 2 miles, bike 4 no problem. But I have to add at least 2 miles running and another 2 miles biking. Please send me some energy vibes!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ride the Wind, Ginger! new
      #217257 - 10/03/05 06:59 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I hope those endorphins kick in--I hope you get a high, a rush, a buzz and ride the wind. I think I'll send you a little Pegasus energy.

Happy birthday, again, Epa! I hope life continues to be a thrill ride, an adventure. You've got the spirit.

Kate.

Thanks, Kate! new
      #217555 - 10/05/05 08:16 AM
epa_ginger

I ran yesterday and it went ok. I'm planning to run tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday, and take a break Sunday. So hopefully I can get my endurance up again. I wish I was a natural runner. I should seriously pick an activitiy I naturally am good at. Now, if I could only figure out what that is.....

--------------------

Am I dreaming? new
      #218731 - 10/10/05 03:19 PM
epa_ginger

today for the second day in a row, I ran a 5K without stopping or slowing down!! I even added a few blocks just to make sure, I only measured it with my bike odometer, who knows how accurate that is. Anyway, I have NEVER been able to run that far outside without stopping and walking a bit. I don't know what is in the air but I'm loving it! I feel SO much better about the 5K I'm running this weekend, (my time is down to 24min!), and a little glimmer of hope about the 10 mile run/bike race the weekend after. And right now I have such a major endorphin rush I feel like doing cartwheels!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review