All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 9/29/05
      #216452 - 09/28/05 11:01 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 9/29 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/29/05 new
      #216680 - 09/29/05 10:11 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Still less than 1000 calories, but I'm too tired and too satiated to consume more.

I love my new strategy of deleting mornings from my life.

Here's what I ate:

--1 c. egg whites (just herbed. didn't feel like 'the traditional' green eggs. actually, just herbed is really yummy!)
--1.5 c. cod, poached (i love poached fish. it's so tummy and tooth friendly. light. simple. fast. delicate.)

raw:
--1 large head iceburg lettuce (resistance is futile. i love lettuce. it needs no dressing. it's so sedating/tranquilizing, thirst quenching. just some sea salt and herbs. a kind of bed for something.)

cooked:
--1 c. scallions/green onions (i love them steamed with sea salt. warning: i would/could eat more.)
--1 c. red onion
--8 cloves garlic
--green beans, basil
--crimini mushrooms, herbes de provence with extra lavender
(oh so narcotic!)

Note: My psychiatrist talked to me re: gaining some weight
(i.e. I need to, or rather could stand to add a few. The decision, however, is that it's up to me. My position is why in the heck would someone with osteo-arthritis/osteopenia want to lug around more body. I just want a strong skeleton. )

I suppose that sounds morbid.

Personal Victory: Didn't compute calories. I don't really need to--after years of doing it, I just know the values by heart, kind of like how one might know a prayer or a nursery rhyme or a song, etc.

Kate.

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/29/05 new
      #216714 - 09/30/05 07:18 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

so much eating out this week! james (roommate/best friend) took me out to this amaaaazing french place to celebrate le nouveau job. next week should be much calmer. (ignore the last-day-working-above-the-amazing-wheat-free-bakery muffin i'm eating right now...)

a hungry day, even before the dinner out..

take heart oatmeal
soy milk

baby carrots
3 T hummus
honey wheat pretzels

fake turkey sandwich
3 newman-o's

minestrone soup
egg white omelette w/ spinach filling & mushroom glaze
(one of the best things i've ever eaten.)
lots of french bread

junior mints (at the concert after dinner - the omelette taste was hanging out in my mouth, so concession minty candy had to be done.)

1800. walked to work and then some, probably 3 mi total. and with the fake turkey and *massive* omelette (which i couldn't even bear to finish!), 85g protein!

my weight's been pretty stable (stagnant) the last week or so, even going up a pound. (hard to tell with my crappy dial scale - i should spring for a digital thing.) i'm hoping that's the muscle vs. fat thing (i have actual muscles in my arms, which is a new thing - though not having been to the gym in so many days i feel like a sloth), but the weight loss slowing/stopping/reversing coincided with eating a little bit more calorie-wise each day. maybe i do need to be around the lower end of things to get this to work.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1349

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review