Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 9/26/05 new
      #216227 - 09/27/05 07:58 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi laurel
that is so cool that youre wanting to become a vegan. what kind of ballet classes do you take? oddly enough, i was thinking of taking them myself. i had considered yoga for some time, but i think its deeper then i can be right now. ballet seems like it would help me ease into yoga---and be a great stress relief! lemme know

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ashley new
      #216703 - 09/30/05 06:35 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Ashley (sorry I just saw this! )

Yeah the veganism thing is kind of like an inevitability more than a conscious choice... egg whites and fish and chicken are just *really* repusling me lately - uck (Kate you stole my protein cravings! lol ). But I'm happy with it and my body seems to be enjoying it quite a bit!

I'm taking a ballet class that's being offered on my campus for people with "some previous dance experience" (I danced ballet all through the time I was growing up - so for about 9 years! - but it's been about 7 since I've done anything). I do really love ballet; it was my passion for a really long time, and for a really long time I was certain I was going to be a ballet dancer, lol! The only thing I don't like about it is that it can be quite competitive and it's very disciplined and strict - even this class I'm taking is somewhat that way and it's all for fun.

Personally, for fitness I think I'd have to say I prefer yoga and pilates classes, simply because they are more relaxing/less pressure - you can really go at your own pace, i.e. if you're not quite flexible you can just do what you can. That's not necessarily the case in ballet classes, at least in ones that I've taken. But, if you are interested in trying ballet, I do very much recommend it just the same! It's a really beautiful and freeing exercise - you get strength and flexibility and you get to really express yourself with your body too.

Just curious, LM new
      #216871 - 10/01/05 10:21 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

When you post B: the usual, what is the usual? I went back a ways to see your earlier posts, but couldn't find one yet before you started saying the usual!

Also, do bananas help the D part of your IBS? I know you are an A. I'm a C and I've been afraid to eat them, but I notice you often eat 2 a day.

Oh, I looked up your potato/mushroom/snap pea recipe and it looks wonderful! I will need to put those ingredients on my list. I did post some questions to it though!

Thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Just curious, LM new
      #216877 - 10/01/05 11:31 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I eat malt o meal every morning. I used to say MOM but everyone questioned what it was. I love bananas and can't say if they are in fact good or bad, but I am stable and eat 2 a day so they must be fine. I don't eat them green though.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4269

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review