All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 9/24/05
      #215542 - 09/23/05 10:12 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 9/24 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/24/05 new
      #215616 - 09/24/05 06:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: the usual
snacks: banana, luna bar
L: leftovers: some veggies, 1/2 chicken breast, 1 piece choc zucchini bread
snacks: misc items: chips, trail mix, few grapes, pickles, ?
D: 2 boca burgers with fixins, sliced potatoes
very full, probably no dessert
Total around 1600 (last night pigged out on chocolate things before bed so total was raised!)
Ex: went down to treadmill but back hurt just getting on it and so I didn't exercise
Other: nothing really, cooked all afternoon and I am super tired. I made my last batch of pickles and froze my very sad looking basil after the bad hailstorm on Wednesday. What a bummer. Need to start some basil seeds.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#215622 - 09/24/05 06:50 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hit the market this morning and bought tons of 'shrooms! Also bought a few fennel bulbs, celery, scallions, garlic, onions; tons of basil (the car smelled intoxicating!), dill, cilantro, swiss chard, and lettuce. I picked up my monster load of 1 kg spinach bags from Cost Co. later on, this afternoon yup, half a dozen. No matter what, spinach totally agrees with me! (Probably because there is hardly any galactose in it!)

Here's what I consumed:

--1 c. egg whites
--.5 c. cod (poached)
--.5 c. cod (poached)
***Protein: 100g (56%)*** Way to go, Kate!!!

Raw:
--spring mix (1 lb.)
--iceburg lettuce (1 medium head)***am i being too graphic?***

Cooked:
--cremini mushrooms (okay, I'll fess up--8c., today.)
--2 large bunches scallions (oooh, do I ever miss LEEKS!)
--1 vidalia onion (about a cup)
--6 cloves garlic
--16 small celery stalks (i think my chloride levels were low today--probably drank too much green tea & water)
--a bunch of cilantro
--'faux-tatoes' (cauliflower puree)(salad topper/creamy white sauce)
--parsley (about 1 c.)

I must be fighting a cold/flu. I just cannot get enough of celery and assorted allum, today. Lol! I had a green onion omelette for brunch.

I just cannot get over the shine & gloss to my hair which is going through a seriously rapid growth phase. My joints love the heat from the allum. Strangely, they make my tummy feel better. My cheeks have a nice copper kiss.

I still think I'm consuming too many carbs (109g/34%). Goal, to continue the protein and consider reducing the carbs. With my crappy teeth, I'm just getting tired of chewing them.

Edited by Wind (09/24/05 08:30 PM)

#215641 - 09/24/05 09:20 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

bagel
banana

luna bar

1 c rice
1/2 c spinach
3 egg whites
(kate-- you inspired this. it was really good. i think of it as 'kate food with rice.')
baked lays

small sweetpotato
1 piece toast w/ jam
teddie grahams

ufo - soy cheese quesadilla w/ grilled veggies
frozen margarita

probably 2200? not concerned - saturday night out. these things happen.

too sleepy for much commentation. see you all tomorrow.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: jaime/'kate-food,' LOL! new
      #215710 - 09/25/05 11:46 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Those egg whites are a sure thing with me. Fast/easy, too...and may I add 'elegant?'

I've been eating 1 c. per protein feed, lately. It's sort of a way I can guarantee a serious HIT. Sometimes, though, I just have 1/2 c. They are SO SO SO filling.

Also, a great fast dinner or snack, with any number of variations! I love using the spinach puree and filling it like a 'crepe.' Hmmm...you could even add some soy to yours, if you wanted--have fun with fake meat/cheese! Actually, you could put the rice right in there, too.

Once, a very very very long time ago--in my lost days--I whipped up an omelette with crushed potatoe chips.

Kate.

Re: jaime/'kate-food,' LOL! new
      #215740 - 09/25/05 02:38 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i've actually breen doing the egg whites hard boiled - much easier for me, as so many my meals aren't eaten at home. they're so portable, so easy. and good. i also tried my protein powder with just water today, and you were totally right. it tasted just like the alba shakes my mom used to make when i was little.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2387

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review